GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 11:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Facing problem in CR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33
Facing problem in CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 00:49
Dear Experts,

I am facing issues with CR questions :-
1. I am not able to Pre-think or prephase the answer and in case of weaken questions i am unable to think about the assumption part.Sometimes all the options seem wrong to me but wheni check the answer then i understand that i was unable to think in the right direction.
2. SC is above average with 80-90% accuracy and RC is average with 60-70 % accuracy but in CR the accuracy is around 50 % so my verbal score is in the range of 27-33.
3. In Quants i am able to get 49-51 but because of CR my verbal score is stuck in the range as mentioned in the above point.
4. 10 days are left for my GMAT paper and the only thing between me and 700 is my CR. :(
5. Can anyone please help me with the problem i am having in CR
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
D
Re: Facing problem in CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 05:23
thaks25 wrote:
Dear Experts,

I am facing issues with CR questions :-
1. I am not able to Pre-think or prephase the answer and in case of weaken questions i am unable to think about the assumption part.Sometimes all the options seem wrong to me but wheni check the answer then i understand that i was unable to think in the right direction.
2. SC is above average with 80-90% accuracy and RC is average with 60-70 % accuracy but in CR the accuracy is around 50 % so my verbal score is in the range of 27-33.
3. In Quants i am able to get 49-51 but because of CR my verbal score is stuck in the range as mentioned in the above point.
4. 10 days are left for my GMAT paper and the only thing between me and 700 is my CR. :(
5. Can anyone please help me with the problem i am having in CR

My advice to you would be to point out the problems you faced in specific CR questions. I will try to guide you on how to think in the right direction.

Here are some posts on how to handle assumptions - one of the trickiest CR question types:
https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/0 ... sumptions/
https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/0 ... -question/
https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/0 ... ons-again/

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33
Re: Facing problem in CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 05:58
In a certain university course, some of the students took their own handwritten notes on the lectures, while others studied from a printed set of notes written by the course instructor; no student used both kinds of notes. The students who took their own notes performed substantially better on the course exams than did those who used the notes written by the instructor. Clearly, the students' own notes must have been more complete or easier to understand than the instructor's, or else the students who took their own notes were simply those who were more motivated to do well in the course.

Which of the following statements, if true, most weakens the argument in the passage above?
1. In other classes at the same university, students who both wrote their own notes and used the pre-printed instructor notes were among the highest-performing students on class exams.
2. The exams were not written by the course instructor.
3. Studies have shown that the physical act of note-taking aids in the recall of what is noted, even for those who never review the notes.
4. The instructor's notes were written in language that was so florid and wordy as to make the points difficult for students to comprehend.
5. Students in the course were not allowed to refer to any notes, whether their own or the instructor's, while taking the course exams.

We can take the above example as reference
My approach was :
1. I identified the conclusion :-The students who took their own notes performed substantially better on the course exams than did those who used the notes written by the instructor and two explanations for why their own notes are better.
2. After this i started looking for ways to weaken the conclusion and this is where i go blank, i keep on looking at the answer choices rather than going through a definite process, i think this is the point where i loose my focus because i dont have any particular strategy to tackle the question.Consequently i take 3-4 min and get the question wrong.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Facing problem in CR   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2017, 05:58

Facing problem in CR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap