Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

escp vs emlyon

100% [1]
0% [0]
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ESCP vs EMLYON [#permalink]
massan wrote:
I think I'm missing something besides you are Indian Engineer who want to enter IB via Masters in Management in ESCP? Dots doesn't connect well my friend.

Unless you're US/EU born Indian, you'll have less than 5% breaking into IB with your description in EU. Maybe up to 30% if you're okay taking undergraduate level jobs.

Please provide more information.

1. what's your pre-MBA experience, besides Engineering background?
2. what program in those schools did you get accepted? Masters in management, or MBA in International Management?
3. anything to add on?

1. I have worked as Systems Egineer for about 2 years at TCS.
2. I got accepted to Masters in management programs
3. My overall experience is related to software development only

If it is this much difficult to break into these roles then what are the roles that I can hope after graduating from the same?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
Hi @rohan41, as an Indian who has studied and worked in France, I hope I can guide you in making the right call.

As mentioned in the previous comment, yes it is indeed very difficult to make the transition into IB as an international applicant/ employee in Europe. To add to that, France is somewhat stringent on language requirements and therefore, if you look for a job in France you would have to be fluent in French (your interviews and case studies will also be conducted in French). I see consulting opportunities in English speaking geographies as a better match for you.

Outside of France, you would be able to apply to language lenient geographies in Europe such as the UK, Amsterdam and Germany. However you may find yourself facing limited job opportunities if you do not network aggressively and because of the limited reach of these MiM programs outside of France.

In this scenario, opting for a program that gives you maximum scholarship would be a smart move.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni

Thanks for your response.

If I can't get into these roles then what kind of roles will I be able to get after the degree?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
ESCP vs EMLYON [#permalink]
Hi rohan41 , depending on your prior experience and interests you may be able to get into business analyst or entry level roles in management in consulting or in startups. Wondering if you applied to HEC as they have a wider reach within Europe and globally.

Regards
Aanchal

rohan41 wrote:
MBAGuide wrote:
Hi rohan41, as an Indian who has studied and worked in France, I hope I can guide you in making the right call.

As mentioned in the previous comment, yes it is indeed very difficult to make the transition into IB as an international applicant/ employee in Europe. To add to that, France is somewhat stringent on language requirements and therefore, if you look for a job in France you would have to be fluent in French (your interviews and case studies will also be conducted in French). I see consulting opportunities in English speaking geographies as a better match for you.

Outside of France, you would be able to apply to language lenient geographies in Europe such as the UK, Amsterdam and Germany. However you may find yourself facing limited job opportunities if you do not network aggressively and because of the limited reach of these MiM programs outside of France.

In this scenario, opting for a program that gives you maximum scholarship would be a smart move.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni

Thanks for your response.

If I can't get into these roles then what kind of roles will I be able to get after the degree?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Job reports are posted on their website. You can figure out which sectors and jobs are available for the programs there.
If you want to get into those roles you described, go get a job in those industries right now before you begin your class.
if you're asking for other roles, tech PM is definitely way to go from engineers.
What did alumni from those schools say about your job prospects?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
massan wrote:
Job reports are posted on their website. You can figure out which sectors and jobs are available for the programs there.
If you want to get into those roles you described, go get a job in those industries right now before you begin your class.
if you're asking for other roles, tech PM is definitely way to go from engineers.
What did alumni from those schools say about your job prospects?

Job posted are similar for both schools and highlight most percentage into consulting and financing but I believe those must be local candidates.
But I am still not clear about the fact which school will provide me with better options.
If I am not able to get into consulting/Financing with ESCP then what advantages will it provide over EMLyon for other roles and can't I get those roles by studying in EMLyon?

If you guys can shed some light on that part and help me select one or lay down the facts in favor of one over others, that would be great.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBAGuide wrote:
Hi , as an Indian who has studied and worked in France, I hope I can guide you in making the right call.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni

Dear Aanchal,
I applied to HEC but wasn't able to convert it. You are suggesting that consulting or investment roles will be extremely difficult to crack being an outsider. So in your point of view which school will be the best option for maximum ROI for my case (CSE engineer with 1.6 years of experience as a software developer)

1. ESCP MIM - fees 46000 euro
2. EMLyon MIM - fees 333000 euro (after scholarship)
3. University Bocconi (international management) - fees 28000 euro ( can be 0 because of ISU need-based scholarship)

Please help me with your wise opinion.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts