Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.59
WE:Accounting (Law)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
cloudy218 wrote:
has any 1st round (not EA) applicant received an interview invitation so far?

Hello there,I think the interview invites would come on Nov, 20th. I think fuqua sends all the invites in a single wave. However, this is based on my recollection from two years back.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
cloudy218 wrote:
has any 1st round (not EA) applicant received an interview invitation so far?

Hello there,I think the interview invites would come on Nov, 20th. I think fuqua sends all the invites in a single wave. However, this is based on my recollection from two years back.

Posted from my mobile device

thanks. it comforts me... :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Just sent my withdrawal letters to the rest of the business schools that I applied to.
I must say, it was harder than I though. I'm extremely passionate about Duke, but I put a lot of time, effort and money into those applications, and having them "thrown away" is a bit disappointing.

Well, 2014 is approaching and its gonna be a DUKE year!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Just sent my withdrawal letters to the rest of the business schools that I applied to.
I must say, it was harder than I though. I'm extremely passionate about Duke, but I put a lot of time, effort and money into those applications, and having them "thrown away" is a bit disappointing.

I hear you. I am doing one by one and trying to make my withdrawal letters personal. Must say that regardless of how daunting the process was, I am missing all the anxiety and the uncertainty that comes with it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

I'm with you buddy! Duke all the way from here on out! BTW nice avatar man.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Waitlisted applicant's thread

That's the link to this year's waitlist thread. Feel free to discuss any strategies and updates to your application.

Admitted Applicant's thread

And this one is for all the post-acceptance discussions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.37
WE:Sales (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hey all

I got rejected in ED... however i received an e-mail from the associate admissions director for the MMS program. I wonder how many of the people who got rejected in ED got this email?

it reads this:

"Your application to Fuqua was brought to my attention by the admissions committee because your profile resembles the profile of admitted students to the Fuqua MMS program. If you have not already solidified your graduate school decision, I would love to speak with you about The Duke Master of Management Studies (MMS) program as a viable option for you."

What do you guys think about this? I am open to the idea of considering the MMS program. But right now my primary concern is, what does this e-mail signify? Does this mean i stand a good chance of landing an admissions in the MMS program? or is it something like what hult does? (no offense to hult... and i will be stunned if duke does the same...)

I would love to hear from you guys on this.

thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
skammust wrote:
Hey all

I got rejected in ED... however i received an e-mail from the associate admissions director for the MMS program. I wonder how many of the people who got rejected in ED got this email?

it reads this:

"Your application to Fuqua was brought to my attention by the admissions committee because your profile resembles the profile of admitted students to the Fuqua MMS program. If you have not already solidified your graduate school decision, I would love to speak with you about The Duke Master of Management Studies (MMS) program as a viable option for you."

What do you guys think about this? I am open to the idea of considering the MMS program. But right now my primary concern is, what does this e-mail signify? Does this mean i stand a good chance of landing an admissions in the MMS program? or is it something like what hult does? (no offense to hult... and i will be stunned if duke does the same...)

I would love to hear from you guys on this.

thanks.

Do you have less than 2 years of work experience? It sound like you are a fairly young candidate with minimal business background, and they want to strongly consider you for the MMS program which is mostly geared towards applicants with non-business backgrounds or international students who wants a US education.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey skammust,

I'm not familiar with what Hult does but I believe the MMS program helps provide similar foundations just for a younger candidate. I think you need to first understand what your long term goals are and decide if the MMS program is for you or whether you are better served with a full-time 1Y or 2Y MBA program. Below is an excerpt from a Duke guide which might help:

The MMS is best suited for someone coming out of college who realizes that they want to go in a different direction
than what they studied for their bachelor’s degree, and feels that they need specific business skills to make the
switch. The MMS is also ideal for motivated young entrepreneurs who are ready to launch a business, or for PhD
candidates wanting to transition into the business world instead of staying in academia. A top-ranked MBA program
might accept a candidate who already holds an MMS degree from Fuqua, however that candidate would need to
explain why the additional education is required, since he or she already would have undertaken a significant part
of the standard MBA curriculum with the Duke MMS degree. Early-career candidates who plan on obtaining an MBA
in the future might want to build their careers for a few years, and then apply for admission to a standard two-year
MBA program.
Hi,

Have any of the east coast EA admits received their acceptance packet or know when it will arrive? Has anyone received any information on merit based scholarship (which I understand is only in the acceptance packet unless I am mistaken)? I apologize for spamming, I am a little excited to know if I got any scholarship :)

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 550 Q27 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
bhavik12345 wrote:
Hi,

Have any of the east coast EA admits received their acceptance packet or know when it will arrive? Has anyone received any information on merit based scholarship (which I understand is only in the acceptance packet unless I am mistaken)? I apologize for spamming, I am a little excited to know if I got any scholarship :)

Thanks.

Hey bud, I got mine yesterday, so I'd imagine yours will be coming real soon. Good luck with the scholarship!

Congrats to all, and I can't wait to meet everybody!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anybody got Interview invite for R1 (10/21 deadline).
I attended information session with faculty and ad com after I submitted an application.

For R1, interview invites will be sent by 11/20. Just 13 more days to go. I am little anxious now.
I am in US and if invited I have to go for on-campus interview between 2-10 Dec. If I get an invite then I won't be left with too many days in between to plan for my travel.
Let's see. Hoping for the best.

Any idea, how they decide on the interview invites?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
bhavik12345 wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone received any information on merit based scholarship (which I understand is only in the acceptance packet unless I am mistaken)? I apologize for spamming, I am a little excited to know if I got any scholarship :)

Thanks.

It is mentioned in the acceptance letter (PDF) on the SISS website that if you have received a scholarship, its details would be included in the next page or something like that. So unless there's a mistake of some sort, the answer is there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

Hi,

First up, congratulation for getting an admit from Fuqua! I will be applying to Fuqua in the 6th Jan deadline. I see that you have a pretty impressive lists of schools that you are interested in; however, you decided to join Fuqua. Can you please share the reason for your decision. I am just curious to know about the school.

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AdiRedDevil wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

Hi,

First up, congratulation for getting an admit from Fuqua! I will be applying to Fuqua in the 6th Jan deadline. I see that you have a pretty impressive lists of schools that you are interested in; however, you decided to join Fuqua. Can you please share the reason for your decision. I am just curious to know about the school.

Thanks!

I will not comment about other schools, but regarding Duke, I was really impressed with the people, the community feeling and the emphasis on teamwork and mutual success. Many schools say that they have these features, but only a few got me convinced. Apart from that, my career interests align well with Fuqua's offerings.

Frankly, most top schools will get you to where you want. The difference between one school and the other is how YOU feel connected to the people and the spirit of the school.
Fuqua really captured me on all of these!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

I will not comment about other schools, but regarding Duke, I was really impressed with the people, the community feeling and the emphasis on teamwork and mutual success. Many schools say that they have these features, but only a few got me convinced. Apart from that, my career interests align well with Fuqua's offerings.

Frankly, most top schools will get you to where you want. The difference between one school and the other is how YOU feel connected to the people and the spirit of the school.
Fuqua really captured me on all of these!

Thanks mate for sharing your reasons. I too do feel the same when I interact with the current students.

Congratulations once again!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Interview invite deadline for R1 is 20-Nov, 9 more days.

Anyone got invite so far? Any idea what to expect?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  82   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts