GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 17:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Conodonts, the spiky phosphatic remains (bones and teeth composed of c

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
Re: Conodonts, the spiky phosphatic remains (bones and teeth composed of c  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 09:58
AbdurRakib wrote:
mbahanoi wrote:
i dont understand this passage
is there any lack of words in line 20?

The missed line added.
Thanks

Could you please confirm when is para 2 ending.
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Conodonts, the spiky phosphatic remains (bones and teeth composed of c  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 10:06
TheMechanic wrote:
There could be a huge debate of where the 2nd passage starts and where it ends. I even looked in official guide 2018 where it can be horridly concluded that the 2nd passage end in line 29.

I just got lost and selected a wrong answer choice. I hope I don't see such instances of bad formatting in actual GMAT.

Same thing happened with me. I also thought that the para 2 is ending at line 29 and chose the wrong option on that basis.
Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 14:37
GMATNinjaTwo,

Hi GMATNinja, I was wondering could you please explain the difference between option B and E for Q2? I ended up picking option E but it was more of a lucky guess. Would greatly appreciate it if you could please shed some light on option B especially!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 08:27
Hi,

I have a similar doubt.. For Q2, option B & option E are very similar.
How does one choose the right one?
Please help!!
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 17:41
Question 2
(Book Question: 515)
The second paragraph in the passage serves primarily to
A. outline the significance of the 1981 discovery of conodont remains to the debate concerning the development of the vertebrate skeleton
B. contrast the traditional view of the development of the vertebrate skeleton with a view derived from the 1981 discovery of conodont remains
C. contrast the characteristics of the ostracoderms with the characteristics of earlier soft-bodied vertebrates
D. explain the importance of the development of teeth among the earliest vertebrate predators
E. present the two sides of the debate concerning the development of the vertebrate skeleton

I was down to B and D and ended up choosing B because I thought that the 2nd passage end in line 29.
How can we eliminate option B here? Please help.

(^人^)

GMATCLUB Search for tags

GMAC © Official Guides - The Master Directory + Links

Question Directory by Topic & Difficulty
Problem Solving | Data Sufficiency | Sentence Correction | Critical Reasoning | Reading Comprehension

ONLINE FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CAT (PRACTICE TESTS) LINK COLLECTION

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Conodonts, the spiky phosphatic remains (bones and teeth composed of c &nbs [#permalink] 30 Aug 2018, 17:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

Conodonts, the spiky phosphatic remains (bones and teeth composed of c

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap