Join us for MBA Spotlight – The Top 20 MBA Fair      Schedule of Events | Register

It is currently 06 Jun 2020, 19:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Corona COVID-19 Impact on GMAT/MBA [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Corona COVID-19 Impact on GMAT/MBA [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Mar 2020, 14:40
All Corona/COVID-19 GMAT and MBA Discussions:

Related Videos

Originally posted by bb on 01 Feb 2020, 18:34.
Last edited by bb on 29 Mar 2020, 14:40, edited 25 times in total.
Updated
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Corona COVID-19 Impact on GMAT/MBA [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 05:24
Any news regarding the Pearson test center in Mumbai? I have scheduled a 2nd April test at the center. The GMAT website does not mention that the test are postponed there. Actually, the website does not mention Pearson Center at all, only the other Mumbai center (Hinduja) is mentioned and the tests there are cancelled through April 1 only. So, my question is, amid the lock-down till 14th April in India, how am i suppose to appear for the test?

I tried calling the GMAT customer care helpline but the lady did not have any information on the particular test center. I called the test center but nobody picked up.

Any information would be very helpful. I do not want to delay the GMAT later than 2nd April, but if that's possible, should i reschedule soon so as to get desired next dates?

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
V
GMAT: QUANT EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE: Education (Education)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 05:42
vps01011989 wrote:
Any news regarding the Pearson test center in Mumbai? I have scheduled a 2nd April test at the center. The GMAT website does not mention that the test are postponed there. Actually, the website does not mention Pearson Center at all, only the other Mumbai center (Hinduja) is mentioned and the tests there are cancelled through April 1 only. So, my question is, amid the lock-down till 14th April in India, how am i suppose to appear for the test?

I tried calling the GMAT customer care helpline but the lady did not have any information on the particular test center. I called the test center but nobody picked up.

Any information would be very helpful. I do not want to delay the GMAT later than 2nd April, but if that's possible, should i reschedule soon so as to get desired next dates?

Thanks in advance.

vps01011989

Your appointment will be canceled automatically in a few days and my suggestion is that don't reschedule it soon. There is lockdown till 15th April which might be extended further based on the situation then, Stay home. Keep preparing. :)
One-on-One Skype classes l Classroom Coaching l On-demand Quant course l Admissions Consulting
Click Here for Uneditable GOOGLE reviews
Check website for most affordable Quant on-Demand course 2000+ Qns (with Video explanations)
Click for FREE Demo on VERBAL & QUANT
Our SUCCESS STORIES: From 620 to 760 l Q-42 to Q-49 in 40 days l 590 to 710 + Wharton l
FREE GMAT Resource: 22 FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CATs LINKS l NEW OG QUANT 50 Qn+VIDEO Sol.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 05:59
Hi,

I am supposed to sit the GMAT in Paris on March 31st, but all testing has been suspended until further notice.

Is it odd that I haven't yet received a cancellation email? GMAC hasn't reached yet and I have tried calling several times but I always end up being on hold for hours.

Thanks,

Vi
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 12:32
Dear bb,
Any idea about the round 1
Application deadline, normally starting in September 2020?

Regards,
Basim.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 12:36
There are no changes of any kind for round one. At this moment Round 1 is not impacted. The deadlines are typically in mid Sept and later. Another 6 months until that time comes. The earliest I can see schools announcing changes would be late May// early June.

PS. It is one of the bullet points in the first post of this topic.

V

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 12:53
Manhattan Prep did a Webinar this morning on YouTube with GMAT Club covering the very relevant Topic: Getting Ready for the GMAT Test When You Don't have a Test date [Studying In the Time of COVID19]

B
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 12:57
Dear bb,
Thanks again for informing about the webinar. I attended it but lot of internet u tube breakups. Waiting for the next related webinar, due after 45 hours. Needless to say, you are doing a great job.
God bless you.
Regards,
Basim.

MBA Admissions Consultant
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2020, 23:14
Hi all,
My name is Shimri Winters, I am a London Business Graduate and the owner of ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting.

We are getting many questions on the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus on future MBA studies.

The bottom line is this: No one knows what the future holds, but with every crisis, there is an opportunity!
Use this uncertain period (especially if you are at home) to brush up your GMAT skills, do lots of school research and most importantly, invest quality time in some soul-searching -> thinking exactly what you would like to do in the future, and how you are going to achieve these goals.

Companies will be looking for bright MBAs to help them overcome this tough financial period!

You can find some more information on this, in this article: https://www.aringo.com/how-will-the-corona-virus-covid-19-affect-top-mba-programs/

Feel free to send me your CV, GMAT score and desired school wishlist to ShimriW@ARINGO.com for a complimentary chances estimation and project plan brainstorming session.

Good luck to everyone and stay safe!
Shimri

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 19:25
Hi

Your thoughts on below please. This the communication updated on the LBS website,

"What if my GMAT/ GRE or English language test has been cancelled due to test centre closures?

In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), we are accepting applications to our programmes without a GMAT/GRE score if you are unable to take a test in your location. We are being updated by GMAC and ETS, the providers of the GMAT/GRE test, regarding test centre availability.

Please note, if you already have a GMAT/GRE score you should submit it with your application. If you had planned to retake the test as you feel your score does not reflect your abilities, but are unable to do so, please let us know.

The admissions committee will make a holistic assessment of your overall academic ability. If you progress to the interview stage the admissions committee may ask you to provide a statement describing your quantitative skills and experience. In writing this statement you are welcome to include academic or professional qualification, employment experience or any other relevant information."

So, I was planning to retake my GMAT in first week of April and apply in R4 of full time MF. In my first attempt I had scored 610 (Q46 V28), which I know is pretty pathetic.
Any idea what should I do now because LBS is 'THE' B-School for me to pursue my MF.

Are there any expectations of the application dates deferring for R4 for LBS?

Thanks
Saurabh
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 19:54
I am not sure what you mean deferring... you mean applying in R4? LBS usually provides those dates. Are you saying they forgot to publish them?

B
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 20:52
bb wrote:
I am not sure what you mean deferring... you mean applying in R4? LBS usually provides those dates. Are you saying they forgot to publish them?

Hi bb

By deferring I meant will they be postponing the deadline dates for R4 due to Covid19, have experts heard anything on it.

Thanks
Saurabh
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 20:58
The only reason for them to postpone the deadline would be to allow people to take tests. However, if they are waiving testing requirements then the likelihood of postponing application deadlines is not high. At least not yet....

By the way, would only rely on the direct communications by the program and their website. Historically schools have sent out emails faster than they have updated their websites so make sure you are subscribed and that you have registered in the system/etc. You don’t want to rely on some rumors and miss the deadline :-)

Sarjaria84 wrote:
bb wrote:

Hi bb

By deferring I meant will they be postponing the deadline dates for R4 due to Covid19, have experts heard anything on it.

Thanks
Saurabh

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2020, 01:53
Hi,
As of today (March 28th 2020), some top MBA programs such as NYU Stern, Yale SOM and Berkeley Haas have announced extended deadlines for submission for their last rounds due to the Corona COVID-19 situation.
Although, as we are already talking about the last rounds of application with historically lower chances of acceptance, here at ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting, we strongly suggest to all our applicants applying this round to apply as soon as they are ready and not wait for the last date on the extended deadlines.

Some other schools, such as the London Business School or INSEAD have not extended their deadlines, but instead, are accepting applications of applicants who could not take the GMAT test in time. Please note that these announcements were made before GMAC and ETS announced candidates will be able to take these tests from home and may change shortly.

Our belief is that applicants with no GMAT/GRE who will apply without these test scores will be asked to take them at a later stage.

What should you do if you were thinking of applying this round? continue as usual both with your application and your GMAT/GRE prep.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me your CV/GMAT score for a profile review / chances estimation/ project planning at ShimriW@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK TO everyone
and stay healthy!

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
V
GMAT: QUANT EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE: Education (Education)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2020, 05:42
bb

I would like to know (if possible) the effect of CORONA on traffic on website GMATCLUB.

It seems that the traffic on website has reduced substantially even though many test takers across the globe are working from home.

This assessment would help us understand the worldwide impact of CORONA on the aspirations of students to go for MBA.
One-on-One Skype classes l Classroom Coaching l On-demand Quant course l Admissions Consulting
Click Here for Uneditable GOOGLE reviews
Check website for most affordable Quant on-Demand course 2000+ Qns (with Video explanations)
Click for FREE Demo on VERBAL & QUANT
Our SUCCESS STORIES: From 620 to 760 l Q-42 to Q-49 in 40 days l 590 to 710 + Wharton l
FREE GMAT Resource: 22 FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CATs LINKS l NEW OG QUANT 50 Qn+VIDEO Sol.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 08:51
For those interested, we have a live chat session with Aringo on the topic "Coronavirus impact on MBA Admissions" scheduled for Monday 10 AM PDT

More details here https://gmatclub.com/forum/coronavirus- ... l#p2482597
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 13:09
GMATinsight wrote:
bb

I would like to know (if possible) the effect of CORONA on traffic on website GMATCLUB.

It seems that the traffic on website has reduced substantially even though many test takers across the globe are working from home.

This assessment would help us understand the worldwide impact of CORONA on the aspirations of students to go for MBA.

The traffic has been 10-15% up this week from week before. What would make you seem that it reduced?
However, I don't think you can base your decisions on rash traffic spikes or declines. Even if anyone wanted to apply, the applications are only open for a handful of schools for R3 and the rest are not available now. Moreover, with people stuck at home they have a variety of other things on their minds such as how to stay safe and make sure they have the money to survive this period. However, any time there is a downturn or increase in unemployment, BSchool applications go up so it will likely be inevitable that if economy slows down (not sure if there are still questions about it), there will be an increase in applications.
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 13:12
First Post Has Been Updated:

V

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 14:37
Coronavirus Admissions Video added to the first post.
Thank you

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 18:47
bb, since the 2 year mba tenure at most business schools is between 20 and 22 months and it's likely that many don't prefer to attend the classes online, what are your thoughts on the possibility that bschools can defer the start date by a month or two to prevent a mass exodus of admit deferrals? Also, will it be feasible for business schools to do it or will it create a conflict with the class schedule of the next incoming batch?
MBA Admissions Consultant
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2020, 04:53
Vyshak wrote:
bb, thoughts on the possibility that bschools can defer the start date by a month or two to prevent a mass exodus of admit deferrals?

Vyshak.
Will Business schools defer their school start dates from September? that is the million-dollar question that no one will have an answer to in the next few weeks. We can already see programs that were supposed to start in June being either postponed or the first few weeks were moved to an online structure. We will have to wait and see what happens with the coronavirus in the US and in the world. I am assuming the MBA programs (as well as any other educational institution, workplace, etc.) are waiting to see what will happen in the next few weeks/months.

Stay healthy!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Corona COVID-19 Impact on GMAT/MBA [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2020, 04:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 137 posts ] 

Corona COVID-19 Impact on GMAT/MBA [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep