It is currently 18 Jan 2018, 03:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 09:55
folks, have the interview invites started trickling in ?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 01:37
V6Highlander wrote:
priya3891 wrote:
V6Highlander wrote:
Hey guys I have an interview with the school next week. Anyone wants to share their experience?

The application status says Submitted. Will it change to In review or something else? I submitted my application on 27th Nov. And also got the scholarship form. But the status still shows Submitted. ?

I just checked mine and it says submitted. I got an email from the adcom saying they would like to interview me and to pick a time.

V6Highlander
mind sharing your profile and score?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 25

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 02:04
do we have a whats app group ?

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 02:05
https://chat.whatsapp.com/20o8QojZ1A6JnWWOn20vxA

join the whatsapp group pls for schulich aspirants 2018 fall intake

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 07:19
Received an interview invite today from Associate Director of Schulich Hyderabad Campus although both of my recommenders haven't submitted the LORs yet. Is that normal? :?
I submitted my application on 30th Nov.

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GRE 1: 325 Q160 V165
Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 08:10
Hey guys ,

interview scheduled this friday .

I can see someone has that glorious admit in hand , well , i will be asking the obvious , tips please?

Anyway guys , wish you all the best and wish me luck too.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 08:43
I got an interview invite as well.

Have scheduled it for 18th though. Fingers crossed.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 159 [1], given: 125

Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 09:04
This post received
KUDOS
sk2205 wrote:
Received an interview invite today from Associate Director of Schulich Hyderabad Campus although both of my recommenders haven't submitted the LORs yet. Is that normal? :?

If they like you they will give you conditional offer and require you to submit the LORs after. One of my references was outstanding when I got an offer so don't worry it means you've got a good profile.

Good luck in interview.

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

Kudos [?]: 159 [1], given: 125

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 09:27
jkolachi wrote:
sk2205 wrote:

If they like you they will give you conditional offer and require you to submit the LORs after. One of my references was outstanding when I got an offer so don't worry it means you've got a good profile.

Good luck in interview.

Thank you jkolachi. Also, Congratulations on the offer! :)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 09:54
sk2205 wrote:

I am in the similar situation, Submitted on 1st Dec, One of my referees is yet to submit the recommendation. Interview scheduled on 19th Dec

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 03:35
Is my understanding correct that all candidates are invited for an interview?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 08:01
received an interview invite yesterday...someone from Graduate Admission Team in India...planning to schedule for next week...those who have already been intvwd...request to share tips/questions.

all the best to all

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 2.8
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 09:26
Hey guys. I had my interview earlier this week and just want to give everyone an update. I am Canadian and a domestic applicant. That might have been the reason for the quick response from the admissions team.

The interview was conversational and informal in nature. My interviewer was extremely friendly which made me relax (I get very anxious). The questions were straight forward:
- Why MBA? Schulich? (Really stress why schulich is the right fit for your career)
- How is your short term going to help you in the long term
- Lead a project where you came across some issues or someone who wasn't willing to cooperate and what you did?
- One word to describe yourself and why?
- One or two more questions but it was about my work experience and resume

One thing I would emphasize for future applicants is to concentrate on your video essay. I got positive feedback from my interviewer and she mentioned how calm and relaxed I looked while answering the question. I think for schools asking for video essay this section can really set you apart.

Other than that, just try and have a conversation with them and ask them questions about the school and specific concentrations or clubs. She mentioned I should receive a response either end of dec or first week of jan.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Schools: ESADE '20 (I)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 20:24
V6Highlander wrote:
Hey guys. I had my interview earlier this week and just want to give everyone an update. I am Canadian and a domestic applicant. That might have been the reason for the quick response from the admissions team.

The interview was conversational and informal in nature. My interviewer was extremely friendly which made me relax (I get very anxious). The questions were straight forward:
- Why MBA? Schulich? (Really stress why schulich is the right fit for your career)
- Lead a project where you came across some issues or someone who wasn't willing to cooperate and what you did?

One thing I would emphasize for future applicants is to concentrate on your video essay. I got positive feedback from my interviewer and she mentioned how calm and relaxed I looked while answering the question. I think for schools asking for video essay this section can really set you apart.

Other than that, just try and have a conversation with them and ask them questions about the school and specific concentrations or clubs. She mentioned I should receive a response either end of dec or first week of jan.

Thanku so much for sharing ur experience with us.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 01:22
V6Highlander wrote:

Hey Highlander! Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. I was wondering if you could tell me more about the video essays? I just got done with my GMAT and will be completing the application in a few days. I'm very nervous about the video essays and can use all the help coming my way!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 2.8
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 04:25
MadhavNayak wrote:
Hey Highlander! Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. I was wondering if you could tell me more about the video essays? I just got done with my GMAT and will be completing the application in a few days. I'm very nervous about the video essays and can use all the help coming my way!

Hey Madhav, don't let the video essays scare you. Everyone gets different sets of questions and unfortunately I don't remember the questions I was asked. It was behavioral questions for me. The written component is similar to GMAT AWA section except you have 5 mins.

Before you start they give you some practice questions. I would advice to do them as many times as you can just to acclimate yourself with the timer. Make sure you smile and look at the camera. Avoid using any filler words. Use buzz words like team work, productivity, optimizing, efficient etc. Stay calm, the interviewer knows this is not the most effective way to interview someone but they want to see how you adjust in a situation like this. Dress professional and treat it as a real interview.

You will do fine, good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 06:56
MadhavNayak wrote:
V6Highlander wrote:

do not stress out thinking abt the video essays...to share I also had this feeling of doubt but then once you start and practice you start getting the hang of it...its actually easy...questions can be anything...just speak whatever u can relate w.r.t the question...same goes for the written part. all the best

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 21:15
antivitruvius wrote:
Hey guys ,

interview scheduled this friday .

I can see someone has that glorious admit in hand , well , i will be asking the obvious , tips please?

Anyway guys , wish you all the best and wish me luck too.

Hi, how did your interview go? can you pls share your experience?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 23:50
I attended interview yesterday. He said they are planning to release all admission releases on a single date this year - most probable Jan first week.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 00:04
combat2016 wrote:
I attended interview yesterday. He said they are planning to release all admission releases on a single date this year - most probable Jan first week.

Thank you for the update. I wonder why they are changing the process this year. Any rationale provided?
Also, What questions were you asked in your interview?

Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2017, 00:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 125 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2018 Sept Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap