Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.52
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all university of Connecticut Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]
Can anyone tell me whether we need to supply the official transcripts to the address mentioned in the application before we get the admission decision?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Akashkalra wrote:
Can anyone tell me whether we need to supply the official transcripts to the address mentioned in the application before we get the admission decision?

Yeah you are supposed to FedEx or DHL the official sealed transcripts to the Storrs address before the admission decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mbausa2016 wrote:
Hey guys i recently received an admit from uconn. But i haven't received any details about scholarship. anybody who has received scholarship can please shed some light on approx. how much time did to it took to receive a scholarship letter. I have also received an admit from case western university- 30% scholarship, Zicklin school of business- 35% scholarship, Rutgers university and a wait-list from George Washington university can somebody please provide an opinion on which program is the best one. I am inclined towards uconn. thanks

Firstly, congratulations on your admit to the University of Connecticut. When you received your scholarship decision will be largely irrelevant to when you were admitted. UCONN has been taking its time with some people taking well over a month in some cases. In my particular case, I was admitted in November and told in December that while I would be receiving scholarship the Adcom was not ready to make a definitive choice regarding scholarship amount--apparently they needed to see who was coming in for round 2 to compare me to a broader applicant pool. Unfortunately, that has come and gone and some have even received admits at this point, and yet I still haven't received a scholarship award.

Since my initial conversation with Adcom about scholarships in December I decided to apply to Willamette University on February 1st. I was interviewed February 19th, admitted February 23rd, and received an 80% (30k/yr) on March 1st. It took all of 29 days from start to finish to know exactly where I stand with Willamette University. For me, it's been a frustrating experience because UCONN has been, and remains, my first choice.

All of that to say... give it time and don't expect a relatively fast response.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Folks!

I've got interviewed for Fall 2016 Intake on March 10th. Can anyone help me understand rough timelines post interview to receive admit decision?
Director
Director
Send PM
In the current US rankings, the school has slipped down badly. It's at #68! I'm not sure how to perceive of the rankings.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
In the current US rankings, the school has slipped down badly. It's at #68! I'm not sure how to perceive of the rankings.

Hey dude, when did you receive your interview invite??
Has anyone else received??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've received admit decision on 29th March, 3 weeks from the interview date. Admissions office is apparently still considering the eligible candidates for merit based scholarships and respective candidates would receive a separate communication if they are selected to receive the SA.

I accepted the offer and looking forward to meet you guys! Is there any Facebook or https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admits inclined towards UCONN MBA?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4585 [0]
Given Kudos: 606
Concentration: Technology, Other
Send PM
abhinavacharya14 wrote:
I've received admit decision on 29th March, 3 weeks from the interview date. Admissions office is apparently still considering the eligible candidates for merit based scholarships and respective candidates would receive a separate communication if they are selected to receive the SA.

I accepted the offer and looking forward to meet you guys! Is there any Facebook or https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admits inclined towards UCONN MBA?

Congratulations. Send me ur contact detail and I will add to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SnakeEyes wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Hi SnakeEyes!

You disabled the option to receive messages. I'm unable to reply to your query! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhinavacharya14 wrote:
SnakeEyes wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Hi SnakeEyes!

You disabled the option to receive messages. I'm unable to reply to your query! :)

Hey Abhinav,

Apologies for the snafu! Its fixed!! :)
Director
Director
Send PM
Why is it the case that we aren't receiving the schol letter at the same time. It is so difficult to take a decision without that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
Why is it the case that we aren't receiving the schol letter at the same time. It is so difficult to take a decision without that.

Hey Steinbeck,

Can you share your application timelines..
Interview Invite, Interview Date, Admission Offer

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 366
Send PM
I have been admitted to Full Time MBA program. Received the email couple of hours back. Was interviewed on March 1st.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello folks, I received an interview invite on April 6 and completed it on April 8. Hopeful of getting an admit as interviewer told me that he'd recommend me for the admission and I'll receive a notification within 2 weeks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sumitsingla87 wrote:
Hello folks, I received an interview invite on April 6 and completed it on April 8. Hopeful of getting an admit as interviewer told me that he'd recommend me for the admission and I'll receive a notification within 2 weeks.

Hey Sumit,
How was your interview?? What all questions were asked?? Who was your interviewer??

Cheers!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
SnakeEyes wrote:

Hey Sumit,
How was your interview?? What all questions were asked?? Who was your interviewer??

Cheers!!

Bob interviewed me. Other than few general interview questions, he was very interested to know in detail about one of my leadership experience that I mentioned in the essay. There were no behavioral questions.

Do you've your interview scheduled sometime soon?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Was interviewed yesterday.. Received an Admit decision today! That was quick! I believe we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students.. Who's the admin.. I'd love to connect with you all! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts