Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Waitlisted Yale SOM (Class of 2019) Applicants [#permalink]
nathank wrote:
Hi All, Received an email this afternoon from Yale asking if I would like to remain on the waitlist -- unlike the first time around, where there was a check-box inside the portal, it appears that this time we reply directly to the Adcom member. Anybody else get this? Thoughts on whether this went to all waitlisted students or is a good sign of coming off the waitlist?

I got it as well. My guess is they sent this to everyone on the waitlist, but I could be wrong. They probably just started to review waitlisted apps now that round 3 apps are in, and I assume we'll start seeing movement in a week or two (for better or for worse).
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
mgo113 wrote:
nathank wrote:
Hi All, Received an email this afternoon from Yale asking if I would like to remain on the waitlist -- unlike the first time around, where there was a check-box inside the portal, it appears that this time we reply directly to the Adcom member. Anybody else get this? Thoughts on whether this went to all waitlisted students or is a good sign of coming off the waitlist?

I got it as well. My guess is they sent this to everyone on the waitlist, but I could be wrong. They probably just started to review waitlisted apps now that round 3 apps are in, and I assume we'll start seeing movement in a week or two (for better or for worse).

Was sent out to everyone on waitlist.

Do you guys mind sharing if anyone has written back to Adcom with additional letter/essay after being waitlisted...Also any suggestions on what to be included in same...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I sent in a couple paragraphs shortly after getting waitlisted giving more detail on why SOM and how it relates to my career goals. Other than that haven't sent in anything.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has any waitlisted candidate heard back??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Yale '19 (II)
GMAT 1: 760 Q55 V60
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
R3 Applicant who just got waitlisted. ahhhh... purgatory!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Keep on waiting if you feel SOM is right for you. It's a tough long wait but it can be worth it. Competition is high this year (and every year it seems) but I've heard this year the is pretty tight. If you've made it this far, you really are super super close.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And its game over.... Rejected after being on waitlist for 2 months. Was really hoping to be a part of SOM community, had been sending regular updates, but I believe there is no spot for me....Thanks everyone for the help..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was waitlisted R2 and received notice yesterday that I'm still on waitlist for R3. I live in New Haven, so it'd be easy to attend even with minimal notice. fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rejection for me as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone have an idea of how many applicants they keep in the wait list at this late a stage? I thought I saw that the deposit deadline was on 5/30 (could be mistaken - the admissions site has already been updated to reflect next year's crop of deadlines) so I assume an final WL admits will come in the next few weeks if at all.

Not holding my breath - planning on reapplying next year R1 (was a late R3 application), just curious.

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
mbaseeker180000 wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of how many applicants they keep in the wait list at this late a stage? I thought I saw that the deposit deadline was on 5/30 (could be mistaken - the admissions site has already been updated to reflect next year's crop of deadlines) so I assume an final WL admits will come in the next few weeks if at all.

Not holding my breath - planning on reapplying next year R1 (was a late R3 application), just curious.

I don't think any of us know exact numbers, but I've heard that this year's wait list is smaller than in prior years' lists. If you have the option to stay on it and wait it out, it might work out for you -- and if you are let go from it, know that you were very very close. I'd assume you'd have a pretty good chance next year then based on 1) your continued interest in the school, provided you put in a strong app and 2) your increased/improved (?) work experience based on the natural progression of your career over the past year+ of time

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
mbaseeker180000 wrote:

Same exact boat here. Round 3 applicant waitlisted and with the same questions. aerien -- thanks for that insight. I am really hoping to be accepted from the WL, but if I am not, I am hoping to convert my R3 WL to a R1 Acceptance. :-)

Good luck to all those who, like me, are in limbo!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call today, I'm in! Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations, nathank!

Question for anyone (aerien?): I know that WL applicants can be accepted from the WL as late as early August, but at what point in the summer do the chances of getting an acceptance call radically drop? Note that this is my only biz school prospect (for 2017 intake) as I applied to only three schools, all somewhat on a whim in R3 (I intended orginally to wait until the 2018 intake), and I was rejected after interviews from the other two. So my situation is somewhat different than many others on the WL in that I am unsure whether I will continue to work next year or attend business school. I'd imagine most other WL applicants have made deposits at other schools and are, therefore, uncertain about where they will attend, but not about whether they will attend business school in the fall.

My boss, who wrote my LOR, has been understandably very persistent in asking when I will know for sure whether I am returning in the fall to work (I'm a teacher, so I'm currently on break). I explained to her -- I think correctly -- that my chances are pretty slim, and that I'll likely continue at my school for one more year. So, again, at what point should I essentially give up on any prospects of being admitted in this cycle? Also, historically, does SOM release/reject candidates from the WL on a rolling basis in the summer that anyone knows of?

Thanks for any insight.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
edgeook8 wrote:
Congratulations, nathank!

Question for anyone (aerien?): I know that WL applicants can be accepted from the WL as late as early August, but at what point in the summer do the chances of getting an acceptance call radically drop? Note that this is my only biz school prospect (for 2017 intake) as I applied to only three schools, all somewhat on a whim in R3 (I intended orginally to wait until the 2018 intake), and I was rejected after interviews from the other two. So my situation is somewhat different than many others on the WL in that I am unsure whether I will continue to work next year or attend business school. I'd imagine most other WL applicants have made deposits at other schools and are, therefore, uncertain about where they will attend, but not about whether they will attend business school in the fall.

My boss, who wrote my LOR, has been understandably very persistent in asking when I will know for sure whether I am returning in the fall to work (I'm a teacher, so I'm currently on break). I explained to her -- I think correctly -- that my chances are pretty slim, and that I'll likely continue at my school for one more year. So, again, at what point should I essentially give up on any prospects of being admitted in this cycle? Also, historically, does SOM release/reject candidates from the WL on a rolling basis in the summer that anyone knows of?

Thanks for any insight.

For what it's worth, I was called and told that the admissions team was reviewing the waitlist, and wanted to know if I would accept admission if offered. I asked for a day to get back to the team, and called and left a voicemail for the adcom the next day. A few hours later, the adcom returned my call and offered me admission.

Did you get a call like that? If all waitlisted applicants did, then I wouldn't put too much stock into it, but if not, perhaps it's a sign that you're close to admission.

To be honest, I had already lost hope, it was a very pleasant surprise!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Thanks, nathank. No such call for me. Given that you got the offer the next day, though, it doesn't seem as though that was a mass call that only applicants who were still under serious consideration received. I'd guess that WL'ers would only get a call of that type as space becomes available (i.e. when people renege on their admissions offers for whatever reason).

Really wanted to make it happen this cycle, but not very optimistic. This was perfect timing for me in terms of life circumstances. I am really regretting not applying in an earlier round! Such is life, though. Everything happens for a reason, as they say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
congrats nathank! I haven't received any calls, and I haven't received any email updates or updates in the portal either. I do know from the clearadmit livewire that it appears a slew of WL'ers got let go last week, so sounds like they are definitely cutting the list. Still not holding my breath but good to know that I'm still in it!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts