GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 09:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
My Darden Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 08:51
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 05:47
My Darden Interview Experience Review for an Video conference interview. Rating:***
Intern
Concentration: Technology, International Business
Schools: Anderson '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 05:51
Current Student
B
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 00:20
I believe it's quite late to expect any invite now, however, was just wondering how many Indians got an interview invite, I can only see one or two through decision tracker and comments.

I was quite hopeful, and eagerly waiting for an invite from Darden, but......
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:05
CrackuM7 wrote:
I believe it's quite late to expect any invite now, however, was just wondering how many Indians got an interview invite, I can only see one or two through decision tracker and comments.

Talked to admissions yesterday. I was told they still had some invites to send out, and that they would continue to send em out until the 21st.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:21
perfervid89 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:

Talked to admissions yesterday. I was told they still had some invites to send out, and that they would continue to send em out until the 21st.

However that is highly unlikely as the decision deadline itself is 21st, but who am I know anything...
Kindly share how many fellow Indians received invites??
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:24
CrackuM7 wrote:
perfervid89 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:

However that is highly unlikely as the decision deadline itself is 21st, but who am I know anything...

Hey Man, i hear you - I haven't hear back from them either. I don't think many of us are going to get admits as I see plenty Indians on the waitlist, possible with similar profiles. good luck!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:32
CrackuM7 wrote:
perfervid89 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:

See Decision Tracker; There's one interview invite to an Indian applicant.. https://screencast.com/t/ptg6lFGc3eg
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:38
Yup back in February, but none other, and it's highly unlikely that there would have been only one invite from India.
However, as Vineet mentioned, the Adcom did shared over the call that they will send out the invites till deadline and Interviews can happen even after that. But should we keep our hopes attached to same ???
Manager
Manager
Career Advisor Spotlight: Jim Collins  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 13:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Career Advisor Spotlight: Jim Collins
By Sydney Sfreddo

The University of Virginia Darden School of Business consistently ranks as one of the best http://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admiss ... adshot.jpg
in career services among MBA programs internationally. To provide you with an idea of the depth and variety of experiences that the career advisors at Darden’s Career Development Center (CDC) bring, we will be introducing a few of them to you highlighting their professional backgrounds, advice for incoming students and a few fun facts about them . Our first spotlight is Jim Collins, Associate Director of Career Education and Advising for the executive format students. Read more about Darden’s Career Development Center in the news here.

How long have you been a career advisor at Darden?

I have been a career advisor at Darden for two years now. However, I have been working in career advising for eight years.

What did you do prior to coming to Darden?

I have a very broad background in organizational, executive, management, and professional development.  During the course of my career, I’ve worked with 3 consulting firms, and served as a senior executive with trade associations in the technology, manufacturing, distribution, and electric utility industries.  Prior to Darden, I had worked with over 2,000 professionals ranging from new graduates to C-suite level executives at a global consulting firm, helping them with their career transitions and job searches.

What is your favorite part about serving as a career advisor?

What excites me is working with individuals in either one-on-one or a group settings to enable them to establish clarity and direction for their careers and career transitions.  I also enjoy producing programs that allow students to explore their career paths and potential industries, and then help them develop the search strategies and networks that allow them to reinvent their careers.

What career advice would you give to an incoming executive format student looking to make a career change?

There really is no one piece of advice. Approximately 120 students enter the Executive MBA program here at Darden every year, and each has their own, very unique career quest.  However, those considering a significant transformation in their career direction will be going through a multi-phased process that takes time. We want to begin working with these students early on at the CDC to help define their career goals and the plans they will need to reach them.

What are a couple of hobbies you like to do in your spare time outside of the office?

I like hiking, playing racquetball and gardening.

What is your favorite thing about living in Charlottesville?

What is there not to like about Charlottesville? I’ve lived in major cities all my life. Charlottesville has an affordable cost of living, no traffic congestion and the countryside is absolutely beautiful. It’s a very stimulating community with a strong arts presence, a lot of cultural and athletic events, a large volume of history and great restaurants. It’s also no more than a couple of hours from the beach or Washington, D.C.

What do you think makes Darden’s Career Development Center unique?

On the executive format career services side, we establish very personal relationships with each and every student, and work closely with them to develop customized programs that enable them to articulate and achieve whatever their career objectives are.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/virginia ... G1vGsfYXCk
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2017, 02:35
Less than a week to Darden's decision.... Fingers are crossed!!!

Sent from my SM-N920C using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
You’re Invited: Darden at Forté’s Virtual Forum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 09:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: You’re Invited: Darden at Forté’s Virtual Forum
Forté Foundation’s Virtual Forum

Thursday, 6 April 2017

12:00 pm – 3:00 pm

Register Here

Join Darden and other top business schools at the Forté Foundation’s virtual forum for prospective MBA women. This online, chat-based forum is a great way to explore your business school options and get your questions answered without leaving home. Registration for this event is free.

Stop by Darden’s room any time from 12:00 – 3:00 pm to chat with members of the Admissions Committee. Whether you are planning to apply to an MBA program in the next year or are just starting your research, we would love to share more with you about the Darden experience.

We hope to see you there!

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/virginia ... 8hiZchLUu0
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Darden '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 19:01
Just 4 days before decision release, how is everyone holding up?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 21:27
iVoRy wrote:

I am eagerly waiting. Good luck with getting off WL, iVoRy!
Current Student
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 21:51
yodboy wrote:
iVoRy wrote:

Thanks yodboy! Hope you got in as well.
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:00
iVoRy wrote:
yodboy wrote:
iVoRy wrote:

Thanks yodboy! Hope you got in as well.

Good luck to you both and all other applicants!
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:08
Just checked last year's thread. A handful of admits were reported on March 22nd, a day before the decision deadline, and majority of calls came out on the next day. i.e. on decision day. Wondering what will happen this year.
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:27
Narenn wrote:
Just checked last year's thread. A handful of admits were reported on March 22nd, a day before the decision deadline, and majority of calls came out on the next day. i.e. on decision day. Wondering what will happen this year.

They also called some people a day before the decision deadline on R1. May be they will start calling people a day this Monday.
I'm keeping my finger crossed.
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:46
iVoRy wrote:
Narenn wrote:

They also called some people a day before the decision deadline on R1. May be they will start calling people a day this Monday.
I'm keeping my finger crossed.

Yup.. let's see what happens. fingerscrossed!
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2017, 22:52
Best of luck everyone...
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2017, 22:52

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24    Next  [ 469 posts ] 

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: rohan2345, Amaranth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap