It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 17:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 10:21
So sorry guys! I posted a line about Stanford not encouraging re-application, then left the thread and caused some confusion. :) Pretty irresponsible of me IMO!

Here's why I interpreted it as Stanford not really encouraging re-applicants...see below for a snippet from the FAQ. I thought the last three lines were laughable :)
Quote:
If you wish to submit another application, we recommend that you visit the Evaluation Criteria section
on our website for more information. These criteria are the lens through which we evaluate all
applications and, when thoughtfully considered, may offer you some insight on how to improve your
re-application.

At the same time, it is important to understand that you cannot fully control the outcome of your
application. While we would welcome your re-application to the Stanford Graduate School of
Business, you may wish to accept an offer of admission from another school, since there is no
guarantee of admission as a re-applicant. Enrolling in another program would allow you to begin
working immediately toward your life and career goals.

Anyway! Of course you can apply again and I know one person who got in after a re-application! But it's incredibly important to work on your weaknesses. Stanford (unlike Wharton) does not provide feedback on your application so it gets harder to figure out what exactly was wrong, especially when the FAQ says the following:

Quote:
As we mention in our application materials, we do not offer feedback. The reality of highly selective
admission is that there are more qualified and deserving applicants than spaces available. Because
most applicants are well-qualified for the Stanford MBA Program, there rarely is a clear-cut or
“fixable” reason for a candidate’s denial. Similarly, the reasons why some applicants stand out more
than others are not easily categorized, since excellence itself does not come in uniform dimensions.

Participating in a selection process with a very low admission rate means that there are factors
affecting the ultimate decision on your candidacy over which you have no control (e.g., the nature of
all other applications). Please do not feel responsible for factors you cannot affect.

So that's that.

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 20

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 10:30
Noidea1234 wrote:
So sorry guys! I posted a line about Stanford not encouraging re-application, then left the thread and caused some confusion. :) Pretty irresponsible of me IMO!

Here's why I interpreted it as Stanford not really encouraging re-applicants...see below for a snippet from the FAQ. I thought the last three lines were laughable :)
Quote:
If you wish to submit another application, we recommend that you visit the Evaluation Criteria section
on our website for more information. These criteria are the lens through which we evaluate all
applications and, when thoughtfully considered, may offer you some insight on how to improve your
re-application.

At the same time, it is important to understand that you cannot fully control the outcome of your
application. While we would welcome your re-application to the Stanford Graduate School of
Business, you may wish to accept an offer of admission from another school, since there is no
guarantee of admission as a re-applicant. Enrolling in another program would allow you to begin
working immediately toward your life and career goals.

Anyway! Of course you can apply again and I know one person who got in after a re-application! But it's incredibly important to work on your weaknesses. Stanford (unlike Wharton) does not provide feedback on your application so it gets harder to figure out what exactly was wrong, especially when the FAQ says the following:

Quote:
As we mention in our application materials, we do not offer feedback. The reality of highly selective
admission is that there are more qualified and deserving applicants than spaces available. Because
most applicants are well-qualified for the Stanford MBA Program, there rarely is a clear-cut or
“fixable” reason for a candidate’s denial. Similarly, the reasons why some applicants stand out more
than others are not easily categorized, since excellence itself does not come in uniform dimensions.

Participating in a selection process with a very low admission rate means that there are factors
affecting the ultimate decision on your candidacy over which you have no control (e.g., the nature of
all other applications). Please do not feel responsible for factors you cannot affect.

So that's that.

Thanks a lot for clarifying. In short, there is no formula for admission to Stanford and an applicant would probably be better off going to another school than reapplying to Stanford.

Fine by me. I've decided against applying anyway.

Stay hungry, stay foolish
http://www.techmbagirl.wordpress.com

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS 2+2 '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 04:08
Does anyone know typically what time on Wednesday we will get an email about acceptance/rejection?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 06:29
quandary wrote:
Does anyone know typically what time on Wednesday we will get an email about acceptance/rejection?

Admitted applicants will get a call between Admissions business hours (8am - 4pm PT). The other applicants (waitlisted and rejected) will be notified by an email with a link to the web portal update.

Last edited by Midnight_express on 27 Mar 2016, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 08:46
Saw in previous round that some calls were even made a day before decision day, so keep your phones around you all time and let's all hope for the best!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 11:44
According to this thread (page 30) and Clearadmit Livewire, Stanford started to call admitted applicants two days before the R1 deadline (Dec 7th instead of Dec 9th). So if R2 follows the same pattern calls may start rolling in as early as tomorrow!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 17:04
Midnight_express wrote:
According to this thread (page 30) and Clearadmit Livewire, Stanford started to call admitted applicants two days before the R1 deadline (Dec 7th instead of Dec 9th). So if R2 follows the same pattern calls may start rolling in as early as tomorrow!

woaah...i will not sleep tonight fooo sure!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 19:16
dcorona19 wrote:
Midnight_express wrote:

Haha yeah same! Not going to get any work done as I stare at my phone all day. I'm very happy this week is finally here though. Best of luck to all!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3840 [1], given: 2461

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 21:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
dcorona19 wrote:
Midnight_express wrote:

Yes, even last year calls to R2 folks had been started on March 23rd whereas the decision deadline was March 25th. There were 9 acceptances reported on forum on March 23rd, 10 acceptances on March 24th, and 2 on decision day i.e. March 25th.

If they follow the same pattern this time too, then we can expect calls to start rolling from Monday. Good luck to all. On Monday morning, we will create a separate chat room for Stanford R2 folks to share call updates with fellow applicants.

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3840 [1], given: 2461

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 07:23
In case this helps people not check their phones the entire day, it's worth remembering that today is Easter Monday which can be a day off for the admissions team.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 09:22
Narenn wrote:
dcorona19 wrote:
Midnight_express wrote:

Yes, even last year calls to R2 folks had been started on March 23rd whereas the decision deadline was March 25th. There were 9 acceptances reported on forum on March 23rd, 10 acceptances on March 24th, and 2 on decision day i.e. March 25th.

If they follow the same pattern this time too, then we can expect calls to start rolling from Monday. Good luck to all. On Monday morning, we will create a separate chat room for Stanford R2 folks to share call updates with fellow applicants.

Is the chat room online?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3840 [0], given: 2461

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 09:26

Kudos [?]: 3840 [0], given: 2461

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 20:01
This post received
KUDOS
IN!!!!!

Got the call about an hour ago, CA based!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 20:09
LadyT101 wrote:
IN!!!!!

Got the call about an hour ago, CA based!

Congratulations!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 20:47
This post received
KUDOS
got in!!! CA based!!

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 17

Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 20:58
helloitsme16 wrote:
got in!!! CA based!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a re-applicant?

My heartfelt congratulations to you and massive kudos to your grit and determination to go through this process twice.

Although I was dinged by Stanford (but will be happily matriculating in another top 10 program), Stanford GSB has long been my dream school and is, in my eyes, the global flagship MBA program.

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 17

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 21:01
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call! I'm in and CA based as well!

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 13

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 21:05
This post received
KUDOS
Wilch wrote:
helloitsme16 wrote:
got in!!! CA based!!

My heartfelt congratulations to you and massive kudos to your grit and determination to go through this process twice.

Although I was dinged by Stanford (but will be happily matriculating in another top 10 program), Stanford GSB has long been my dream school and is, in my eyes, the global flagship MBA program.

Yes, I am a re-applicant. Congrats on your matriculation! B School is just another piece of the many experiences we will gather in life, and we all will have a fantastic time regardless of which program we choose, or whether we enroll at all.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 21:07
helloitsme16 wrote:
Wilch wrote:
helloitsme16 wrote:
got in!!! CA based!!

Yes, I am a re-applicant. Congrats on your matriculation! B School is just another piece of the many experiences we will gather in life, and we all will have a fantastic time regardless of which program we choose, or whether we enroll at all.

What did you do different this time? Really interested in knowing the secret recipe to your success.

Congratulations!!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 21:17
helloitsme16 wrote:
got in!!! CA based!!

Congrats....so happy for you!

I'm based in WA, I guess I will get a rejection since still no call. :-(

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2016, 21:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43    Next  [ 853 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap