It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 07:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2+2; Is it possible with my profile?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
HBS 2+2; Is it possible with my profile? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 02:56
I just found out about HBS 2+2 so I'm a little late to the party, but should still be able to get the application in before R3.

I understand that HBS 2+2 is super competitive, so is there any idea in me applying?

B.Sc and M.Sc in Computer Science from top 1 technical university in Sweden. 4.7/5.0 GPA
B.Sc in Business (taken in parallell) from top 5 university in Sweden. 4.1/5.0 GPA
A couple of extra-curriculars with leadership experience, including one major project with 27 people reporting to me and a budget of $80000.
Internships in a global Swedish tech company and largest Swedish independent financial advisor.
710 GMAT
Job offers from several consulting firms (hopefully MBB as well, final round next week) for upcoming fall.
My passion is within tech, so the purpose of my MBA would be to get the foundation and credibility to start my dream tech company.

I feel like all the needed parts are there, but that everything is a bit too weak.
GPA good, but not stellar. Extra-curriculars good but too few. Internships not super impressive. GMAT a bit low. Etc...

What do you think?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.96
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: HBS 2+2; Is it possible with my profile? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 02:27
I'd tend to agree with you that it's okay, but prob not HBS worthy. Consulting is great and all, but it's an over saturated pool of people with impeccable resumes, Ivy league undergrads, and sky high gmats. If you're dead set on HBS, boost up the GMAT and do something that they don't see every day. I think you're doing super well, but prob just come up a bit short for HBS. What's the harm in applying though? Spend the money and see what happens.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 140 [1], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 08:22
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Andreascmj wrote:
I just found out about HBS 2+2 so I'm a little late to the party, but should still be able to get the application in before R3.

I understand that HBS 2+2 is super competitive, so is there any idea in me applying?

B.Sc and M.Sc in Computer Science from top 1 technical university in Sweden. 4.7/5.0 GPA
B.Sc in Business (taken in parallell) from top 5 university in Sweden. 4.1/5.0 GPA
A couple of extra-curriculars with leadership experience, including one major project with 27 people reporting to me and a budget of $80000.
Internships in a global Swedish tech company and largest Swedish independent financial advisor.
710 GMAT
Job offers from several consulting firms (hopefully MBB as well, final round next week) for upcoming fall.
My passion is within tech, so the purpose of my MBA would be to get the foundation and credibility to start my dream tech company.

I feel like all the needed parts are there, but that everything is a bit too weak.
GPA good, but not stellar. Extra-curriculars good but too few. Internships not super impressive. GMAT a bit low. Etc...

What do you think?

Your profile is pretty good but you are missing one thing to pop that will help you stand out from the crowd. I would recommend that you start in consulting, retake the GMAT and focus on a strong leadership activity. Then you can apply in a couple years with the regular cycle. You would have a better chance of getting in if you build a stronger profile between now and then.

Good luck and reach out if you want more early planning advice.

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Kudos [?]: 140 [1], given: 3

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 15:08
Very nice profile but at HBS very nice is not always enough, I think starting your career with a firm gameplan for setting yourself up for a successful app at HBS. The clear gap here currently is the one stand out thing in your profile that separates you from other candidates. Use your early career to secure this and you can position yourself for future greatness

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2; Is it possible with my profile?   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2016, 15:08

HBS 2+2; Is it possible with my profile?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap