It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 08:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2017, 02:33
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Welcome everyone to the Cambridge Full-time MBA 2018 Intake Class forum. Let's use this topic
- to discuss the reasons why we decided to apply to Judge;
- to share and discuss application strategies;
- to share your application/interview experience;
- to discuss scholarship opportunities;
- and much more!

Good luck to everyone with the admission process!

Cambridge reviews on GMAT Club

Below, a link to GMATClub's Application Tracker :
https://gmatclub.com/forum/judge-cambri ... acker.html

The Indian Male MBA Application Guide

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Date: 09-27-2015
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 09:20
AMOBIG5 wrote:
got waitlisted before interview ..good luck to everyone for the interview day!

Hi Guys, Can anyone from R1 share how is this "WL before interview thing gets" evaluated? On the same boat. Cheers!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 18:55
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all I wrote this in another thread and am just reposting it here in case you didn't see it and find it valuable.

Hello Cambridge MBA applicants:

My name is Portia, an MBA graduate of Cambridge University Judge Business School. I was in your shoes just three years ago. So I deeply resonate with the challenge you are trying to conquer and how important it is to make this dream of getting into an elite business school a reality. I absolutely LOVED my time at Cambridge. I volunteer a lot of my time at many MBA info sessions because simply said, I love helping people like you to choose the right business school and get into your dream MBA program.

Here are 3 tips to consider conveying in your MBA application for Cambridge Judge Business School:

1) Demonstrate in your essays and your resume that you have international experience. This is a MUST. Whether be working on a project that the scope expands internationally, serving international clients, living/studying/working in foreign countries... all of these counts. The Cambridge MBA class is very internationally diverse - 90% are from outside of the UK. And you have many opportunities to be on international consulting projects.

2) Demonstrate in your essays or your interview that you are a collaborator and a team player to deliver on (grand) goals. Cambridge MBA is very hands-on with consulting projects and working in teams. You can also speak with your referee and ensure that one the stories he or she writes will convey this.

3) Demonstrate intellectual depth and ability to discuss a wide range of issues on a deep intellectual level whether be in your essay or in the interview. The University has the world's most prestigious debating club known as the Cambridge Union. World leaders and influential figures are invited to have debates and discussions to an exclusive audience (which you could be in this audience). Whatever your passion/interest/expertise, know the topic(s) well enough that you can humbly educate your listener by conveying interesting informative facts and stories that will expand their knowledge.

I can provide a ton of tips, but I want to be available to help YOU succeed. You probably have a ton of questions like
--how do I stand out from this competitive pool of applicants?
--what to share in my essays that will make me look unique?
--how to build a great resume that within a few seconds of glance I demonstrate my credibility, value, and fit to the business school?

So I have created a free facebook community where you can receive personalized support from me during your business school application.
:thumbup: You can join the new facebook community I have created here: http://bit.ly/MBAPrep-Community

:thumbup: This is a highly value-driven community. All new members will have the opportunity to jump on a 1 hour 1-on-1 MBA application strategy call with me, packed with value to help you get in.

:thumbup: If you are loving the tips above, I have written a free 5-page MBA application guide "7 Steps to Create a Stand Out MBA Application for Top Business Schools". You can download it here: https://gotinmba.lpages.co/freembaguide/

I had my own set of struggles during these business school applications (where I openly and honestly shared in one of the Facebook community videos).
I'm here to give you HOPE and be proof that you can make your dream a reality with the right techniques and strategy.

Here to support you on this life-changing journey,
Portia
Join the MBA Application Prep Community >> http://bit.ly/MBAPrep-Community
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 16:46
AMOBIG5 wrote:
got waitlisted before interview ..good luck to everyone for the interview day!

same here - waitlisted before interview. best of luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:00
For applicants preparing their applications to Judge, good luck!

I am an Oxford MBA graduate and I also spent a year in Cambridge while my husband was completing his MBA at Judge. I am very familiar with Judge and what the program looks for in its applicants. I now work as an admissions consultant and I have helped several clients get offers from Cambridge including some with scholarships.

Check out my Cambridge application essay tips here: https://www.orieladmissions.com/single- ... ation-Tips
Denied
20 Nov, 2017
Private, GMAT: 780, Q50, V47; GPA: 3.6; WE: 125 months; United States, CA; via Email
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
nsmba GMAT: 720, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.5; WE: 50 months; India; via Email
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
kplu1 GMAT: Q47, V38; GRE: Q162, V155; GPA: 4; WE: 84 months; via Email
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 710, Q50, V34; GPA: 3.8; WE: 48 months; Netherlands; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V38
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 14:33
kplu1 wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/18
GMAT: Q47, V38
GRE: Q162, V155
GPA: 4
WE: 84 months
Heard back via: Email

kplu1

Good job mate - was this for Rd 2?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V38
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 14:33
dkcanal wrote:
GMAT: 710, Q50, V34
GPA: 3.8
WE: 48 months

Congrats. Was this for Rd 2?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: 317 Q162 V155
GPA: 3.8
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 20:02
melbguy wrote:
kplu1 wrote:
GMAT: Q47, V38
GRE: Q162, V155
GPA: 4
WE: 84 months

kplu1

Good job mate - was this for Rd 2?

Cheers mate. Yes this was for round 2. However, I interviewed on skype well before the on-campus interview day.

Posted from my mobile device
Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
noscud GMAT: 720, Q49, V38; GPA: 3.91; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email
Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V42; GPA: 2.4; WE: 110 months; Ukraine; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 16:43
noscud wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/19
GMAT: 720, Q49, V38
GPA: 3.91
WE: 60 months

noscud Congratulations! Did you go for skype interview or interview on campus?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 17:37
akhil4s wrote:
noscud wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/19
GMAT: 720, Q49, V38
WE: 60 months

noscud Congratulations! Did you go for skype interview or interview on campus?

Thank you! :) I was not able to go to campus for the interview so I did the skype interview.
Admitted
20 Dec, 2017
melbguy GMAT: 650, Q41, V38; GPA: 3.13; WE: 38 months; Malaysia; via Email
Don’t let a Low Gmat score deter you Fromm applying. Met many other candidates and everyone had very unique backgrounds (namely international experience across various fields). Write deeply personal essays :)
Denied
13 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 670, Q49, V33; GPA: 3.67; WE: 85 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 04:14
Hello,

Congratulations to all those admitted! Just had a question regarding the reference letter. Does it need to be on an official company letter head and in a formal letter format or can it just be a signed document with answers to the questions>
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.61

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 03:41
Hi everyone,

I had a question regarding the work experience essays. I joined a new company 2 weeks back and thus don't have a lot to write on both the accomplishment and the challenge questions. Has anybody been in this situation and how do you suggest to tackle this?

Can I write about my previous organisation?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Date: 09-27-2015
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 05:14
stig1587 wrote:
Hello,

Congratulations to all those admitted! Just had a question regarding the reference letter. Does it need to be on an official company letter head and in a formal letter format or can it just be a signed document with answers to the questions>

Hi Stig, not an expert, but if I correctly recall my discussion from one of CJBS' IPR session, the guys would like to have it from an official id with valid credentials. Cheers!
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2017, 05:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 132 posts ] 

Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap