It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 07:57

STARTING SOON:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms in Main Chat Room  |  R1 Interview Invites: MIT Sloan Chat  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  |  Duke Fuqua Chat (EA Decisions)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Campus Visit & Classroom Experience/Student Shadowing

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Campus Visit & Classroom Experience/Student Shadowing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 05:46
I've asked several B-Schools about shadowing a student during a campus visit and it's always rejected. Why are B-Schools not allowing an applicant to have an "authentic" one full day experience with a current student? Does anybody know why exactly?

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 285 [0], given: 163

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Campus Visit & Classroom Experience/Student Shadowing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 07:33
gelapitan wrote:
I've asked several B-Schools about shadowing a student during a campus visit and it's always rejected. Why are B-Schools not allowing an applicant to have an "authentic" one full day experience with a current student? Does anybody know why exactly?

can you explain what you mean by 'shadowing'? Have you visited schools before and spent one day there?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 05:53
Mo2men wrote:
gelapitan wrote:

can you explain what you mean by 'shadowing'? Have you visited schools before and spent one day there?

I have not visited any schools, but plan to do so this fall. What I mean by "shadowing" is to "follow around" a current MBA student to see what an actual day is like. I know that schools have "open days," but most don't have "classroom experience". Additionally, I prefer and feel that shadowing a student is more authentic than the planned days. I feel that the planned days are like "putting their best foot forward" type of situation.

VP
VP
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 06:04
gelapitan wrote:

I have not visited any schools, but plan to do so this fall. What I mean by "shadowing" is to "follow around" a current MBA student to see what an actual day is like. I know that schools have "open days," but most don't have "classroom experience". Additionally, I prefer and feel that shadowing a student is more authentic than the planned days. I feel that the planned days are like "putting their best foot forward" type of situation.

Hi,

I do not know which schools that do not offer the "classroom experience". Most of schools include classroom experience. I think it is hard to shadow someone as the student who you should follow is usually very busy and have many things to do.

I personally attended open days in Kelley, UNC-KF & Penn state. In KF, I attended 'Business strategy class' where I saw how students solved a case and how to present. I asked many students about the program. In Kelley, I attended 'pricing' class taught by one of the best professors in Kelley. In Penn state, I attended Supply chain class and was given opportunity to see how the class was divided into teams to solve a case. I joined during discussion. In lunch time, the assigned student introduced me o more students.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 06:10
Mo2men wrote:
gelapitan wrote:

Hi,

I do not know which schools that do not offer the "classroom experience". Most of schools include classroom experience. I think it is hard to shadow someone as the student who you should follow is usually very busy and have many things to do.

I personally attended open days in Kelley, UNC-KF & Penn state. In KF, I attended 'Business strategy class' where I saw how students solved a case and how to present. I asked many students about the program. In Kelley, I attended 'pricing' class taught by one of the best professors in Kelley. In Penn state, I attended Supply chain class and was given opportunity to see how the class was divided into teams to solve a case. I joined during discussion. In lunch time, the assigned student introduced me o more students.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe it's more common for the US B-schools. Any reactions from European B-schools?

VP
VP
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 06:13
gelapitan wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
gelapitan wrote:

Hi,

Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe it's more common for the US B-schools. Any reactions from European B-schools?

Rotterdam school of Business in Netherlands does the same.

May you share what schools that do not share open day including class attendance??

Re: Campus Visit & Classroom Experience/Student Shadowing   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2017, 06:13

Campus Visit & Classroom Experience/Student Shadowing

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap