GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 18
Concentration: Technology
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2015, 05:03
ashwart wrote:
I'm in!! Anyone received the official admission letter through email yet?


Nothing besides the "view your decision status" email that I got on Wednesday. Nothing in the physical mail either.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 18
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q51 V29
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 03:37
Nandan442

Bro...Don't worry. you have such a good score. I guess you are doing some big mistake in the application essays. Can you share your profile?
For smith, I was more excited about your result than mine. I am praying for you man. Mera hoye na hoye bhai...tumhara hona chayie...nhi to GMAT se trust khtam ho jayega.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: forever waiting
Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 04:01
3 years work experience as a business solutions consultant In tcs
Score 760
Toefl 104
Have pretty good extra circulars including Co founding a NGO and being a district badminton and chess champion. And director for a club called Ace Gmat that assists people taking the exam with strategies.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: forever waiting
Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 04:02
Spector007 wrote:
Nandan442

Bro...Don't worry. you have such a good score. I guess you are doing some big mistake in the application essays. Can you share your profile?
For smith, I was more excited about your result than mine. I am praying for you man. Mera hoye na hoye bhai...tumhara hona chayie...nhi to GMAT se trust khtam ho jayega.

Thanks bro... I shared my profile.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 18
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q51 V29
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 04:13
Nandan442

Bro...How are your interviews going? Something is going wrong! Man you deserve an admit!!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2014
Posts: 128
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2015, 02:56
Hi Everyone! I have been a silent listener of this thread for quite some time. I guess it's time for me to ask some questions that I have related to Smith!
GMAT 700
work ex: almost four years in IT. Working with Samsung R&D.
Extracurricular: Nothing to boast about. I have played cricket for almost 15 years now.

I have my interview scheduled for 22nd Jan? Can those who have already faced the interview shed some light on the questions? especially the tougher ones!
Does UMD ask behavioral questions as well?

Thanks in advance folks and good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Up again.
Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 458
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2015, 04:02
avdougherty wrote:
I applied R2 and interviewed on 1/7. I got a call saying I was admitted on 1/12 and then received my acceptance letter the next day. I was surprised I heard back so quickly as I thought I was going to have to wait until Feb for the decision.

I have 6 yrs work experience at Deloitte, 620 GMAT score, and 3.71 GPA from undergrad.

Good luck everyone!!!

Anyone going to Admitted Students Weekend on March 7th? I'm excited!

- Amelia


Well that escalated quickly!
_________________
My GMAT debrief: http://gmatclub.com/forum/from-620-to-710-my-gmat-journey-114437.html
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 18:45
Abhimirage wrote:
Hi Everyone! I have been a silent listener of this thread for quite some time. I guess it's time for me to ask some questions that I have related to Smith!
GMAT 700
work ex: almost four years in IT. Working with Samsung R&D.
Extracurricular: Nothing to boast about. I have played cricket for almost 15 years now.

I have my interview scheduled for 22nd Jan? Can those who have already faced the interview shed some light on the questions? especially the tougher ones!
Does UMD ask behavioral questions as well?

Thanks in advance folks and good luck to everyone!


Here are some of the questions I got:

Walk me through your resume
Why Smith?
Why Now?
Why MBA?
What do you like about your job, what do you dislike?
Tell me about a time you received feedback and how did you address it?
What have been some of your biggest accomplishments at work?
Tell me about a time you dealt to someone difficult on your team?
What other schools did you apply to? What attributes drew you to those schools?
What attributes do you want out of an MBA program?

It was very conversational. There weren’t any curve-balls are hard questions. If you look back through this thread a few other people posted questions as well. I used those to prep and it really helped. Also, have someone do a mock interview with you. I think that helped me the most in preparing.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 11:16
I just got a call for a face to face interview in India.
Its one of the first few -they've apparently given a call to 42 candidates (judging by the available slots).

Can someone provide some information on the weightage Smith puts on interviews? Are GAs offered to R2 applicants also?
I'm a 24 year old, IT professional from a niche product company, with 3 years of work ex, 710 GMAT, 113 TOEFL and international living/studying experience + exchange programs + intl competitions, and have a LOT of good extra-curricular.

What are my chances?
_________________
University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business - CLASS OF 2017
Said Oxford School Moderator
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 93
Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 12:12
Got an invitation to admitted student dinner in India. Will be attending the same in Mumbai on Feb 2nd...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 12:42
I just finished with my interview. It went well but in the end the interviewer told we owe you a decision by April 14th.
She said part of your application was completed in first week of January. It seems my TOEFL score reached them late probably due to the holiday season. Though she said she will check with the adcom director. Can anyone suggest me what can be done to be considered for R2??? Will they consider my request as I submitted my application on 15th December?
Someone please help
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 23:42
Anybody attending the Dinner in Delhi?
Said Oxford School Moderator
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 93
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 02:14
kpsg wrote:
I just finished with my interview. It went well but in the end the interviewer told we owe you a decision by April 14th.
She said part of your application was completed in first week of January. It seems my TOEFL score reached them late probably due to the holiday season. Though she said she will check with the adcom director. Can anyone suggest me what can be done to be considered for R2??? Will they consider my request as I submitted my application on 15th December?
Someone please help

Send them an email for the same and request for an early decision on your application. During my interview, I was informed that adcom considers early decision requests on case by case basis...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Jan 2015, 15:55
sa2015 wrote:
kpsg wrote:
I just finished with my interview. It went well but in the end the interviewer told we owe you a decision by April 14th.
She said part of your application was completed in first week of January. It seems my TOEFL score reached them late probably due to the holiday season. Though she said she will check with the adcom director. Can anyone suggest me what can be done to be considered for R2??? Will they consider my request as I submitted my application on 15th December?
Someone please help

Send them an email for the same and request for an early decision on your application. During my interview, I was informed that adcom considers early decision requests on case by case basis...


Thanks a lot
I hope they consider my application in R2

Originally posted by Bond0007F on 22 Jan 2015, 10:35.
Last edited by Bond0007F on 30 Jan 2015, 15:55, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 104
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 01:16
hey hi guys . ....... any current student or alumni on gmatclub who might help me know a little more abt the college nd wud be intrested in giving a little bit of their time over a chat ....... wud really appreciate it .... :) ....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.52
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 12:01
Hey guys!! anyone got an interview invitation in the 3rd round.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2015, 15:56
kpsg wrote:
sa2015 wrote:
kpsg wrote:
I just finished with my interview. It went well but in the end the interviewer told we owe you a decision by April 14th.
She said part of your application was completed in first week of January. It seems my TOEFL score reached them late probably due to the holiday season. Though she said she will check with the adcom director. Can anyone suggest me what can be done to be considered for R2??? Will they consider my request as I submitted my application on 15th December?
Someone please help

Send them an email for the same and request for an early decision on your application. During my interview, I was informed that adcom considers early decision requests on case by case basis...


Thanks a lot
I hope they consider my application in R2

I've sent my interviewer two emails no reply, I have called her 4-5 times in the whole week. It seems she is not available, I called the MBA admissions office no picks up there either. What should I do now? :roll:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 11:16
Zak85 wrote:
Hey guys!! anyone got an interview invitation in the 3rd round.


got an interview invite today...applied in the 3rd round
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.52
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 12:17
Wow. Cong!!!!!! Good luck. So they started sending interview invitations right? I am still waiting. :|
Anu22 wrote:
Zak85 wrote:
Hey guys!! anyone got an interview invitation in the 3rd round.


got an interview invite today...applied in the 3rd round
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 14:02
Zak85 wrote:
Wow. Cong!!!!!! Good luck. So they started sending interview invitations right? I am still waiting. :|
Anu22 wrote:
Zak85 wrote:
Hey guys!! anyone got an interview invitation in the 3rd round.


got an interview invite today...applied in the 3rd round


Yeah they have.....good luck to you...hope you get an invite soon. I booked mine for march 23rd, nothing available before that!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2015, 14:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 156 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all SMITH Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sj24






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne