It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 05:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 03:44
gmtl wrote:
What do you mean?
An interview (maybe except of Kellogg) is about knowing/talking to who they believe is right for the program. call it "knowing" the candidate or call it reassure they made the right choice when they selected someone based on his application. Of what I saw in previous years, especially in R1, the acceptance rate for interviewed candidates is pretty high.

Yes, that's what he said. In case of UCLA, unless one absolutely flunk the interview, there is a high probability of getting selected once called for interview.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 03:46
asker4ik13 wrote:
Guys hi! I made a mistake. Yesterday I have found on their website that I had to submit my russian transcript with translation. And I only submitted official translation without official russian copy. What do you think I have to do now? Write them? Or wait until they write me?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I'd call them, explain what happened, and ask them how they would like you to handle it. It's probably better than waiting for them to get in touch with you.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 03:47
AvalonQQ wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:
Guys hi! I made a mistake. Yesterday I have found on their website that I had to submit my russian transcript with translation. And I only submitted official translation without official russian copy. What do you think I have to do now? Write them? Or wait until they write me?

I'd call them, explain what happened, and ask them how they would like you to handle it. It's probably better than waiting for them to get in touch with you.

Thank you. A very good idea!) i was not sure if it is fine to call them.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 03:50
asker4ik13 wrote:
AvalonQQ wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:

Thank you. A very good idea!) i was not sure if it is fine to call them.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Be polite (and maybe even a little apologetic) when you speak to them. They're there to help with issues like this, as long as you speak properly to them it should be absolutely fine.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 04:05
Hello,

I have a doubt regarding the transcripts. Will copies of original transcripts and degree attested by the university suffice?

In the mail, the adcom has asked for - Original, hard-copy academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school (not by a notary)

This has confused me. What is everybody sending?

Thank you for your help!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Schools: Stanford '20 (D)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 04:07
Satya090 wrote:
gmtl wrote:
What do you mean?
An interview (maybe except of Kellogg) is about knowing/talking to who they believe is right for the program. call it "knowing" the candidate or call it reassure they made the right choice when they selected someone based on his application. Of what I saw in previous years, especially in R1, the acceptance rate for interviewed candidates is pretty high.

Yes, that's what he said. In case of UCLA, unless one absolutely flunk the interview, there is a high probability of getting selected once called for interview.

Yeah, I see it now. Though i'm not sure getting denied is only about flunking the interview, it could be about more impressive candidates from same location/industry and so on. Anyway there's still enough time, and a friend of mine who got an invite told me the schedule for Skype interviews is open till mid-end November. Even comparing the decision tracker statistics from previous years makes me believe there are still more invites to come than already sent (unless people simply don't report their status).

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 04:10
gmtl wrote:
Yeah, I see it now. Though i'm not sure getting denied is only about flunking the interview, it could be about more impressive candidates from same location/industry and so on. Anyway there's still enough time, and a friend of mine who got an invite told me the schedule for Skype interviews is open till mid-end November. Even comparing the decision tracker statistics from previous years makes me believe there are still more invites to come than already sent (unless people simply don't report their status).

Yeah, I am keeping the hope alive. I feel last week was one of the first waves for Indians and there are some more to come. Whats your score and location?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 04:26
Satya090 wrote:
gmtl wrote:

Yeah, I am keeping the hope alive. I feel last week was one of the first waves for Indians and there are some more to come. Whats your score and location?

Not being paranoid, I'm located in a country that sends very few MBA candidates so in order to keep my privacy, at least for now, when I'm waiting for schools to examine my applications, I prefer not to expose it. I know for sure adcom members use the forum (mostly for marketing purposes) so...
My scores are 730 GMT 114 TOEFL, undergrad equal to ~3.2.
The Indian candidates are insanely competitive. That's a whole different game for you, probably the toughest among all other candidates and I respect you a lot for that!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 43

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 04:31
750 GMAT here..119 TOEFL..Still waiting for an invite.. Insane competition in the Indian pool :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 43

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 04:52
gmtl wrote:
Satya090 wrote:
gmtl wrote:

Not being paranoid, I'm located in a country that sends very few MBA candidates so in order to keep my privacy, at least for now, when I'm waiting for schools to examine my applications, I prefer not to expose it. I know for sure adcom members use the forum (mostly for marketing purposes) so...
My scores are 730 GMT 114 TOEFL, undergrad equal to ~3.2.
The Indian candidates are insanely competitive. That's a whole different game for you, probably the toughest among all other candidates and I respect you a lot for that!

All the best man!
Indian pool is really competitive. An admission consultant had advised me to retake GMAT even after a 740(Although I did not :-D ).

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 05:16
Satya090 wrote:

All the best man!
Indian pool is really competitive. An admission consultant had advised me to retake GMAT even after a 740(Although I did not :-D ).
[/quote][/quote]

See, that's what I'm talking about! With your stats I would have applied to H/W/S (as a very competitive candidate).
Best of luck to you as well! See you hopefully in Kellogg or Anderson ;)

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 05:23
gmtl wrote:
See, that's what I'm talking about! With your stats I would have applied to H/W/S (as a very competitive candidate).
Best of luck to you as well! See you hopefully in Kellogg or Anderson ;)

Thanks, man! At this time of hyper-anxiety levels, I am taking all the luck available. :-D :-D

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 08:57
Satya090 wrote:
tada91 wrote:
Received interview invite a few moments ago. US applicant here.

Do let us know your score, experience and location. Thanks!

Sure! GMAT added to my profile.

I'm in niche consulting and am based out of the US. Will have 4 years work experience upon matriculation.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GRE 1: 330 Q168 V162

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 09:15
another indian here waiting for call :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 309

GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 09:59
In the meantime, if you haven't seen it already, check out the new and beautiful Marion Anderson Hall they are going to start building soon! It is going be built on the east of the current buildings and will be connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8a1kJbnMc
https://www.pcf-p.com/projects/marion-anderson-building-ucla-anderson-school-of-management

I am still a few years away from applying to business school so good luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 309

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Schools: Duke '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:19
I'm here looking at thread and I see 750/740 on the GMAT with exceptional TOEFL scores and I'm like guys 710 here and 117 on the TOEFL, do i even stand a chance?. I wish schools had a deadline for interview decision release as the wait is getting tougher to go through.

Regards,
HK

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 17652 [0], given: 1986

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:21

Kudos [?]: 17652 [0], given: 1986

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Schools: Duke '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:25
souvik101990 wrote:
117 is a great toefl score but I think toefl doesn’t add a lot of oomph as much as the GMAT and other leadership aspects of your app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Souvik,

True that. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
HK

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 01:22
Hatakekakashi wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
117 is a great toefl score but I think toefl doesn’t add a lot of oomph as much as the GMAT and other leadership aspects of your app.

Hey Souvik,

Regards,
HK

No invites to anyone on Tuesday and Monday? Weeks are just going by..! :roll:

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Consulting (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 01:28
Satya090 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Hey Souvik,

Regards,
HK

No invites to anyone on Tuesday and Monday? Weeks are just going by..! :roll:

Admitted to Duke so going to withdraw :)

Last edited by madmax2017 on 25 Oct 2017, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2017, 01:28

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 268 posts ] 

Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: mihir0710

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap