It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 19:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 156

CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 06:38
Hi everyone,

Congratulations to the ones who are accepted!!!

I am going for R3 and wondering if anyone has a stat on R3 applicants and their acceptance?

Thank you.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 156

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2015
Posts: 54

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 48

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 06:55
Liza99 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Congratulations to the ones who are accepted!!!

I am going for R3 and wondering if anyone has a stat on R3 applicants and their acceptance?

Thank you.


Hi Liza99, I do not think that any official (or representative unofficial) statistics are available.
That being said, as you must know the competition is fierce for Wharton R3. For some schools the chances of admission in each round are more or less equal but Wharton's website clearly states that the third round is more competitive, as we will have already selected a good portion of the class. However, there will be sufficient room in Round 3 for the strongest applicants.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 48

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 156

CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 07:04
Hi Lazure,

Many thanks for the reply.

Does anyone have an experience with R3 and want to share :) ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 156

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2015
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton '18 (A)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 08:15
For those of us who didn't receive any fellowship, is it safe to assume that in the schools eyes, we are the bottom of the class/just barely got accepted? Any suggestions on asking for some $? (Even 5k per year would be like making 20k at a job)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2014
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Location: United States
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 11:38
Prospective2016 wrote:
For those of us who didn't receive any fellowship, is it safe to assume that in the schools eyes, we are the bottom of the class/just barely got accepted? Any suggestions on asking for some $? (Even 5k per year would be like making 20k at a job)


I would think the majority of admits don't get any kind of fellowship/scholarship, so I don't think it's anything to feel super down about. Reading past year's post, it seems like they are pretty unflexible are reconsideration, even with scholarships from other schools :? Have been looking into this since I am torn with a full tuition scholarship to Kellogg...

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2015
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton '18 (A)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 11:58
iadoreyooh wrote:
Prospective2016 wrote:
For those of us who didn't receive any fellowship, is it safe to assume that in the schools eyes, we are the bottom of the class/just barely got accepted? Any suggestions on asking for some $? (Even 5k per year would be like making 20k at a job)


I would think the majority of admits don't get any kind of fellowship/scholarship, so I don't think it's anything to feel super down about. Reading past year's post, it seems like they are pretty unflexible are reconsideration, even with scholarships from other schools :? Have been looking into this since I am torn with a full tuition scholarship to Kellogg...


Does anyone have numbers of percent of scholarships/average for the different schools?

Kellogg with full vs Wharton with none...I think I would take Kellogg unless you absolutely loved Wharton's culture and hated Kellogg's

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 20:24
Are you able to have one school match the fellowship of the other? I have heard of this being done in the past

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4719

Kudos [?]: 3720 [1], given: 2420

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 14:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Kudos [?]: 3720 [1], given: 2420

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Sep 2014
Posts: 484

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 342

Concentration: Finance, Marketing
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 00:10
Hi,

I am in for R2.

I have submitted request for my recommendation but I haven't received mail notification for the same (on my account that request for your recommendation has submitted).

2nd, I heard that there is a team discussion happens before interview, want to know what exactly is that. I am an Indian applicant so will that happen over skype?


Thanks in advance,
abrakadabra

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 342

Current Student
avatar
B
Status: Done with applications.
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Joined: 10 Jun 2015
Posts: 120

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

Location: Brazil
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 03:41
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi,

I am in for R2.

I have submitted request for my recommendation but I haven't received mail notification for the same (on my account that request for your recommendation has submitted).

2nd, I heard that there is a team discussion happens before interview, want to know what exactly is that. I am an Indian applicant so will that happen over skype?


Thanks in advance,
abrakadabra


Look for info regarding Wharton's Team Based Discussion. It is a very simple exercise, but one you have to prepare for in advance.

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Sep 2014
Posts: 484

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 342

Concentration: Finance, Marketing
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 03:56
mfprado1073 wrote:
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi,

I am in for R2.

I have submitted request for my recommendation but I haven't received mail notification for the same (on my account that request for your recommendation has submitted).

2nd, I heard that there is a team discussion happens before interview, want to know what exactly is that. I am an Indian applicant so will that happen over skype?


Thanks in advance,
abrakadabra


Look for info regarding Wharton's Team Based Discussion. It is a very simple exercise, but one you have to prepare for in advance.


Thank you :)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 342

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2013
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

You, On Paper [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 12:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: You, On Paper
If you’re like me, you probably intended to start writing this thing way earlier. You probably intended to think long and hard about it. Complete two drafts. Show 10 friends for feedback. But, alas, life got in the way, as it tends to do. And now, you are stuck Googling,…Read More

The post You, On Paper appeared first on MBA Program.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2015
Posts: 59

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 05:45
submitted for round-2 :)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2015
Posts: 59

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 06:59
did anyone get any error on submitting a PDF formatted resume? Wharton requires a DOCX resume, but I forgot and uploaded a PDF resume :(
I've mailed applyweb now, but I would've expected their form to tell me I'm wrong!

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 10:48
I'm submitting in round 2 and have some questions on the app:

First, I did a bunch of summer internships in college (all full time, almost none paid). Is it a good idea to use WHarton's additional work experience section to talk about those in detail?

Second, in the additional work ex and education sections, the app recommends using the provided format. Is this a very strict rule? Is it ok to deviate a bit and add some narrative?

Any help from those who've submitted would be highly appreciated!

Good luck all!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2014
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 11:29
Hi everyone,

I have a unique situation regarding my employer history and need your suggestions. I work at an investment bank (say XYZ Bank)for last 5+ yrs. 3yrs back I had an intra-company transfer within the same office location (infact same office floor) from one division to another (It also led to change in entity say, XYZ India services Ltd. to XYZ Structured services Ltd.). In such a case do you advise I list two different employers within the application form or is it safe to simply say 'XYZ Bank' and employed for last 5+yrs. In the event I mention 2 different employers I also need to mention reason of leaving, which am not so sure what to mention as it was simply a merging of two roles (and not an opted switch).

Does a background check look into these smaller details and does it really matters in this case?

Kindly advise

Apologies, if I made the whole scenario confusing.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 15

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 16:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
brio wrote:
did anyone get any error on submitting a PDF formatted resume? Wharton requires a DOCX resume, but I forgot and uploaded a PDF resume :(
I've mailed applyweb now, but I would've expected their form to tell me I'm wrong!


I went back and saw that on the Wharton website it states to upload a resume in a Word Document. Probably read that way back, but didn't think about it when I submitted (as a PDF) and didn't see it on the actual portal. I went back and looked on the portal (after creating a new account just to be sure) and it states "Accepted File Types: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt" under the resume upload button, so think we are okay.

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2015
Posts: 59

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 18:53
MiamiCane08 wrote:
brio wrote:
did anyone get any error on submitting a PDF formatted resume? Wharton requires a DOCX resume, but I forgot and uploaded a PDF resume :(
I've mailed applyweb now, but I would've expected their form to tell me I'm wrong!


I went back and saw that on the Wharton website it states to upload a resume in a Word Document. Probably read that way back, but didn't think about it when I submitted (as a PDF) and didn't see it on the actual portal. I went back and looked on the portal (after creating a new account just to be sure) and it states "Accepted File Types: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt" under the resume upload button, so think we are okay.


Thanks! good to know. There are many inconsistencies in the 'applyweb' portals, they should stop using applyweb / collegeNET.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2015
Posts: 59

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 18:59
You can go with either. I had an internal switch of teams within same dept, and I mentioned that on HBS application, but not on few other applications; based on ease of mentioning the details on their app forms.
Reasons for leaving can always have "was reassigned based on company restructuring". I don't think reasons for leaving is a concern.
viciss wrote:
I have a unique situation regarding my employer history and need your suggestions. I work at an investment bank (say XYZ Bank)for last 5+ yrs. 3yrs back I had an intra-company transfer within the same office location (infact same office floor) from one division to another (It also led to change in entity say, XYZ India services Ltd. to XYZ Structured services Ltd.). In such a case do you advise I list two different employers within the application form or is it safe to simply say 'XYZ Bank' and employed for last 5+yrs. In the event I mention 2 different employers I also need to mention reason of leaving, which am not so sure what to mention as it was simply a merging of two roles (and not an opted switch).

Don't know about background check though

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2015
Posts: 59

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 19:02
I would've gone with their format, but added these 0 paying jobs. I added 1 of my 0-paid summer internship.
Butterflies wrote:
First, I did a bunch of summer internships in college (all full time, almost none paid). Is it a good idea to use WHarton's additional work experience section to talk about those in detail?
Second, in the additional work ex and education sections, the app recommends using the provided format. Is this a very strict rule? Is it ok to deviate a bit and add some narrative?
Any help from those who've submitted would be highly appreciated!

As I understand, I should add only what I have some proof for, for the background check. :/ Otherwise, I had some more internships I could've added, but I didn't keep the proofs safely :(

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 125

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2016, 19:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  40    Next  [ 791 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, bb10, BrushMyQuant, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.