Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [2]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sebo08 wrote:
dasailton of course! it is just an exam, they don't ask you to imprison yourself

I would not put it past GMAC 😂😂😂

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
uditsoni10 do you wait for the files to complete downloading? after some files are downloaded (took me 2-3 mins) a browser with a similar view to the mba.com mock test automatically opens.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
sebo08 I waited for more than 5 minutes but nothing happened....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi all,
I have just received the official score from GMAT online and I was wondering if, retaking the exam online, I will have the opportunity to choose the best score or the last one only.
Thank you so much in advance,
Regards,
F
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 899
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
Send PM
Hello all, may i ask that during the test, am i allowed to have any snacks on the desk, also before IR break, can i leave the room to go to bathroom etc. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello all,

I have tried to give my GMAT online recently however due to an issue I couldn't. But today as I see my GMAT online history, it shows the letter 'E' as my alphabetic score and I don't see any reference to this letter in the below mentioned key. May I know if anyone has come across such a case or any idea about what this 'E' means ?

Thanks

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
junii wrote:
Hello all, may i ask that during the test, am i allowed to have any snacks on the desk, also before IR break, can i leave the room to go to bathroom etc. Thanks

You cannot leave during the test. You can only leave during the break and you have to show the board to the camera that it is erased. Before and after you leave. You don’t need to ask for permission from the proctor. It often takes minutes for them to respond. If you’re not in a rush during the break, you can ask for permission and then just leave after a few minutes if you don’t hear back. A few people have mentioned that this strategy backfires however because then 15 minutes later when you’re doing the IR, the proctor comes back and starts chatting with you.

You cannot have any food on your desk during the test. You can only have a clear container with water. So you cannot be chewing on your favorite peanuts well solving Quant a Verbal questions. 😉

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
fb95 wrote:
Hi all,
I have just received the official score from GMAT online and I was wondering if, retaking the exam online, I will have the opportunity to choose the best score or the last one only.
Thank you so much in advance,
Regards,
F

Yes. You will have a choice which score to send. there are check boxes next to the scores in the send score area. That’s you can choose which ever you prefer to share with business schools.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Avinash4448 wrote:
Hello all,

I have tried to give my GMAT online recently however due to an issue I couldn't. But today as I see my GMAT online history, it shows the letter 'E' as my alphabetic score and I don't see any reference to this letter in the below mentioned key. May I know if anyone has come across such a case or any idea about what this 'E' means ?

Thanks

That likely means “Error”. E is not an official policy violation code. P, S, or T are the only letters used. Curious if anyone had an E.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mba.co ... -score/amp
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 110
Send PM
Hi all,

May I know the approx data consumed while taking this GMAT Online exam? This is because I don't have a good wifi where I am right now, and hence, I will be using pre-paid data cards and a wifi dongle.

Apologies if this question has already been answered. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [1]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sssanskaar2 wrote:
Hi all,

May I know the approx data consumed while taking this GMAT Online exam? This is because I don't have a good wifi where I am right now, and hence, I will be using pre-paid data cards and a wifi dongle.

Hi sssanskaar2,

Until you get a more accurate answer, this is what mba.com says about the internet connection needed:
Quote:
A consistent connection speed of 1 Mbps down/up is required.
Perhaps you could use this to calculate the amount of data you need? It goes without saying that you should ensure that you have more data than you need, as you may face delays during your test. Use a wired connection if you can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
sssanskaar2 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi sssanskaar2,

Until you get a more accurate answer, this is what mba.com says about the internet connection needed:
Quote:
Perhaps you could use this to calculate the amount of data you need? It goes without saying that you should ensure that you have more data than you need, as you may face delays during your test. Use a wired connection if you can.

Hey thanks AjiteshArun

So if I assume approx 3 hours for the exam, a minimum of 10-11 GB data will be consumed. (at a min speed of 1MB/Sec) .
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
sssanskaar2 wrote:
Hey thanks AjiteshArun

So if I assume approx 3 hours for the exam, a minimum of 10-11 GB data will be consumed. (at a min speed of 1MB/Sec) .

I'm not an expert on this, but there may be some kind of difference between Mbps and MBps. I don't think they'd set a 1 MBps minimum, given that the exam has to work well all across the world in all sorts of conditions, so your actual usage may be much lower (~1.5 to 3 GB?), but planning for more can't hurt. The bigger issue is the stability of your connection. I've received many more reports of problems from students who tried to use some kind of mobile internet. That said, that sample size is small compared to the number of experiences in this thread.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [1]
Given Kudos: 359
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36 (Online)
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
sssanskaar2 wrote:
AjiteshArun wrote:
sssanskaar2 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi sssanskaar2,

Quote:

Hey thanks AjiteshArun

Hey,

Mbps is normally associated with internet speed : megabit per second, and MBps is associated with file size :mega byte per second.

8 meagabits equal to 1 megabyte.

https://www.attplans.com/resources/difference-mbps-and-mbps/#:~:text=Mbps%20stands%20for%20Megabits%20per,is%20downloaded%2Fuploaded%20per%20second.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
sssanskaar2 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi, I attempted using an Airtel 4G hotspot on my phone and it consumed around 1.36GB data. Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
zerotoone wrote:
sssanskaar2 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi, I attempted using an Airtel 4G hotspot on my phone and it consumed around 1.36GB data. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot man! This is exactly what I was looking for! :) :please:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am trying to book a slot for my GMATOnline Retake but i am getting a page where we have to select the authorisation1 or authorisation2 with certain dates for each. Can someone help me with what this means?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  147   148   149   150   151  ...  183