GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 13:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rutgers MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rutgers '20 (I)
GRE 1: 307 Q155 V152
GPA: 3.46
Calling all Rutgers MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 10:15
Hi everyone,

I am applying to Rutgers for round 2, for a concentration in Finance. Just had my interview yesterday.

Wanted to know how everyone else's experience has been!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 2.8
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling all Rutgers MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 10:21
Hey Congratulations on the interview!

I have accepted my admission offer. Let me know if you have any questions.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 2.69
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Rutgers MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 10:42
Congrats V6Highlander on your admission and dm264 for finishing the interview.

dm264 i am just curious to know when did u submit your application in round 2?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 11:28
V6Highlander wrote:

Hi V6Highlander,

Congrats! That is great. How was the process for you from applying to the interview to finding out? Was it in a timely fashion? Did you receive any scholarships?

Also, are you an international student or a domestic student?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 11:29
Shakib90 wrote:
Congrats V6Highlander on your admission and dm264 for finishing the interview.

dm264 i am just curious to know when did u submit your application in round 2?

Hi Shakib90,

I submitted it on the last day in round two actually. There was an issue with my application and I got it in very last minute. Have you also applied in round 2, and if so, did you receive notification for an interview?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 11:51
dm264 wrote:
V6Highlander wrote:

Hi V6Highlander,

Congrats! That is great. How was the process for you from applying to the interview to finding out? Was it in a timely fashion? Did you receive any scholarships?

Thanks!

I applied in the first round before the deadline. Interviewed mid november and received acceptance december 20th (the decision date posted on their website). No, I did not receive any scholarship. I am currently international but working on getting my domestic status. Are you international?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 12:46
V6Highlander wrote:
dm264 wrote:
V6Highlander wrote:

Hi V6Highlander,

Thanks!

I applied in the first round before the deadline. Interviewed mid november and received acceptance december 20th (the decision date posted on their website). No, I did not receive any scholarship. I am currently international but working on getting my domestic status. Are you international?

That's awesome. Your experience seems to me that they are very timely, but you also did apply before the dealing which was super smart.
I am anxiously waiting to hear back now!

I am not international, I am from NJ.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.88
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 15:44
Someone finally made a thread! I've been admitted, still waiting to hear back from other schools before making a decision.

The process was a bit out of order for me:
Interviewed on 1/13
Submitted application on 1/18
Admitted on 1/30
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 17:20
hudamaniam wrote:
Someone finally made a thread! I've been admitted, still waiting to hear back from other schools before making a decision.

Interviewed on 1/13
Admitted on 1/30

Haha yes. It's great you got admitted! But I am wondering, why did you have the interview before submitting the application? Also, would you mind telling me your profile, such as years of experience and GMAT/GRE score?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 18:20
dm264 wrote:
hudamaniam wrote:

Interviewed on 1/13
Admitted on 1/30

Haha yes. It's great you got admitted! But I am wondering, why did you have the interview before submitting the application? Also, would you mind telling me your profile, such as years of experience and GMAT/GRE score?

Long story short: the Director of Admissions (Ronald Kwan) sent out an email saying he would be in San Francisco on a certain weekend, and invited people to chat about the program. I reached out to schedule a chat with him, and he saw that I had already started my application - the only thing missing was my essays. He asked if I would be interested in turning the chat into a formal interview for the program, and I accepted the invitation. I submitted my application the following week.

As for my profile:
WE: 1.5 years (2 years at matriculation) biotech research at a small firm, as a research associate and project manager
GPA: 2.9 from top 40 state school, majored in pharmacology
GMAT: 740 (49Q, 42V)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 13:48
hudamaniam wrote:
dm264 wrote:
hudamaniam wrote:

Interviewed on 1/13
Admitted on 1/30

Long story short: the Director of Admissions (Ronald Kwan) sent out an email saying he would be in San Francisco on a certain weekend, and invited people to chat about the program. I reached out to schedule a chat with him, and he saw that I had already started my application - the only thing missing was my essays. He asked if I would be interested in turning the chat into a formal interview for the program, and I accepted the invitation. I submitted my application the following week.

As for my profile:
WE: 1.5 years (2 years at matriculation) biotech research at a small firm, as a research associate and project manager

That's amazing! Your GMAT is really great! Did you get a scholarship?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 16:25
dm264 wrote:
hudamaniam wrote:
dm264 wrote:

As for my profile:

That's amazing! Your GMAT is really great! Did you get a scholarship?

It was happy coincidence for sure, and it saved me a cross country trip.

I didn't get a scholarship, but all domestic students can qualify for in-state tuition by meeting a few conditions (signing a NJ lease, getting a NJ drivers license etc.). This comes out to about 26k/year, which is incredibly inexpensive as far as reputable Full-Time MBA programs cost.

Edit: I see you're already located in NJ, so you can ignore the in-state tuition bit at the end.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 23:36
Hi all,
Firstly, congratulations on getting an admit into RBS. My name is Shweytank Agrawal and I am currently a first-year MBA graduate. I am also the SGA President and I would love to hear from you all in case of any doubts or queries regarding the admission procedure or the program. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Let's keep the thread active. Go Scarlet Knights!!! Cheers!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 08:31
shweytankagrawal wrote:
Hi all,
Firstly, congratulations on getting an admit into RBS. My name is Shweytank Agrawal and I am currently a first-year MBA graduate. I am also the SGA President and I would love to hear from you all in case of any doubts or queries regarding the admission procedure or the program. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Let's keep the thread active. Go Scarlet Knights!!! Cheers!!

Hey Shweytank can you shed some light on your first year experience at Rutgers? How was the internship search, professors, classes? Did a lot of companies come for on campus recruitment?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 23:15
V6Highlander wrote:
Hey Shweytank can you shed some light on your first-year experience at Rutgers? How was the internship search, professors, classes? Did a lot of companies come for on campus recruitment?

V6Highlander: Firstly, my first year at Rutgers has been nothing short of amazing!!!
Most of the professors bring in several years of real life industry experience or have been in the academia for a good amount of time. I had the opportunity to take Macroeconomics taught by Prof Farrokh Langdana last sem. It was a combined class with the part-time students which made sessions more interactive and insightful.
To talk further about RBS, I would like to break it down into two categories: Domestic/International students.

Domestic:
Rutgers Business School has a great program for domestic students looking to specialize in Finance, Marketing, Pharma, Supply Chain, and MRIA.
Several companies usually do visit the campus and RBS has had 100% internship rates for the past few years.
More than 50% of the domestic students already have an internship right now through campus recruitment.

International:
RBS has a strong Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical program which are top choices for the international students in the past.
Due to visa constraints, it is comparatively harder to find opportunities in Finance/Marketing.
However, Rutgers has 100% internship rates for international students too. Currently, 30% already have an internship.

I hope this answers your question. Although, it is still initial stages of the admission process. Once more students are admitted, the Student Government Association will organize a Webex seminar to provide further information.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 10:31
shweytankagrawal wrote:
V6Highlander: Firstly, my first year at Rutgers has been nothing short of amazing!!!
Most of the professors bring in several years of real life industry experience or have been in the academia for a good amount of time. I had the opportunity to take Macroeconomics taught by Prof Farrokh Langdana last sem. It was a combined class with the part-time students which made sessions more interactive and insightful.
To talk further about RBS, I would like to break it down into two categories: Domestic/International students.

Domestic:
Rutgers Business School has a great program for domestic students looking to specialize in Finance, Marketing, Pharma, Supply Chain, and MRIA.
Several companies usually do visit the campus and RBS has had 100% internship rates for the past few years.
More than 50% of the domestic students already have an internship right now through campus recruitment.

International:
RBS has a strong Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical program which are top choices for the international students in the past.
Due to visa constraints, it is comparatively harder to find opportunities in Finance/Marketing.
However, Rutgers has 100% internship rates for international students too. Currently, 30% already have an internship.

I hope this answers your question. Although, it is still initial stages of the admission process. Once more students are admitted, the Student Government Association will organize a Webex seminar to provide further information.

Thank you so much for the in depth response! Why is there a drop off in the internship rates for international students? I thought the F-1 student visas allowed international students to get internships without applying for additional visas?

Also, can you comment on the networking opportunities for Rutgers and how it compares with the big names like NYU and Columbia?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Feb 2018, 18:50
V6Highlander wrote:

Thank you so much for the in-depth response! Why is there a drop off in the internship rates for international students? I thought the F-1 student visas allowed international students to get internships without applying for additional visas?

Also, can you comment on the networking opportunities for Rutgers and how it compares with the big names like NYU and Columbia?

There hasn't been a drop in the internship rates. Usually, most people find the internships in their second semester.
Also, the F-1 visa does allow internationals to work here. However, a lot of companies extend a full-time offer after the internship and hence are reluctant to hire F1 students if they don't sponsor.

You will have ample networking opportunities as RBS is located very close to the city. We have over 10 clubs which organize Alumni mixer events around the year. RU also hosts several career fairs to network. I would say that at the end of the day you are what you make of it.

Originally posted by shweytankagrawal on 15 Feb 2018, 11:40.
Last edited by shweytankagrawal on 15 Feb 2018, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 17:20
Hi shweytankagrawal,
How is the placement for international students? For somebody who is not a career changer, how helpful will the program be to get placed in a technology company? I have a background in analytics.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 20:02
Hey Guys,

Got an admit this morning :)
Can ppl who got admits tell me where can I find my scholarship info?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 22:14
icanandwill wrote:
Hi shweytankagrawal,
How is the placement for international students? For somebody who is not a career changer, how helpful will the program be to get placed in a technology company? I have a background in analytics.

RBS MBA offers specialization called Analytics and Information Management which is a relatively new program but picking up pace rapidly. In fact, there is a special scholarship for students pursuing this path. As of now, there are no technology companies that come on campus for recruitment for this concentration. You would have to find an internship/job through career fairs or networking as is the case in most b-schools.
Also, I would like to know what your post-MBA goals are? Given that you are an international student, if you are looking to continue a technical role in Analytics post-graduation, I would advise you to also have a look at MS in Analytics programs. Any MS degree would qualify you for a STEM extension post-graduation.

If you would like to discuss in detail, you can connect me on LinkedIn (Shweytank Agrawal) and schedule an informational interview.
Re: Calling all Rutgers MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2018, 22:14

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 32 posts ] 

Calling all Rutgers MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap