It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 07:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cox MBA Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.42
Reviews Badge
Re: Cox MBA Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 10:42
This post received
KUDOS
sveniga4 wrote:
saadim wrote:
No you misunderstand my point I am talking about the ranking and that is it overrated. As far as schools such as cox are concerned my point was one can achieve greatness even with these programs. Its all about networking no matter where you go. Schools is not a job factory and would do so far for you. Do you think bill gates or donald trump went to harvard. No they didnt but look at their net worth. In business its all about contacts not university names. But I guess if you will do actual business.one day you will understand my point. I also used to think like you couple of years back but the reality is.far differenet. Also there are good people in lower ranked programs as well with the facilities so they are not useless

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes, you can achieve great things even by going to lower ranked programs. No one in their right mind would deny that. But, why is it that more students at Kellogg/Booth end up getting their dream job than students at Cox?
For example, you will have close to zero chance of getting recruited at MBB even if you network aggressively whereas at Kellogg/Booth you will have good chances of at least getting an interview at one of those firms.

Been reading the last few posts and wanted to chime in.

SMU/COX is excellent if you want to stay in Dallas. SMU > TCU in reputation. COX > Neeley in post-grad salaries for those who stay in Texas. SMU also has a larger class which allows more recruiters to come to campus which leads to more people getting interviewed at big firms.

If you want to work in NY, COX isn't for you. If you want to work in Dallas, Cox will beat a lot of schools ranked between 9-30 out of the state.

Yale, Harvard, MIT, Wharton, and Stanford degrees will all travel to texas with no problem. Stern, Kellogg and others in that area don't.

McCombs is the best in Texas with Rice/Jones and SMU/Cox fighting for second depending on the career path you want.

If you are international and don't want to work in Texas, I would avoid Cox. Find a school with a degree that travels well instead.

As a US student who wants to live in Dallas after graduation, I don't see why I couldn't work for a Bain, BCG, Goldman, or any other big firm with a degree from Cox.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 10:56
This post received
KUDOS
Employment report shows that BCG and Brain did not hire any students at Cox.
http://www.smu.edu/Cox/FutureStudents/M ... Management
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 11:07
sveniga4 wrote:
Employment report shows that BCG and Brain did not hire any students at Cox.
http://www.smu.edu/Cox/FutureStudents/M ... Management

They also haven't met me yet.

Also, McKinsey & Co., Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, and PwC all do. Why would BCG and Bain not at least be open to looking at somewhere where all their competitors recruit from?

My point was: If you deserve to be a consultant in Dallas, Cox can get you a position in as a big or as small of a firm as you want.
Retired Moderator
P
GRE 1: 323 Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 12:16
laytonjacobcox wrote:
sveniga4 wrote:
saadim wrote:
No you misunderstand my point I am talking about the ranking and that is it overrated. As far as schools such as cox are concerned my point was one can achieve greatness even with these programs. Its all about networking no matter where you go. Schools is not a job factory and would do so far for you. Do you think bill gates or donald trump went to harvard. No they didnt but look at their net worth. In business its all about contacts not university names. But I guess if you will do actual business.one day you will understand my point. I also used to think like you couple of years back but the reality is.far differenet. Also there are good people in lower ranked programs as well with the facilities so they are not useless

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes, you can achieve great things even by going to lower ranked programs. No one in their right mind would deny that. But, why is it that more students at Kellogg/Booth end up getting their dream job than students at Cox?
For example, you will have close to zero chance of getting recruited at MBB even if you network aggressively whereas at Kellogg/Booth you will have good chances of at least getting an interview at one of those firms.

SMU/COX is excellent if you want to stay in Dallas. SMU > TCU in reputation. COX > Neeley in post-grad salaries for those who stay in Texas. SMU also has a larger class which allows more recruiters to come to campus which leads to more people getting interviewed at big firms.

If you want to work in NY, COX isn't for you. If you want to work in Dallas, Cox will beat a lot of schools ranked between 9-30 out of the state.

Yale, Harvard, MIT, Wharton, and Stanford degrees will all travel to texas with no problem. Stern, Kellogg and others in that area don't.

McCombs is the best in Texas with Rice/Jones and SMU/Cox fighting for second depending on the career path you want.

If you are international and don't want to work in Texas, I would avoid Cox. Find a school with a degree that travels well instead.

As a US student who wants to live in Dallas after graduation, I don't see why I couldn't work for a Bain, BCG, Goldman, or any other big firm with a degree from Cox.

Some great points.

But I disagree with your statement regarding Rice and SMU being on the level field .

Some Stats ->

Rice (Jones) ->
US NEWS RANK => 29(Top 30)
Average Salary => $112k
Acceptance rate => 27%

Cox ->
US NEWS RANK => 52(Outside Top 50)
Average salary => $97k
Acceptance rate => 39%

And how can you even forget about TAMU and Naveen Jindal???

Best Schools in Texas in that order =>

Mccombs
Rice
TAMU
Naveen Jindal
SMU/TCU( They are both bottom two and I cannot really decide)

Best
Stone Cold

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA

Stone Cold's Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 13:01
This post received
KUDOS
stonecold wrote:
laytonjacobcox wrote:

Some great points.

But I disagree with your statement regarding Rice and SMU being on the level field .

Some Stats ->

Rice (Jones) ->
Average Salary => $112k
Acceptance rate => 27%

Cox ->
Average salary => $97k
Acceptance rate => 39%

Mccombs
Rice
TAMU
Naveen Jindal

Best
Stone Cold

GTFO

Let's look at three average salaries: Consulting, Finance, & All

McCombs (2017 numbers)
Consulting: $136,000
Finance: $111,000
All: $117,00

Rice (2016 numbers)
Consulting: $119,000
Finance: $116,000
All: $112,000

A&M (2017)
Consulting: $111,000
Finance: $103,000
All: $105,000

UT-Dallas (2016)
Consulting: $77,000
Finance: $83,000
All: $90,000

Cox (2015 Numbers on Website, 2017 numbers through their admissions department)
Consulting: $104,000
Finance: $101,000
All: $100,000
Consulting: $120,000
Finance: $110,000
All: don't know, didn't ask

Neeley (2017 numbers)
Consulting: $103,000
Finance: $95,215

McCombs is best. No argument.

Rice is fine if you want to work in the Energy industry. Jones and Houston focus and live off of energy. So if you want to focus on Energy, Rice is second. If you want to focus on anything else. It also has a lot of alumni living in Houston. If you don't like Houston, don't go to Rice. No list of employers, so who knows who hires from Rice, but I bet all the big firms look. Second largest class size, so it has a good amount of positives going for it. Private as well.

A&M's 2017 #s barely beat Cox's 2015 #s. Cox's 2017 #s beat A&Ms handily. A&M is also a cult school. You only go there if you bleed Maroon. Average GMAT at A&M is 649. Average GMAT at Cox is 661.

UT-Dallas is for people who didn't plan ahead and got rejected from McCombs. Average age is 29 with a class size of 50. Crap starting salaries (worse than Neeley) and mostly general management companies hiring.

Cox is the best private school in Texas. Its reputation in Texas is remarkable (hence why GW Bush picked it for his Presidential library). Highest starting salary matches both McCombs & Jones at $150,000. With 120+ students, it is the third largest MBA class in Texas. If you don't like Houston, SMU beats Rice. If you want to go into an industry other than Energy or Tech, SMU beats Rice.

Neeley is a combination of Rice and UT-Dallas.

Your analysis seems to be 100% based on rankings, which don't take a ton into consideration.

For example, BusinessWeek (now US News) ranked SMU #12 in the World back in '08. The Economist currently ranks SMU Cox #6 in the world for faculty quality (which is kinda important if you plan on learning something). Cox also gets high marks in Finance and Quantitative studies in a ton of rankings.

Rankings can be played with and are usually "watered" down to the lowest common denominator.

I still stand by my statement: If you want to go into consulting in Dallas, Cox will do it. If you want to go into Finance in Dallas, Cox may be your best bet (even beating McCombs depending on how hard you network).

Rice will beat SMU when it comes to Energy, Tech, and anything in Houston and outside of Texas. McCombs will beat both outside of Texas. SMU can compete with McCombs in Finance in Dallas. SMU can compete with Rice in Consulting in Dallas.

Jindal, A&M, and Neeley are all playing in a different league.
Retired Moderator
P
GRE 1: 323 Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Cox MBA Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 13:42
laytonjacobcox wrote:
stonecold wrote:
laytonjacobcox wrote:

Some great points.

Some Stats ->

Rice (Jones) ->
Average Salary => $112k
Acceptance rate => 27%

Cox ->
Average salary => $97k
Acceptance rate => 39%

Mccombs
Rice
TAMU
Naveen Jindal

Best
Stone Cold

GTFO
Unfortunately I cannot use curse phrases on this platform :cool:

McCombs (2017 numbers)
Correct. (You did not include a signing bonus amount of about 28k)

Rice (2016 numbers)
Correct! Plus a signing bonus of about 25k

A&M (2017)
All: $105,000 (106k actually)
Correct!!

UT-Dallas (2016)
Correct!

So it witnessed a jump from 104k to 120k. I will wait until they publish that.

Neeley (2017 numbers)
I don't know about this since I did not get in touch with the school

Rice is fine if you want to work in the Energy industry. Jones and Houston focus and live off of energy. So if you want to focus on Energy, Rice is second. If you want to focus on anything else. It also has a lot of alumni living in Houston. If you don't like Houston, don't go to Rice. No list of employers, so who knows who hires from Rice, but I bet all the big firms look. Second largest class size, so it has a good amount of positives going for it. Private as well.
ITs average GMAT is 710. That tells us a lot.

A&M's 2017 #s barely beat Cox's 2015 #s. Cox's 2017 #s beat A&Ms handily. A&M is also a cult school. You only go there if you bleed Maroon. Average GMAT at A&M is 649. Average GMAT at Cox is 661.
Going by this logic RICE is the bloody best outta the three with a GMAT of 710

UT-Dallas is for people who didn't plan ahead and got rejected from McCombs. Average age is 29 with a class size of 50. Crap starting salaries (worse than Neeley) and mostly general management companies hiring.

Again STOP insinuating!

Cox is the best (I am trying not to laugh and hoping you are just kidding) private school in Texas. Its reputation in Texas is remarkable (hence why GW Bush picked it for his Presidential library). Highest starting salary matches both McCombs & Jones at $150,000. With 120+ students, it is the third largest MBA class in Texas. If you don't like Houston, SMU beats Rice. (Its like saying if you don't like Evanston Cox beats Kellogg. Which is utterly foolish! ) If you want to go into an industry other than Energy or Tech, SMU beats Rice. Lol. Why do you bother.Did you try asking them the 2017 numbers. I bet they won't disclose.

Bullshit! Rice is a top 30 school and Neeley is Top 70!! You are delusional.!

Your analysis seems to be 100% based on rankings, which don't take a ton into consideration. Agreed. But rankings are there for a reason. If Cox is "best school in Texas" why wouldn't it be around the Top 30 mark?

For example, BusinessWeek (now US News) ranked SMU #12 in the World back in '08. The Economist currently ranks SMU Cox #6 in the world for faculty quality (which is kinda important if you plan on learning something). Cox also gets high marks in Finance and Quantitative studies in a ton of rankings. SHOW ME THE SPECIFIC DETAILS! They recently forfeited there STEM status. Does that qualify as "Quant studies"?

Rankings can be played with and are usually "watered" down to the lowest common denominator.

I still stand by my statement: If you want to go into consulting in Dallas, Cox will do it. If you want to go into Finance in Dallas, Cox may be your best bet (even beating McCombs depending on how hard you network).

Rice will beat SMU when it comes to Energy, Tech, and anything in Houston and outside of Texas. McCombs will beat both outside of Texas. SMU can compete with McCombs in Finance in Dallas. SMU can compete with Rice in Consulting in Dallas.

You are delusional. I have written my comments in the form of highlights which can be seen in the quotes above.

To conclude -> SMU is a shit-piped dreamy eyed lumberjack school who couldn't even retain the STEM designation. It has a average GMAT of 650 or whatever and stands in no way close to Rice who has a Average GMAT of 710 and a much lower acceptance rate.

Rankings are there for a reason. DO they tell us the entire picture ? NO.
Will Cox beat other schools in some parameters? YES!!

Hell. Wisconsin beats Harvard in terms of Real estate MBA salary. Is it better than Harvard ? Please don't say yes :cool:

For Dallas ->

UT Austin >>>>>>>>>>RICE>>>>>>TAMU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SMU

Best
Stone Cold

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA

Stone Cold's Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 15:36
This post received
KUDOS
stonecold wrote:
laytonjacobcox wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Some great points.

Some Stats ->

Rice (Jones) ->
Average Salary => $112k
Acceptance rate => 27%

Cox ->
Average salary => $97k
Acceptance rate => 39%

Mccombs
Rice
TAMU
Naveen Jindal

Best
Stone Cold

GTFO
Unfortunately I cannot use curse phrases on this platform :cool:

McCombs (2017 numbers)
Correct. (You did not include a signing bonus amount of about 28k)

Rice (2016 numbers)
Correct! Plus a signing bonus of about 25k

A&M (2017)
All: $105,000 (106k actually)
Correct!!

UT-Dallas (2016)
Correct!

So it witnessed a jump from 104k to 120k. I will wait until they publish that.

Neeley (2017 numbers)
I don't know about this since I did not get in touch with the school

ITs average GMAT is 710. That tells us a lot.

Going by this logic RICE is the bloody best outta the three with a GMAT of 710

Again STOP insinuating!

Cox is the best (I am trying not to laugh and hoping you are just kidding) private school in Texas. Its reputation in Texas is remarkable (hence why GW Bush picked it for his Presidential library). Highest starting salary matches both McCombs & Jones at $150,000. With 120+ students, it is the third largest MBA class in Texas. If you don't like Houston, SMU beats Rice. (Its like saying if you don't like Evanston Cox beats Kellogg. Which is utterly foolish! ) If you want to go into an industry other than Energy or Tech, SMU beats Rice. Lol. Why do you bother.Did you try asking them the 2017 numbers. I bet they won't disclose.

Bullshit! Rice is a top 30 school and Neeley is Top 70!! You are delusional.!

Your analysis seems to be 100% based on rankings, which don't take a ton into consideration. Agreed. But rankings are there for a reason. If Cox is "best school in Texas" why wouldn't it be around the Top 30 mark?

For example, BusinessWeek (now US News) ranked SMU #12 in the World back in '08. The Economist currently ranks SMU Cox #6 in the world for faculty quality (which is kinda important if you plan on learning something). Cox also gets high marks in Finance and Quantitative studies in a ton of rankings. SHOW ME THE SPECIFIC DETAILS! They recently forfeited there STEM status. Does that qualify as "Quant studies"?

You are delusional. I have written my comments in the form of highlights which can be seen in the quotes above.

To conclude -> SMU is a shit-piped dreamy eyed lumberjack school who couldn't even retain the STEM designation. It has a average GMAT of 650 or whatever and stands in no way close to Rice who has a Average GMAT of 710 and a much lower acceptance rate.

Rankings are there for a reason. DO they tell us the entire picture ? NO.
Will Cox beat other schools in some parameters? YES!!

Hell. Wisconsin beats Harvard in terms of Real estate MBA salary. Is it better than Harvard ? Please don't say yes :cool:

For Dallas ->

UT Austin >>>>>>>>>>RICE>>>>>>TAMU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SMU

Best
Stone Cold

SMU Cox Finance Concentration: Top 10 Globally: https://www.smu.edu/News/2015/cox-finan ... -05feb2015
The Economist ranks the SMU Cox Master of Science in Management (MS Management) #6 in the U.S. and #25 in the world. Same professors as MBA management classes.
http://www.smu.edu/News/2017/cox-stem-d ... -12dec2017 The MS in Finance has a stem designation, so rigor has nothing to do with the STEM program being dropped from the MBA curriculum.
Business Analytics is 13 in the world: https://www.topmba.com/business-masters ... ytics/2018 (same professors as MBA).

Cox is better than TAMU, Jindal, and Neeley without question. Not even sure how you can make that argument.

Cox is close to Rice. Let's look at more numbers:

Economist's 2017 evaluation of recruiters for Rice: http://www.economist.com/whichmba/rice- ... 2017?tab=7
8 industries, 84% have job offers, post MBA Salary $112k, increase on pre-MBA salary 83% (because they recruit engineers from energy sector).
Economist's 2017 evaluation of recruiters for Cox: http://www.economist.com/whichmba/south ... 2017?tab=7
10 industries, 87% have job offers, post MBA $97k, increase on pre-MBA salary 90%
This means more people saw larger increases in their lives in more industries by going to Cox over Rice.

Student rating of the program:
Rice: 4.49
Cox: 4.56 (7th highest in the nation)
This means the students who went to Cox enjoy their lives and appreciate what they are paying for more than the people who went to Rice.

According to Forbes study on the current salary for the class of 2012:
Rice: $131,000 (https://www.forbes.com/colleges/rice-un ... ss-schools)
Cox: $140,000 (https://www.forbes.com/colleges/souther ... ss-schools)
This means the people who went to Cox are valued more by their employers than the people who went to Rice.

Rice and Cox are extremely close.

Rice wins in Houston, the energy and tech industries, and has a bit more name recognition outside of Texas.
Cox wins in Dallas, finance, and business analytics.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 22:37
I received an interview invite from Hannah Nousain. Applied for R2, FTMBA. Anyone had their interviews recently or in the coming days. Please share your experience. I already some of the interview questions posted in the earlier pages
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 12:15
Boom7, what you read from previous posts are pretty on point in my opinion. One question that SMU did add was the six words question you provided in the application. They asked me why and the story behind one of the words (you choose one). Otherwise very relaxed interview process with simple questions of why Cox, MBA, career plans, etc. Easy conversation to learn about you and aspirations.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2018, 13:34
I committed to the full time program late last year. Can someone share the group chat? Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Last edited by Steven1234567 on 31 Jan 2018, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 19:40
Had my interview yesterday (Jan 30th). Like discussed earlier, it was the set of standard questions, walk me through your resume, why MBA, why Cox, and few questions on the details mentioned in the application & essays.
I had a curveball question (or so I felt) and I did not know how to handle it so I replied that I was more inclined to a full-time MBA and would think about it. I am told that my profile suits the "fast track MBA" and if I would like to consider it.
I am told that the ad-com will meet after a month and will take a final decision. some more waiting before I hear the final verdict. What do you think are my chances?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 23:47
Hi all,

I got accepted to thr FT MBA with $50k scholarship.

The interview, which I had a couple of weeks ago, went well and I was told that I would be receiving an offer during the interview.

I'm an international applicant (UK), my stats exceed all of their averagees and I have managerial experience in consulting. I have a BA from a top-10 by worldwide rankings uni and an MA from a top-50.

The problem is that this scholarship, whilst very generous, isn't enough to allow me to afford it. I am willing to take some loans out, but given how shoddy the interest rates on international student loans are, I'm not willing to take out $50k+ for an MBA that, if I do have to return to Europe, won't be recognised.

Is it worth going back to them to ask for a bigger scholarship? I've also been invited to meet with them in March, so could broach the subject there...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 01:23
I should also note I have received offers, with scholarships, for higher ranked programmes outside of the USA. Cost for tuition would be similar. Could use this as leverage to pitch for more scholarship money, potentially.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.16
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 08:55
Kohi1990 wrote:
I should also note I have received offers, with scholarships, for higher ranked programmes outside of the USA. Cost for tuition would be similar. Could use this as leverage to pitch for more scholarship money, potentially.

Hi,

If you already have an offer from a higher-ranked college in USA, you may use that to negotiate the scholarship. One of the alums of the school told me that she was able to get upto 90% tuition fee waiver at Cox using her admit at a higher ranked-school!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 08:58
Hi all,

I just heard back from Hannah from Adcom about STEM status of their Business Analytics concentration.

This is her mail:
I have some good news – the Provost has just given approval for our MBA concentration in Business Analytics (which is a part of the ITOM concentration) to be STEM certified. We are still working on the details in terms of how many courses are required and which classes will be part of that, but it has been approved.
As we know more information, I’m happy to share that with you; but for now I am able to confirm that the Business Analytics concentration, within ITOM, will be STEM certified.

I am just elated at this news!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 09:01
bbhawini wrote:
Kohi1990 wrote:

Hi,

If you already have an offer from a higher-ranked college in USA, you may use that to negotiate the scholarship. One of the alums of the school told me that she was able to get upto 90% tuition fee waiver at Cox using her admit at a higher ranked-school!

Thanks for your reply. The schools I have admits to aren't US-based, but rather Spain and Canada. Cambridge Judge in the UK as good as said I'd be getting an admit, too, but i don't want to stay in the UK. My preferred option would be Canada or USA.

I might try to negotiate in that case, so thanks.

I don't suppose you know what her initial scholarship offer was? I'd be pushing for an $85k scholarship, so quite a big lift on their initial offer.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 09:04
Kohi1990 wrote:
bbhawini wrote:
Kohi1990 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The schools I have admits to aren't US-based, but rather Spain and Canada. Cambridge Judge in the UK as good as said I'd be getting an admit, too, but i don't want to stay in the UK. My preferred option would be Canada or USA.

I might try to negotiate in that case, so thanks.

I don't suppose you know what her initial scholarship offer was? I'd be pushing for an $85k scholarship, so quite a big lift on their initial offer.

No, I am not aware of the initial amount! But you may still give it a try with schools in other countries as well.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 09:14
bbhawini wrote:
Hi all,

I just heard back from Hannah from Adcom about STEM status of their Business Analytics concentration.

This is her mail:
I have some good news – the Provost has just given approval for our MBA concentration in Business Analytics (which is a part of the ITOM concentration) to be STEM certified. We are still working on the details in terms of how many courses are required and which classes will be part of that, but it has been approved.
As we know more information, I’m happy to share that with you; but for now I am able to confirm that the Business Analytics concentration, within ITOM, will be STEM certified.

Congratulations!!!
Could you tell me when you applied and when you interviewed?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2018, 08:31
naimam wrote:
bbhawini wrote:
Hi all,

This is her mail:

Congratulations!!!
Could you tell me when you applied and when you interviewed?

Not sure if aimed at me, but if so I applied around 8 Jan, got admit by 28 Jan.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 20:32
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

I received an email regarding status update and checked it to find that I have been admitted with merit-based scholarship of
USD 70000. I have to confirm my decision by 15th March...I will check out about STEM status from the admission office..
If STEM status is available for ITOM...Cox can be a tempting choice..

For those interested...Here it went

Applied on ............... 09/01/2018 (last day of R3)
Interview Invite......... 12/01/2018
Interviewed on ......... 18/01/2018
Admission Offer on..... 03/02/2018

All the best to all those waiting for the results :thumbup:

Please hit kudos button below if you found my post helpful..TIA

Cox MBA Class of 2020   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2018, 20:32

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 71 posts ] 

Cox MBA Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap