GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 11:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Dec 2017, 23:46
Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude Test. Please be ethical.

Originally posted by vpnaukri on 10 Nov 2017, 03:24.
Last edited by vpnaukri on 17 Dec 2017, 23:46, edited 3 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 03:52
vpnaukri wrote:
Which is Best Coaching for GMAT in India? Is it Byjus, Jamboree, Manya Princeton, Pythagurus, CrackVerbal, Meritnation or EduShastra?

It's unlikely any individual can give you feedback about all the courses. One test taker will probably go for at most 2 to 3 courses.

You can look at the following discussions to get some idea

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-coachin ... 26785.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/crackverbal- ... 51691.html

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 12:45
Hi vpnaukri,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options (far more than just the coaching institutes that you are asking about). Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Boston U '20 (A)
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 17:42
vpnaukri wrote:
Which is Best Coaching for GMAT in India? Is it Byjus, Jamboree, Manya Princeton, Pythagurus, CrackVerbal, Meritnation or EduShastra?

Its difficult to decide the best. I had opted for Crackverbal and it is good.
However, you need not restrict yourself to coaching institutes in India. You can go for online coaching from egmat, veritasprep, magoosh, empowergmat etc. These options are better than the ones you have mentioned in your query in terms of faculty and content. Find the reviews here:

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/gmat_courses?fl=menu

Morever, there are tons of free resources on gmatclub. You can even use the gmatclub rewards system to gain access to gmatclub tests.
There is a free series "Thursdays with Ron" (https://gmatclub.com/forum/mgmat-study- ... 09197.html) which is one of the best resources for verbal. In case the link doesn't work you can always Google it or search it top right search box of GMATClub.

Also, you can yourself find out the good resources on GMATClub by checking out the forum (https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-11/?fl=menu) and sorting the posts as per kudos, replies, etc.

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Intern
Intern
Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Dec 2017, 03:42
Evaluation tests is an integral part of the course.

Originally posted by KushalBhardwaj on 16 Nov 2017, 02:02.
Last edited by KushalBhardwaj on 19 Dec 2017, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 04:57
Dear vpnaukri,
I joined Princeton ( Manya) and then egmat and my personal experience is that online courses are much better than manya type classroom courses. There is less time waste, more flexibility, better teaching. Manya is no where comparable to egmat. It is cheaper also and gives you more than value for your money. Best to go to GMAT club to compare online courses

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a46 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 08:43
vpnaukri wrote:

I would personally ouch for E-GMAT and CrackVerbal. In addition if you add Math Revolution then that’s the best combination. GMAT Club tests are brilliant and should not be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 11:22
vpnaukri wrote:

Hello vpnaukri

Don't ever join Edushastra. I and my whole batch was frustrated with Edushastra. It is complete waste of money and time. They are highly unprofessional.
i will share detailed review of the institute soon.

Can't comment on other institutes. But i would suggest you to go over forum and look for reviews for different coaching institutes (if you are planning to enroll in one instead of self study)
Also if you can do self study and not looking for classroom courses, there are lot of online courses available. Try to check the reviews on forum

All the best.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 20:49
I agree with vpnaukri above, Edushastra is most unprofessional when it comes to online sessions. First they will act pricey and tell you there are no seats and how they restrict batch sizes. Once you decide on a vacant batch and pay money, they will allot you to a batch which is already in progress and you will not know anything about what has been covered and what is being taught. If you have opted for evening sessions don’t be complacent as sessions will start at any time in the day from morning till afternoon. You are lucky if you actually get an evening class. Sessions start and end abruptly depending on the whims and fancies of the teacher. They don’t even bother even if they are in midst of a concept. Classes are cancelled and rescheduled frequently. When faculty is not available or not in a mood to teach they simply start a quiz which is offline. Once you answer the quiz, you will never get answers and your score. I had joined as I read some good reviews here on GMAT Club and Quora. I am sure those were fake reviews. This is honest review, avoid Edushastra, it’s a waste of time and money.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 23:21
Agree with many people who got into the EduShastra trap. It is a complete waste of time and Money. The owner of the company doesn't give damn about how the employees run the firm.

These guys are untrained, unprofessional and are only looking to sustain their firm. I do not see any future. Maybe this company is shut already.

Don't know how much money is the owner going to waste on this enterprise.

If anybody needs any more info into this PM me.

-
Anmol
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 08:41
vpnaukri wrote:
Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude Test. Please be ethical.
Do you prefer classroom or online? If it's classroom, one of the most important things to look for is how well you and your instructor can work together, and one way to check that is to take a trial session.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Retired Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 08:57
vpnaukri wrote:

There are plenty of courses and materials. You need to explore which one works best for you. From my personal experience I can say the following:

1. All GMATPREP materials
2. Manhattan Books
3. eGMAT
4. EMPOWERGmat

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

GMAT Club Bot
Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude &nbs [#permalink] 28 Dec 2017, 08:57

Please suggest best preparation help for Graduate Management Aptitude

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap