GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 18:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 06:51
KronicXD wrote:
Should expect a decision in 3-4 hours. Good luck everyone :)

Last year results were uploaded onto the application page at roughly 10am PST.

All the best ppl.. were there any invites on last day last year?

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 07:01
BSeasoned wrote:
KronicXD wrote:
Should expect a decision in 3-4 hours. Good luck everyone :)

Last year results were uploaded onto the application page at roughly 10am PST.

All the best ppl.. were there any invites on last day last year?

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Looking at last year's thread and live wire. Doesn't look like it. However, an admissions consultant said they had a few clients who did get an invite on the last day.

I think the year prior there were invites on the last day.

Considering the amount of invites so far. I think there might be invites today...
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 07:15
Good luck guys! Let's gather in the chat room to share decision updates with each other in real time.. mchat2.php?fl=menu

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 11:20
Ding
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 12:55
Dinged... fingers crossed for HBS and Booth final decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 13:01
mj800 wrote:

Good luck!!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 13:04
alejandro293 wrote:
mj800 wrote:

Good luck!!

Thank you!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 13:37
Ding

All the best to everyone that got an interview and to those still waiting!
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 16:55

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous Stanford applicants

devilbart wrote:
Hi all,

I had my interview yesterday and it was one of the better interviews I've had so far. I'm sharing my experience here and will be keeping it brief, however, if you have any queries I'm available on PM to assist.

My interview was initially scheduled earlier last week, and then after being re-scheduled a couple of times finally took place yesterday. It was with an alumnus from Mumbai in a coffee shop and lasted for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Following are some of the questions I can recall

1.Can you explain what you do in your daily work? (Resume walk-through)
2.What would your subordinates say is your leadership style?
3. How do you show leadership at work? Is Leadership and Management the same? (Behavior analysis.. I aced this one I bet..)
4. As part of company X, tell me a time when you were part of a team that did not perform well, how did you contribute...
5.How do you work with people from different cultures?
6. What do your co-workers say is your weakness?
7.How have you overcome this weakness?
8. Why would you choose our school’s MBA program?
etc. etc.

My interviewer was from a somewhat similar background to mine but had much less upstream experience and more downstream and mid-stream experience.. So once the grilling was done he was genuinely interested to learn much more about upstream services and hydraulic fracturing(my domain of expertise).. we spoke about lot of things from energy sufficiency for india and how i envision the future of shale oil/gas and EOR etc. etc... All in all a pretty good one, wrapped up with him asking me to catch up for another informal meeting sometime soon and that I was headed down the right track in going to stanford, told me about the energy research institute at stanford and how i can leverage my functional knowledge too along with business skills gained through an MBA...

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 17:03

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous Stanford applicants

gotti wrote:
Just finished my interview... Left feeling quite good, and of course now questioning everything.

I may not have been as clean as I would have been typing out my answers, but I felt like I told my stories effectively.

I was a bit surprised that the interviewer didn't ask any of the typical questions like "why Stanford?", "why mba?", "walk me through your resume/introduce yourself".

The interview lasted 55 minutes and only consisted of 4 questions, each with a series of follow-up questions to understand the details of the story.

Tell me about a time you felt effective?
Tell me about another example?
Who is your mentor at work?
Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult colleague?

The interview was almost too relaxed, may have led to me getting a little bit sloppy on a couple of anecdotes. Also at the end I asked a few questions about my career and for one of them he answered "if you do end up at a top business school that shouldn't be a problem" which wasn't overly reassuring. I may be over-reading it though.

Now the waiting game... Good luck to everyone else!

gotti wrote:
Congrats to all who got interviews in the last 24 hours! If you have already done a HBS interview make sure you do a few mocks for GSB as the interview is so drastically different.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 15:38
Had my interview about 12h ago.

Generally a very nice, positive experience. Was at the office of an alum. Got a couple of behavioural questions and then it kind of developed from there. Was asked a lot of probing questions for each of the 3-4 main questions (i.e., how did you feel in this particular situation, what did you do then, go into more detail here, etc.). Then at the end a quick why MBA, why GSB section and lots of time for me to learn more about his experience. All in all almost 1.5h.

Happy to chat if anyone still has an interview coming up!
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 23:16
jole101 wrote:
Had my interview about 12h ago.

Generally a very nice, positive experience. Was at the office of an alum. Got a couple of behavioural questions and then it kind of developed from there. Was asked a lot of probing questions for each of the 3-4 main questions (i.e., how did you feel in this particular situation, what did you do then, go into more detail here, etc.). Then at the end a quick why MBA, why GSB section and lots of time for me to learn more about his experience. All in all almost 1.5h.

Happy to chat if anyone still has an interview coming up!

Glad to hear it went well!! :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 16:17
Had a positive but somewhat strange interview experience. The interviewer was friendly but didn't take any notes whatsoever. Was a bit surprised given I've heard Stanford likes detailed anecdotes from interviews. In the end she said something along the lines of "Stanford is really hard to get into and the interview is only one part of all the things that are considered". Not sure what to make of that.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 19:03
BigTuna wrote:
Had a positive but somewhat strange interview experience. The interviewer was friendly but didn't take any notes whatsoever. Was a bit surprised given I've heard Stanford likes detailed anecdotes from interviews. In the end she said something along the lines of "Stanford is really hard to get into and the interview is only one part of all the things that are considered". Not sure what to make of that.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My interviewer also said sth along the lines of "you can interview great and not get in, you can interview not so great and get in - it's just one additional data point". It somewhat feels like they are instructed to keep expectations of applicants low which makes a lot of sense considering the pressure all of us already put on ourselves.

In 3 weeks and 1 day we will know :)
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 09:49
I agree with the take below -- it really it just one additional data point and they probably are hoping to just set expectations overall (because they literally have no idea what the adcom will decide about you). Best of luck!

jole101 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My interviewer also said sth along the lines of "you can interview great and not get in, you can interview not so great and get in - it's just one additional data point". It somewhat feels like they are instructed to keep expectations of applicants low which makes a lot of sense considering the pressure all of us already put on ourselves.

In 3 weeks and 1 day we will know :)

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 05:13
Waiting for the decision can be exhausting. It has been pretty difficult to concentrate at work. The final decision out in 3weeks. Hoping for an admit.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 23:48
profbiodun wrote:
Waiting for the decision can be exhausting. It has been pretty difficult to concentrate at work. The final decision out in 3weeks. Hoping for an admit.

Agreed - hard to concentrate these days!

Went back into last years thread and saw that some calls came in 2 days before the deadline. Making me even more nervous.

Also still wondering whether there will be any calls this year considering Derrick Bolton's change of role. On the other hand they did ask for telephone numbers for the first two weeks of Dec so it seems likely that they will continue this practice.

Fingers crossed everyone!
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Dec 2016, 11:04
Since we still have over 2 weeks until decisions (and because this thread is so dead), maybe we can share some insights of our R1 applications to those waiting for R2 or R3. What did you do to prepare for WMM? Why did you choose to Stanford over other schools (besides the obvious prestige, etc.)?

I'm also curious to know what others may be doing during the wait.

Originally posted by GSBae on 30 Nov 2016, 09:48.
Last edited by GSBae on 06 Dec 2016, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 3: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 5: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 6: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 7: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 8: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 10:48
Narenn wrote:

Stanford - Admission Trends!

Hi Everyone, Here is our analysis of admission trends and acceptance chances at Stanford based on our accumulated forum data of applicants. We have analysed our forum data of Stanford applicants from 2012 to 2016 to determine acceptance chances by GMAT score, admission rounds, industry, age, country, etc.

The data used for this analysis is self-reported, so it's advised to use findings of this analysis with discretion. They are meant to give only a general idea of admission scenario at Stanford. Don't presume that these findings will hold true all the time.

We would welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions or anything else that you might have to say about the findings of this analysis.

YOY Acceptance Rate and Avg GMAT of Applicants

Sample Size: 2754 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by GMAT Score

• Stanford GSB is arguably the best business school in the world. The intensity of competition at its flagship two year, full time, MBA program can be clearly seen in the following chart.
  • Admission rate of Stanford is lowest compared to that of other top schools that we analysed so far; Even with 760 GMAT, your chance of acceptance is only 9%.
  • Among the 1383 applicants that we considered for this chart, around 90% had GMAT score of 700 or above and 75% had GMAT score of 720 or above. This finding tells us that those with lower than 700 GMAT need to have strong profile and convincing story for applying to Stanford.
  • Narrow gap between lines showing interview invites and acceptance indicate that Stanford is very careful in selecting candidates for interview' This leads us to infer that one can have better chance of acceptance after interview. This may seem obvious but we have seen certain schools who are very generous in inviting candidates for interview, but selective in making final decisions. (See Tuck, Columbia, Fuqua)
  • When we dug deeper into the data, we found that 41% of interviewed candidates got acceptance from Stanford.

Sample Size: 1383 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by Admission Round

Sample Size: 2753 Applicants

• This is another interesting observation. Acceptance rate is roughly the same in all admission rounds.

Acceptance Rates of Applicants in Different Age Groups

Sample Size: 1009 Applicants

Acceptance rates of applicants from various industries

• The first chart - line chart - shows acceptance rates of applicants from various industries and the pie chart next to it shows industry-wise allocation of applicants.

Sample Size: 1199 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Applicants from Various Regions

Sample Size: 942 Applicants

As I said earlier, we welcome your views, counter-views, suggestions, etc on the analysis. Thank you!

Can you separate the Middle East from Africa? MEA is a huge region!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 01:29
Hello TooLong150,

Thanks for the reminding us that Stanford is very competitive. I am however sure that every applicant is very optimistic about his/er submitted application.

All,

With less than a week to the decision day, we should not only get ready to celebrate but also brace up for negative result that can come your way. it doesn't mean you haven't put up your best and its not that your best is not the best. Just know that there will be candidates with a less impressive stat/profile than yours but will get admitted.

In the spirit of motivating myself and other, lets get ready for the best result ( which is to get the Famous "Derrick Call") and expect the worst (which is a ding) or better placed as waitlisted.

Regards
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2016, 01:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  28    Next  [ 542 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: erlandgas