GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: And so it ends...
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 575
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 04:12
I think it may be the latter. I heard something similar as well and I thought my interview went well.

Of course that's only my perspective, I won't know for sure how well it went until decisions come out on the 15th.

I think to keep your blood pressure down and stress in check, it's probably best not to think too much into any of this for at least another week or so.
_________________

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 06:07
dtse86 wrote:
I think it may be the latter. I heard something similar as well and I thought my interview went well.

Of course that's only my perspective, I won't know for sure how well it went until decisions come out on the 15th.

I think to keep your blood pressure down and stress in check, it's probably best not to think too much into any of this for at least another week or so.


If you don't mind me asking who interviewed you?
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: And so it ends...
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 575
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 06:20
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 166
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 08:34
qw1981 wrote:
my interview ended with the interviewer wishing me "best of luck for your MBA aspirations". before that there was also a small conversation about how the admission process is self selective as the school wants the best students but at the same time they should also fit with the school..

What do you guys think does this hint towards a ding or I am just thinking too much about this..


I think that your thinking too much into this -- I heard something similar on one of my interviews and stressed about it for a while until I decided to try and block it. The interview is only one piece of the puzzle as I keep hearing and is not a make or break so they couldn't have decided on you right then and there. I think it is more of a way for them to begin to end the interview--kinda like saying -- " well okay I got what I needed we are pretty much done, this is what happens next blah blah blah..."

Don't worry.
_________________

"Never, Never, Never give in."

From 510 to 770:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/510-to-770-49q-46v-7ir-what-worked-for-me-2-years-176580.html#p1394349

From 2 dings to multiple admits (use Paul Bodine):
http://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admissions-consulting-companies-2015-season-190156.html#p1492255

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 23:10
PeterHAllen wrote:
qw1981 wrote:
my interview ended with the interviewer wishing me "best of luck for your MBA aspirations". before that there was also a small conversation about how the admission process is self selective as the school wants the best students but at the same time they should also fit with the school..

What do you guys think does this hint towards a ding or I am just thinking too much about this..


I think that your thinking too much into this -- I heard something similar on one of my interviews and stressed about it for a while until I decided to try and block it. The interview is only one piece of the puzzle as I keep hearing and is not a make or break so they couldn't have decided on you right then and there. I think it is more of a way for them to begin to end the interview--kinda like saying -- " well okay I got what I needed we are pretty much done, this is what happens next blah blah blah..."

Don't worry.


Thanks. helps a little. Well there are better ways to kill time then worry. let me try and find some. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 23:53
dtse86 wrote:
Sent you a PM.


my interviewer was different from yours. So in all probability this is standard stuff that they say..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2014, 09:50
2
1
Hi everyone,
I just done the interview and want to share those questions for those who are still preparing for. Hope it helps.
1. what made you decide to study in political science for BA?
2. why you chose to work in Bank A as your first job after graduation?
3. your job roles and responsibilities in Bank B (my current job)
4. share your experience if you lead a team
5. what's your contribution if you are the team member?
6. what the mission of Bank B? and how you contribute?
7. what's your short-term goal?
8. what't your plan B?
9. why you decided to pursue a MBA now?
10. please share your experience if you meet people from different cultures.
11. what will you do for fun?
12. Any question you want to ask?

She focused more about my current job and company.. Not that typical as I thought...
Anyway, fingers crossed!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Schools: Tepper '17 (S)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 10:48
Did anyone get any new invitation.

worried now but fingers crossed
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Posts: 73
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 19:00
1
Interviews after invitations are typically scheduled over a week after receiving the invite. If you are not invited by today or maybe the first the first few days of next week, I don't think it would be able to take place before the notification date, so not looking good.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 20:30
Hi!

I am a prospective Indian R2 applicant to the Tepper School of Business..While going through the online application I noticed the following requirement in the "Academic record" section

"5.All international transcripts must be submitted with all transcript components listed in the World Education Service (WES) Required Documents standards. Applicants are NOT required to submit any documents or utilize WES translation services, but rather, use their standards as a guideline to assure all required transcript components are uploaded and submitted with your application. If admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts that verify the unofficial copies submitted at the time of application."

As per the WES Required Documents standards for India the following are required

1) Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended

2) All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.

So does this mean along with the scanned copy of my transcript I also have to upload

a) A scanned copy of the degree

b) Scanned copies of the individual semester marksheets

Just wanted to ask did any fellow Indian applicants faced the same issue in R1..?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Posts: 67
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 04:52
tomc1 wrote:
Hi!

I am a prospective Indian R2 applicant to the Tepper School of Business..While going through the online application I noticed the following requirement in the "Academic record" section

"5.All international transcripts must be submitted with all transcript components listed in the World Education Service (WES) Required Documents standards. Applicants are NOT required to submit any documents or utilize WES translation services, but rather, use their standards as a guideline to assure all required transcript components are uploaded and submitted with your application. If admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts that verify the unofficial copies submitted at the time of application."

As per the WES Required Documents standards for India the following are required

1) Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended

2) All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.

So does this mean along with the scanned copy of my transcript I also have to upload

a) A scanned copy of the degree

b) Scanned copies of the individual semester marksheets

Just wanted to ask did any fellow Indian applicants faced the same issue in R1..?

Thanks


Hey, tomc1 - I uploaded a PDF that consisted of:
(1) My consolidated marks memo (which consisted of my scores from all 4 years of college)
(2) The back of the marks memo (the grading system was printed here - you need to upload an official document that mentions how students are graded)
(3) Degree Certificate

I did not have any issues, so I think this is all they need. Hope this helps!
_________________

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.38
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 05:50
1
One week...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Good is the enemy of great
Joined: 03 May 2014
Posts: 36
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 06:03
1
APY89 wrote:
One week...


tick tock
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2014
Posts: 50
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 10:13
CMU is making me even more nervous with their constant "diversity" emails...even though I know results don't come out till Monday I still check my email every 5 minutes.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2014
Posts: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 13:41
Are all the invites for interview done ?? Or are they still sending out invites.....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Patience pays off!
Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 255
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 20:07
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Are all the invites for interview done ?? Or are they still sending out invites.....


I'm pretty sure they are since the decision date's on Monday. But who am I to know! It's better to ask the AdCom itself.

All the best!
_________________

My Application Experience

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 41
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.8
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 09:47
Best of luck to everyone! Only 4 days left until we find out!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 88
Location: Brazil
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 15:10
everybody ready to celebrate? =P
VP
VP
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1425
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 22:58
1
yup i am ... today is my cousins's friend's child's friend's brother's cousin's birthday :D
Lets party!!!
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 166
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 09:45
tiagofsa10 wrote:
everybody ready to celebrate? =P


Could we expect some calls to go out today or are all going out Monday? Anyone have some insight or want to throw a guess out there as fact? haha
_________________

"Never, Never, Never give in."

From 510 to 770:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/510-to-770-49q-46v-7ir-what-worked-for-me-2-years-176580.html#p1394349

From 2 dings to multiple admits (use Paul Bodine):
http://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admissions-consulting-companies-2015-season-190156.html#p1492255

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 12 Dec 2014, 09:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  40    Next  [ 788 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.