GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 12:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 19:05
waitlisted!!!!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 17:02
Are there still people waiting to hear back from Marshall? It's my top choice and it's coming down to the wire (but I see lots of other acceptances)...anyone else in the same boat??
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 18:41
Did any admits outside the US receive anything in the mail? I was accepted early in Round 1, and still haven't received any physical documents or packages from Marshall, which I find a bit odd..
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 19:28
sealberg wrote:
Did any admits outside the US receive anything in the mail? I was accepted early in Round 1, and still haven't received any physical documents or packages from Marshall, which I find a bit odd..

I am in US, admitted in Round 1 too and have not received anything yet.. Not sure if anyone else in US has received any package.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 06:03
fye247 wrote:
Are there still people waiting to hear back from Marshall? It's my top choice and it's coming down to the wire (but I see lots of other acceptances)...anyone else in the same boat??

I interviewed March 13th and still haven't heard back even though they said they are moving fast at this point.
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 18:23
Hey, I didn't get an interview so far and I applied in round 2. Does this mean that I will most likely be rejected? (Not even a waitlist right?)
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.53

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:18
et08ti wrote:
Hey, I didn't get an interview so far and I applied in round 2. Does this mean that I will most likely be rejected? (Not even a waitlist right?)

Obviously no one here can know that for sure, but it's a pretty safe bet that if at this point you haven't interviewed, you won't be admitted. I don't think any top 50 school would admit or waitlist someone without an interview.
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:23
waitingfornextyear wrote:
et08ti wrote:

Obviously no one here can know that for sure, but it's a pretty safe bet that if at this point you haven't interviewed, you won't be admitted. I don't think any top 50 school would admit or waitlist someone without an interview.

Sounds good. Thanks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:26
et08ti wrote:

So, this hasn't happened to me directly, but I know someone who got waitlisted at Georgetown without an interview. No one can really predict how the school will go about doing things. I'm not saying you should be super hopeful, but its not impossible either. I'm in the same position with Anderson.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:28
amandapace wrote:
et08ti wrote:

So, this hasn't happened to me directly, but I know someone who got waitlisted at Georgetown without an interview. No one can really predict how the school will go about doing things. I'm not saying you should be super hopeful, but its not impossible either. I'm in the same position with Anderson.

Anderson waitlisted you w/o an interview?!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.15

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:39
amandapace wrote:
fye247 wrote:

I interviewed March 13th and still haven't heard back even though they said they are moving fast at this point.

Well nevermind guys, I just received the acceptance call from Marshall admissions. Excited!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:40
fye247 wrote:
amandapace wrote:
fye247 wrote:

Well nevermind guys, I just received the acceptance call from Marshall admissions. Excited!

Congrats!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 11:11
amandapace wrote:
et08ti wrote:

No, I meant I haven't heard anything from Anderson so I'm not super hopeful. Who knows what they'll end up doing.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 11:56
fye247 wrote:
amandapace wrote:
fye247 wrote:

Congrats!!!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Marshall '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 19:09
Hi all. I'm applied to the R4 today. I have a 650 GMAT, 3.7 undergrad GPA in finance, with 3 years of corporate finance experience with a trajectory of growth. I did really well on both my essay's as well. How would you assess my chances?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.53
Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 07:00
RohamP wrote:
Hi all. I'm applied to the R4 today. I have a 650 GMAT, 3.7 undergrad GPA in finance, with 3 years of corporate finance experience with a trajectory of growth. I did really well on both my essay's as well. How would you assess my chances?

Anything can happen, but a few things pop out to me here. R4 is going to be tough in any circumstance. Most of the class has been determined by this point and they're probably using the late round applicants to round out the overall class profile in whatever area they feel they're short. Maybe you get lucky and fit whatever they're looking for. But, your GMAT is quite a bit below the average for last year's class (703), as is your work experience (last year's average was 60 months), so my gut is that you're a longshot at this point.

My thinking - take time to up your work experience, improve your GMAT (or even GRE), and come back in R1 to increase your chances. Plus, at this point, R1 is not too far away!

Good luck!
USC Marshall Thread Master
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 08:48
RohamP wrote:

Hey there. As someone who got accepted with wayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse stats than you, I think there's hope. If you're interested, PM me your number and I'll tell you about my experience.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 22:24
Hi,

I applied for Round 3 on Mar 1 and got interview invitation yesterday. Is there anyone who has interviewed with Laura?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 07:27
combat2016 wrote:
Hi,

I applied for Round 3 on Mar 1 and got interview invitation yesterday. Is there anyone who has interviewed with Laura?

I did, she came up to San Francisco during the MBA tour in February. I was accepted into the program a couple of weeks later so I guess I made a good impression :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 08:23
Even I applied in Round 3, but haven't yet received an interview call. Does that mean game over for me? Or do they roll out calls over a period?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Apr 2018, 08:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  25    Next  [ 492 posts ] 

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Johnny250

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap