It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Waitlisted Yale SOM (Class of 2019) Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Insurance)
Re: Calling All Waitlisted Yale SOM (Class of 2019) Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 12:33
admitkid07 wrote:
This thread is very quiet, but updating to say I was accepted from the WL yesterday (there is hope). I saw two other people on ClearAdmit with a similar status. For anyone reading this now/in the future, I know how exhausting the waiting process can be.

Steps I took: Accepted into a joint-degree at Yale and let AdCom know. Spoke to a professor from the program and mentioned that in my update (which was about 6 sentences total). DID NOT retake the GMAT/GRE, write an additional essay, etc. I sent three emails to AdCom in total. Some of the advice I've seen seems ridiculously extensive and downright bothersome to the admissions team. Good luck to everyone wherever you find yourself. So thrilled and privileged to be attending SOM.

That's awesome. Congrats.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 37

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 05:25
admitkid07 wrote:
aerien wrote:
If you don't have much to say, I wouldn't bother adcom. People get accepted off wait lists without doing anything at all, only waiting (really).

If you want to do something to show your interest then If you're near campus, do a tour. Go to an event near you if there is one of you want (hey, there's usually free food at least and maybe you can ask some questions about the wait list). Not mandatory by any means. Just some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yeah sounds reasonable. I actually live in New Haven and interviewed at SOM. I guess there's not much I can do for now!

Me too!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2017, 12:20
Hi All, Received an email this afternoon from Yale asking if I would like to remain on the waitlist -- unlike the first time around, where there was a check-box inside the portal, it appears that this time we reply directly to the Adcom member. Anybody else get this? Thoughts on whether this went to all waitlisted students or is a good sign of coming off the waitlist?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2017, 14:06
nathank wrote:
Hi All, Received an email this afternoon from Yale asking if I would like to remain on the waitlist -- unlike the first time around, where there was a check-box inside the portal, it appears that this time we reply directly to the Adcom member. Anybody else get this? Thoughts on whether this went to all waitlisted students or is a good sign of coming off the waitlist?

I got it as well. My guess is they sent this to everyone on the waitlist, but I could be wrong. They probably just started to review waitlisted apps now that round 3 apps are in, and I assume we'll start seeing movement in a week or two (for better or for worse).

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2017, 05:11
mgo113 wrote:
nathank wrote:

I got it as well. My guess is they sent this to everyone on the waitlist, but I could be wrong. They probably just started to review waitlisted apps now that round 3 apps are in, and I assume we'll start seeing movement in a week or two (for better or for worse).

Was sent out to everyone on waitlist.

Do you guys mind sharing if anyone has written back to Adcom with additional letter/essay after being waitlisted...Also any suggestions on what to be included in same...

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2017, 06:59
I sent in a couple paragraphs shortly after getting waitlisted giving more detail on why SOM and how it relates to my career goals. Other than that haven't sent in anything.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 08:20
Has any waitlisted candidate heard back??

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale '19 (II)
GMAT 1: 760 Q55 V60
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 14:29
R3 Applicant who just got waitlisted. ahhhh... purgatory!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
B

Kudos [?]: 574 [1], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 17:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Keep on waiting if you feel SOM is right for you. It's a tough long wait but it can be worth it. Competition is high this year (and every year it seems) but I've heard this year the is pretty tight. If you've made it this far, you really are super super close.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 23:01
And its game over.... Rejected after being on waitlist for 2 months. Was really hoping to be a part of SOM community, had been sending regular updates, but I believe there is no spot for me....Thanks everyone for the help..

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 05:36
I was waitlisted R2 and received notice yesterday that I'm still on waitlist for R3. I live in New Haven, so it'd be easy to attend even with minimal notice. fingers crossed!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 06:31
Rejection for me as well

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 18:13
Does anyone have an idea of how many applicants they keep in the wait list at this late a stage? I thought I saw that the deposit deadline was on 5/30 (could be mistaken - the admissions site has already been updated to reflect next year's crop of deadlines) so I assume an final WL admits will come in the next few weeks if at all.

Not holding my breath - planning on reapplying next year R1 (was a late R3 application), just curious.

Posted from my mobile device

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
B

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 18:20
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mbaseeker180000 wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of how many applicants they keep in the wait list at this late a stage? I thought I saw that the deposit deadline was on 5/30 (could be mistaken - the admissions site has already been updated to reflect next year's crop of deadlines) so I assume an final WL admits will come in the next few weeks if at all.

Not holding my breath - planning on reapplying next year R1 (was a late R3 application), just curious.

I don't think any of us know exact numbers, but I've heard that this year's wait list is smaller than in prior years' lists. If you have the option to stay on it and wait it out, it might work out for you -- and if you are let go from it, know that you were very very close. I'd assume you'd have a pretty good chance next year then based on 1) your continued interest in the school, provided you put in a strong app and 2) your increased/improved (?) work experience based on the natural progression of your career over the past year+ of time

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 32

Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Calling All Waitlisted Yale SOM (Class of 2019) Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2017, 12:17
This post received
KUDOS
mbaseeker180000 wrote:

Same exact boat here. Round 3 applicant waitlisted and with the same questions. aerien -- thanks for that insight. I am really hoping to be accepted from the WL, but if I am not, I am hoping to convert my R3 WL to a R1 Acceptance. :-)

Good luck to all those who, like me, are in limbo!

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 32

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 37

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2017, 11:25
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call today, I'm in! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 13:49
Congratulations, nathank!

Question for anyone (aerien?): I know that WL applicants can be accepted from the WL as late as early August, but at what point in the summer do the chances of getting an acceptance call radically drop? Note that this is my only biz school prospect (for 2017 intake) as I applied to only three schools, all somewhat on a whim in R3 (I intended orginally to wait until the 2018 intake), and I was rejected after interviews from the other two. So my situation is somewhat different than many others on the WL in that I am unsure whether I will continue to work next year or attend business school. I'd imagine most other WL applicants have made deposits at other schools and are, therefore, uncertain about where they will attend, but not about whether they will attend business school in the fall.

My boss, who wrote my LOR, has been understandably very persistent in asking when I will know for sure whether I am returning in the fall to work (I'm a teacher, so I'm currently on break). I explained to her -- I think correctly -- that my chances are pretty slim, and that I'll likely continue at my school for one more year. So, again, at what point should I essentially give up on any prospects of being admitted in this cycle? Also, historically, does SOM release/reject candidates from the WL on a rolling basis in the summer that anyone knows of?

Thanks for any insight.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 20:51
This post received
KUDOS
edgeook8 wrote:
Congratulations, nathank!

Question for anyone (aerien?): I know that WL applicants can be accepted from the WL as late as early August, but at what point in the summer do the chances of getting an acceptance call radically drop? Note that this is my only biz school prospect (for 2017 intake) as I applied to only three schools, all somewhat on a whim in R3 (I intended orginally to wait until the 2018 intake), and I was rejected after interviews from the other two. So my situation is somewhat different than many others on the WL in that I am unsure whether I will continue to work next year or attend business school. I'd imagine most other WL applicants have made deposits at other schools and are, therefore, uncertain about where they will attend, but not about whether they will attend business school in the fall.

My boss, who wrote my LOR, has been understandably very persistent in asking when I will know for sure whether I am returning in the fall to work (I'm a teacher, so I'm currently on break). I explained to her -- I think correctly -- that my chances are pretty slim, and that I'll likely continue at my school for one more year. So, again, at what point should I essentially give up on any prospects of being admitted in this cycle? Also, historically, does SOM release/reject candidates from the WL on a rolling basis in the summer that anyone knows of?

Thanks for any insight.

For what it's worth, I was called and told that the admissions team was reviewing the waitlist, and wanted to know if I would accept admission if offered. I asked for a day to get back to the team, and called and left a voicemail for the adcom the next day. A few hours later, the adcom returned my call and offered me admission.

Did you get a call like that? If all waitlisted applicants did, then I wouldn't put too much stock into it, but if not, perhaps it's a sign that you're close to admission.

To be honest, I had already lost hope, it was a very pleasant surprise!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 15:20
Thanks, nathank. No such call for me. Given that you got the offer the next day, though, it doesn't seem as though that was a mass call that only applicants who were still under serious consideration received. I'd guess that WL'ers would only get a call of that type as space becomes available (i.e. when people renege on their admissions offers for whatever reason).

Really wanted to make it happen this cycle, but not very optimistic. This was perfect timing for me in terms of life circumstances. I am really regretting not applying in an earlier round! Such is life, though. Everything happens for a reason, as they say.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 10:54
This post received
KUDOS
congrats nathank! I haven't received any calls, and I haven't received any email updates or updates in the portal either. I do know from the clearadmit livewire that it appears a slew of WL'ers got let go last week, so sounds like they are definitely cutting the list. Still not holding my breath but good to know that I'm still in it!

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling All Waitlisted Yale SOM (Class of 2019) Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Jun 2017, 10:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 49 posts ] 

Calling All Waitlisted Yale SOM (Class of 2019) Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap