GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 04:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Admitted
13 Feb, 2018
obiwankanobi GMAT: 730, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.02; WE: 39 months; India; via Email
Admitted
13 Feb, 2018
jegan2388 GMAT: 710, Q48, V39; GPA: 3.66; WE: 66 months; India; via Email
Admitted to the IMBA Program
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 01:57
avpooja wrote:
Hi Guys
Congrads to all who are joining Fall 2018!
Just got admitted to the Fall 2018 MBA at Schulich Canada - keele !
In my admissions letter, it says "Work Placement Required : NO "
Anyone know why is this? What does it mean?
Also, what is the major difference between the MBA and International MBA ?

Congrats on your admit.

It just means that the "Internship" is not a mandatory requirement for the degree.

This is one of the key differences in the MBA and IMBA - IMBA has a required work term / internship. Also the cohort is very small, as compared to the MBA.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 02:30
Schulich DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 33 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:710 (Q48 V39), GPA: 3.66, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 66, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 53 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.02, Industry: Accounting, WE 39, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 59 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q51 V37), GPA: 3, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 66, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Invited to Interview
13 Feb, 2018
cubs GMAT: 740, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.92; WE: 48 months; India; via Email
Invited to Interview
14 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 690, Q49, V35; GPA: 3.44; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Invited to Interview
14 Feb, 2018
vaibhavvishal89 GMAT: 620, Q47, V28; GPA: 3; WE: 78 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 19:20
Did anyone receive any update on Scholarship?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.26

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 11:40
Hi just got an Interview Invite, Its with Imran Kanga, has anyone completed the skype interview with him? Can you please share your experience?What kind of questions asked anything I should be aware of before going for the interview??

I am really nervous and dont have much time to prepare anything

Thanks in Advance
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 12:55
Admitted on : 2018/02/13

GMAT: 640, Q48, V29

GPA: 3.5

WE: 24 months

Heard back via: Email

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.83

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 12:59
amanchowdhary wrote:
Hi just got an Interview Invite, Its with Imran Kanga, has anyone completed the skype interview with him? Can you please share your experience?What kind of questions asked anything I should be aware of before going for the interview??

Thanks in Advance

Hi

Sharing my interview experience with Mr. Imran Kanga

He asked me 4 basic questions which I read that he generally asks most people.

1) Tell me about your current job. Since I work in the Energy field, he shared a little about how Schulich has become energy conscious and we had a short chat about that.

2) Why do you want to do an MBA

3) Why did you choose Schulich in particular ? I spoke about the school, location, clubs, etc.

4) Do you have any questions? Asked him if I can balance life outside the program by pursuing personal interests. He said there are many opportunities to enjoy the city and other activities through the events organised by the Graduate Business Council, etc.

Lastly, he said "I thought a person like you would choose the International MBA and not the Full time General MBA. I got a little stumped because I never considered the International MBA at all (did not read about it either). So I fumbled and asked "You mean the MBA offered in Hyderabad?". His reply: "Ugh No. I mean the International MBA where you have a work term b/w 1st and 2nd Yr and you can choose to go abroad". Taking a clue, I managed an answer : "Well, I want to experience Canada and fully immerse myself in the city and the opportunities it has to offer and am not keen on doing any internships abroad" (Frankly, that happens to be the truth!)

We then signed off. Guess it all worked out well (was offered admission within a week of the interview)
Note: I couldn't decipher anything from his expressions because he seemed pretty laid back throughout the interview.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.26

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 22:21
avpooja wrote:
amanchowdhary wrote:

Thanks in Advance

Hi

Sharing my interview experience with Mr. Imran Kanga

He asked me 4 basic questions which I read that he generally asks most people.

1) Tell me about your current job. Since I work in the Energy field, he shared a little about how Schulich has become energy conscious and we had a short chat about that.

2) Why do you want to do an MBA

3) Why did you choose Schulich in particular ? I spoke about the school, location, clubs, etc.

4) Do you have any questions? Asked him if I can balance life outside the program by pursuing personal interests. He said there are many opportunities to enjoy the city and other activities through the events organised by the Graduate Business Council, etc.

Lastly, he said "I thought a person like you would choose the International MBA and not the Full time General MBA. I got a little stumped because I never considered the International MBA at all (did not read about it either). So I fumbled and asked "You mean the MBA offered in Hyderabad?". His reply: "Ugh No. I mean the International MBA where you have a work term b/w 1st and 2nd Yr and you can choose to go abroad". Taking a clue, I managed an answer : "Well, I want to experience Canada and fully immerse myself in the city and the opportunities it has to offer and am not keen on doing any internships abroad" (Frankly, that happens to be the truth!)

We then signed off. Guess it all worked out well (was offered admission within a week of the interview)
Note: I couldn't decipher anything from his expressions because he seemed pretty laid back throughout the interview.

Hey

Congratulations on your admit and Thank you so much for the reply.. This helps :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 08:06
Hi, has anyone been interviewed by Satyameet? if yes, please share your experience!
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 11:54
rinsar007 wrote:
Hi, has anyone been interviewed by Satyameet? if yes, please share your experience!

I did. He asked about my research methodology of shortlisting the bschools I wanted to apply to.
If he gave me 50,000$ to invest what would you do with it?
What is one feature of leadership that is not desirable.

These are the questions that I found unique. Other than that it was basic why do you want to come to Schulich and what was the response of students you spoke to (I mentioned that I spoke to a few current students in one of my answers). Oh he might ask you about something you've mentioned in your resume or essay coz he asked me about violin. (I used to play in school)

I'd suggest just be confident and know your resume and essay.

Hope it helps.

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 00:00
Is there a WhatsApp group for the admitted MBA or IMBA students for Schulich at the Keele Campus?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 00:22
Anyone has had an interview with Kirthi? If yes, please share your experience.
Admitted
12 Feb, 2018
haiderimran1 GMAT: 650, Q44, V35; GPA: 2.94; WE: 45 months; Pakistan; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.55

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 22:15
mecheniren wrote:
Did anyone receive any update on Scholarship?

Nope. The meeting was done on Wednesday and admission said we should hear back by Friday; but I still have not received anything yet. I hope they do send notification to people who did not get awards.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 02:36
Has any IMBA applicant appeared for the OPI?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 03:17
mba2017a wrote:
Has any IMBA applicant appeared for the OPI?

I have already sent them an email to schedule my OPI , however still haven’t had a response

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 20 Feb 2018, 03:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  17    Next  [ 325 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap