GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 15:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 09:08
RicAssassin wrote:
Haha I thought its in the wee hours like myself (I kept my eyes wide open lol).

Well, have dinner. Try not to burp on the cam then? Lol.

It will be a very friendly 2nd year interviewer. So just be your cool self. Cheers! Let us know after.

MsInvBanker wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:
You’ll be fine. Just relax and try and get some good sleep. You’re set!

Posted from my mobile device

It's at 11 in the night! Sleep will come after :D

I found a slot and grabbed it :p

As the debriefs say, the questions are similar that they asked.
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 09:11
MsInvBanker
Yep, pretty much the same. Also, they will be looking from a pool of questions and asking you so am sure if you have read these questions, you are good to go. There aren’t any wrong answers here!

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 09:17
That is what I have been wondering RicAssassin. My answers just have to be aligned with what I wrote in the application. I can add on however much I like if it does not go on completely different tangent.

There is just this one question that I hate. Tell me something about yourself. I mean there is so much. How can I fit in two to three sentences!!

And then Do you have any questions for me.

As an interviewer, if someone asked me more questions, I'd wonder they did not do any research and no questions would mean they are least bothered. How does one decide what should or should not be asked there.

Like I feel I know too much already as I had been talking to a current student as I worked on the application.

I think I am rambling now...
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 09:19
Relax now!! This isn’t the time. I will PM you.

MsInvBanker wrote:
That is what I have been wondering RicAssassin. My answers just have to be aligned with what I wrote in the application. I can add on however much I like if it does not go on completely different tangent.

There is just this one question that I hate. Tell me something about yourself. I mean there is so much. How can I fit in two to three sentences!!

And then Do you have any questions for me.

As an interviewer, if someone asked me more questions, I'd wonder they did not do any research and no questions would mean they are least bothered. How does one decide what should or should not be asked there.

Like I feel I know too much already as I had been talking to a current student as I worked on the application.

I think I am rambling now...

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 09:21
OK
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 12:15
Done with it. I will post a debrief later tonight or by tomorrow.

FYI, I think it was ahmazingggg!
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 18:49
Yay!

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 00:58
I wrote the debrief and instead of clicking submit, clicked on something else.

Now writing again :(
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 01:11
I have posted the debrief and you can read it here. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-203/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1108
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 01:24
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 01:28
maverick16 wrote:

Hey maverick16 you submitted a blank post. You may want to look into it.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 01:29
MsInvBanker wrote:
I have posted the debrief and you can read it here. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-203/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1108

McCombs has pretty intense interviews it seems.

BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 01:31
Intense: Maybe
Friendly: Definitely!
MBAFin2020 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:

McCombs has pretty intense interviews it seems.

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 01:37
I agree with RicAssassin

At no time did I feel that it was getting stressful or I was nervous or anything of the sort.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 08:30
Why so much silence here? Only handful of interview debriefs have been posted on the forum so far. Are interviews still happening?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 10:33
Narenn wrote:
Why so much silence here? Only handful of interview debriefs have been posted on the forum so far. Are interviews still happening?

If I remember correctly, interview slots for R1 were only available till November 22.

At least for R1, it is THE WAIT now till the 17th of December.
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 10:35
Narenn
I believe in India 25th and 26th are bulk interviews with the adcom. I expect 2-3 debriefs at the least. Hope so.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 23:51
Thanks RicAssassin & MsInvBanker. Any guesses on chance of acceptance post-interview? According to this analysis an interviewed candidate of McCombs has 51% chance of acceptance after interview although the analysis is quite old and I've no idea how much impact the recent data will have on that number.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 00:23
At UT, in 2017-2018 cycle, 2078 applicants were there and 699 were admitted for a final class of 290+. In the last cycle 1941 applications were there for a final class of 284.

If there is some data on probability of interview invites post applications then we can fill the gap and come to a very solid number. Any more inputs?

Narenn wrote:
Thanks RicAssassin & MsInvBanker. Any guesses on chance of acceptance post-interview? According to this analysis an interviewed candidate of McCombs has 51% chance of acceptance after interview although the analysis is quite old and I've no idea how much impact the recent data will have on that number.

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 00:46
RicAssassin wrote:
At UT, in 2017-2018 cycle, 2078 applicants were there and 699 were admitted for a final class of 290+. In the last cycle 1941 applications were there for a final class of 284.

If there is some data on probability of interview invites post applications then we can fill the gap and come to a very solid number. Any more inputs?

Narenn wrote:

I'll see if I can find any data.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2019, 00:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 153 posts ] 

Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin