It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2015, 14:30
Hi, I am New to Gmat and have like 0 experience. I started learning for GMAT this weekend. I am pretty good when it comes to Math but I couldnt answer many of the OG questions on my own. Nevertheless after seeing the answers I can fully understand the Logic behind it. Now to my questions I have 3 weeks for the Exam.
I can study fulltime 5 Times a week.
I got all the MGMAT Books of 2013 and the OG 2013.
Shall I do One MGMAT Book after another and answer the OG questions recommended at the end of the MGMAT Books? Or is more Material needed?
I need like 650.
also which Books shall I Focus the most out of the MGMAT Books (verbal and Quant) ?
My weakness is geometry but I dont want to waste time on that alot because I hate that topic.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 14:00
Hi, i know this is kind of stupid question but i am an working professional. I get very little time over the week. Weekends are fine. is there any suggestions or link to study plans which i can follow.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 62

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 23:20
Hello,

I understand there is no negative marking in GMAT. Kindly help to know which strategy is best when u don't know the answer:

* Leave the question unattended
* Make a guess

Waiting for response.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 62

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 18:04
I spent a month to prepare for the exam (working full time, spent most of the time on studying at the weekends), one month is not going to be enough to get a good score.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 12

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 00:26
Partha528113 wrote:
Hi, i know this is kind of stupid question but i am an working professional. I get very little time over the week. Weekends are fine. is there any suggestions or link to study plans which i can follow.

Hi Partha,

we would advice you to follow the below steps

1. Start with a mock test. This will help you identify your strong and weak areas
2. If you plan to do self study, get your hands on the best preparatory material available in the market. You can speak to your seniors, get feedback on forums like pagalguy to seek out the best in the market
3. Joining a coaching institute is recommended because it gives a structure to your preparation. Remember cracking GMAT is not just about working hard but working smart as well
4. Make a study time table for yourself that suits you best. You can start with spending 2 hours every day and as you move closer to your test date, start increasing your study hours
5. Keep taking mock tests in real test taking situations. However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analysing the same. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score
6. Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important

To know more about the effective GMAT test taking strategies, best books to refer for your GMAT preparation and other important information, you can read here

http://blog.manyagroup.com/index.html?url=Tips-Info

Hope the above information helps. In case, you have any further queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to help.
www.manyagroup.com

Best wishes,
Team Manya-The Princeton Review

E:info@manyagroup.com
T: 1800-102-4646
http://www.manyagroup.com

http://goo.gl/hpmXBk

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 00:35
Hi Propcandy,

The GMAT preparation takes anywhere between 3 to 6 months to score well in the exam. But you would have to be able to devote plenty of time to read and understand the content strategies and rules. More than the fact that one needs to study hard, you also need to study smart to be able to crack an exam like GMAT. And that is where a good preparatory course can help an aspirant preparing for GMAT. A good course and more importantly a good mentor can really give a good direction to one's preparation which is critical for GMAT. As most aspirants prepare for GMAT while they are still in job and therefore time is always a crunch. A good course can help one create a smart study plan to manage and finish the preparation in time.

www.manyagroup.com

Best wishes,

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2015, 23:01
Bingo123 wrote:
Hello,

I understand there is no negative marking in GMAT. Kindly help to know which strategy is best when u don't know the answer:

* Make a guess

Waiting for response.

Hi,

There is no negative marking in the GMAT, and the test taker cannot skip any question. Also, it is a timed test so it is recommended that the test taker takes does not take too much time on a particular question & just makes an educated guess & moves on.

Good Luck!!!

Best wishes,

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2015, 04:30
hi, i found this post really helpful, ive been studying for a month now, ive read the whole series of MGMAT but not the advanced part, is there any way i can test my quant section and find out what have i scored like is it q35 or above so that i could be satisfied with maths and move to verbal because at this point im too confused what to do and im loosing hope.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 11:21
first time found this forum and this post, really helpful content, thanks for sharing

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 49

GMAT Date: 09-11-2015
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 10:20
Hi,
I am a complete newbie so I hope this is the right part of the forum to post this question. I took my first practice gmat today with absolutely no practice and about 3 years without any math classes (I refrained from even reviewing basic math rules/formulas before to get a more accurate starting point) and only got a 560 (q33,v35,IR4). To me that seems relatively equally spread, so should I focus on both sections equally while building my study plan? Also, would a 700+ be attainable? I have about 4 months, my exam is scheduled for september 11th.
Any advice would be welcome :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 49

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 57

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 00:49
Great post!!! I think MG guide book series are brilliant for starters and for ones who want to review the concepts!!

Apoorv

I realize that i cannot change the world....But i can play a part :)

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 57

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 28

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2015, 22:38
Bingo123 wrote:
Hello,

* Make a guess

Waiting for response.

I am not through with the actual GMAT test but i have read alot of threads on this forum, i would suggest you to make a guess after eliminating options based of provided data in the problem.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 12

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 04:21
I started my GMAT prep about a month back. Am not giving any practice tests but studying all the sections so that am familiar with all the areas and it will also help me brush up my basics. Am planning to give practice tests regularly after I complete my studying.

Would this be a good idea?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 04:35
andyblaz wrote:
I started my GMAT prep about a month back. Am not giving any practice tests but studying all the sections so that am familiar with all the areas and it will also help me brush up my basics. Am planning to give practice tests regularly after I complete my studying.

Untill you give any mock test, you will not get to know your weak area so i would suggest you to give mocks.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
G

Kudos [?]: 2279 [1], given: 51

GMAT: INSIGHT
WE: Education (Education)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 08:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
andyblaz wrote:

Hi andyplaz,

It's absolutely a good idea to NOT to take tests until you are ready to take the CAT with your full efficiency because the good CATs are limited and we never prefer to waste them just for practising when we are not even completely ready to take the tests.

However, NOT taking Full length tests at all is certainly a bad idea hence you must take Full length tests (atleast 10) after you have gained command over all the necessary concepts and fundamentals of GMAT test sections and topics so that you are aware about all the factors like fatigue, Concentration and problem areas before you take the actual GMAT test.

Also Taking tests takes you no where to improvements without proper test analysis. Hence the best way to utilize the tests is to DEEPLY ANALYSE the mistakes and Improvement areas that the Test performance represent.

Don't take the test scores on the face value as many test series don't represent the real projected test score. Your score of GMAT PREP can only be considered reliable.

Prosper!!!

Prosper!!!
GMATinsight
Bhoopendra Singh and Dr.Sushma Jha
e-mail: info@GMATinsight.com I Call us : +91-9999687183 / 9891333772
Online One-on-One Skype based classes and Classroom Coaching in South and West Delhi
http://www.GMATinsight.com/testimonials.html

22 ONLINE FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CAT (PRACTICE TESTS) LINK COLLECTION

Kudos [?]: 2279 [1], given: 51

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 10:52
Thank you so much for the useful post
Good Luck

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 21:10
Thanks for sharing.
I am preparing for GMAT and given it exam one time but not successful.
Thanks for sharing your study plan.
I will prepare according to this.

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 23:54
Am 10 days away from my test and the last test score on Kaplan Premier free CAT is 650. I want a 740. Not sure, how I can scale up to meet that expectation.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2015, 22:20
Great.. Thanks to share it. Its very helpful GMAT prep details.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28513 [1], given: 5114

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2015, 08:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
premdayalprem wrote:
Give some tips how to start

The best way to start is...... to start.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28513 [1], given: 5114

Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 09 Jul 2015, 08:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  43    Next  [ 848 posts ] 

GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap