GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 04:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT prep & perfect time

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT prep & perfect time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 04:47
Hi,

I am an Indian engineer of 2016 batch working at a startup.
I want to do MBA from the top ones. I am planning to apply for the batch starting from 2021. What will be the right time to take the GMAT?

Also my extra curriculars are not steller so are my chances low?
Target schools are Judge Said HBS LBS SGSB UCB Booth and other top ones.

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT prep & perfect time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 07:22
rx10 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian engineer of 2016 batch working at a startup.
I want to do MBA from the top ones. I am planning to apply for the batch starting from 2021. What will be the right time to take the GMAT?

Also my extra curriculars are not steller so are my chances low?
Target schools are Judge Said HBS LBS SGSB UCB Booth and other top ones.

Posted from my mobile device

Well, if the start up is yours, the chance shoot up.
So, I can suggest you take part in community service "TODAY" join a local organisation, two if you can
Also, don't just utter big names, do some research on the B-schools as even the M7 have different offerings
Know your industry, know the industry you want to go into,
See if B-school wants to offer you the industry
For example,
If you want to go into a tech sector, NYU and Stanford can provide more options than Harvard, even though it is a big name
Give GMAT anytime before August 2020
That will give you sufficient time to prepare the applications for round 1. Don't give the test unless not ready
Also, try to score as high as possible
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 19:24
Hi rx10,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

In addition, since you're also asking some Admissions questions, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Intern
Intern
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 20:15
Get rid of GMAT score asap as that's the most time taking part. Once you have a score in place, you can work on your profile accordingly. You will need to show a lot more than your technical expertise to get into your mentioned B schools. So a good homwork would be needed. you have time in hand, use it.
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 19:05
Hi rx10,

Since you plan to apply to business school within the next few years, honestly, you could take the GMAT any time. In fact, it would be a great idea to get your GMAT out of the way now, so you have plenty of time to focus on applications.

Once you dive into your GMAT prep, feel free to reach back out, and I’d be happy to help. Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT prep & perfect time   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2019, 19:05

GMAT prep & perfect time

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k