GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 12:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.98
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 10:07
1
Hi Tridisha,

I am very grateful for your time and the valuable feedback you have provided.

I will definitely consider it while crafting my essays and attending interviews.

Regards
Daivat



Tridisha1 wrote:
Hi Daivat,

You have strong experience and extracurricular that will enable you to secure admissions. It might be important for you to introspect why you didn't get in last time and how you can improve your interview skills. I am not sure of your total years of experience, but you would definitely need clarity on why you need an MBA now and what after that. You also should be able to justify it well in the interview.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha


daivat21buch wrote:
Can anyone evaluate my chances for acceptance at IIM A, B and C (re applicant for IIM_B (had received interview call in R2))?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor.
o Currently, I am in Munich, Germany to execute feed engineering for US based $8.5 billion Ethylene cracker for the client Bechtel. I am being made familiar with the project so that in the later part, I will be bring the project engineering to Indian office, thereby executing the project by leading it with team of 4.
o I am the only one from our Indian office to learn a new technology of Butadiene complex from the licensor company named JSR. With this knowledge, I could execute its engineering for an ethylene complex of client Niznekamsknefthakim (Russia based). Such support has helped the company save 50 million euro by not outsourcing the engineering of butadiene complex. I have even developed a team so that engineering of such technology can be executed by Linde for the future projects, saving around 50 million euros to the company for each project.
o My diligent performance at the company gifted me an unusual promotion in terms of responsibility. It got me promoted to act as a discipline lead for a $6 billion Shell Ethylene Cracker Complex, a role exclusively reserved for seniors. As a lead, I was held responsible for all the technical deliverables and their necessary planning and execution. Such fast track transition from a sedulous team member to a discipline lead has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o I have executed a 1-2 million euro Project as a Lead at South African site (2 months) for client Afrox. The primary task was to update the P&ID with the current status of the operating Air Separation Plants by discussing with client the scope of work, man-hour estimation, the Safety rules followed in the plant etc. I was appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site, thereby increasing Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany to perform the task of aligning the vendor documents with the required standards for the project of Exxon Mobil owned $ 3 billion ethylene cracker complex. I was directly working with client Exxon Mobil, Main Work contractor Bechtel and few vendors such as Mitsubishi, dresser rand etc. The cost of the work was around 1.2 million Euros. The work was a major milestone in my career as I executed it perfectly with only 1 year of work experience.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany second time to perform the task of Basic Engineering (Engineering phase when the plant design is being conceptualized) for $ 6 billion Shell owned Ethylene cracker complex. I was a part of project task force, regularly getting involved in meeting with client Shell and main work contractor Bechtel.
o I have worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o I am recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company reduce operating cost and improve employee’s health
o I have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Petrochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO (start-up) called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament


Extracurricular Activities:

o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
o Acting as an advisor for Vadodara Toastmasters Club

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to join a Consulting firm in Oil & gas sector to resolve the macroeconomic issues
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Oil & gas firm
 start-up a Non profit Waste Treatment plant (to remain in touch with my Chemical Engg. discipline and to give back something to the society)

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Dec 2015
Posts: 2
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 14:52
Hi Everyone,

Request you to please evaluate my profile for IIM A PGPX program

10th exam 74.8% (CBSE)
12th exam 70.6% (Assam state board)
B.E in Mechanical engineering 73.66% (Dibrugarh university)

work experience:
33 years male with 10.5 years of experience as a Business Analyst and QA Manager in TCS for clients such as Citi (US), Siemens (Germany) and Zions Bank (US) having domain experience on Banking & Finance and Manufacturing. Have 2 years of onsite experience in a direct client facing role in Germany and US. Sole point of contact between TCS team and client.

professional certifications:
ISTQB

Leadership:
As an onsite manager in Germany and US, managed the entire communication between TCS offshore team and client.
As a QA manager, managed a team of 8 people in TCS Pune and as a QA Lead, managed a team of 20 people in TCS Kolkata

achievements:
TCS Gems for outstanding individual performance
TCS Gems for best team
Winner in TCS Pune rock band competition
Performed as a band at TCS Global Village that showcased global culture with representatives from 36 different countries
Won 3rd Place in Chem-o-Konk competition at IIT Guwahati Techniche among 16 different participants from other IITs and NITs
Winner of Pune edition of IIT Kanpur rock fest called Synchronicity and represented Pune in the rock competition at IIT Kanpur
Lead guitarist in The Scribbler's Story band from Pune and recorded our first original composition
Won many cultural competitions in college programs and commanded my hostel at the annual parade competition

volunteering:
Mentored 3 students from a Pune Engg. college interns in TCS on Data Science practices

hobbies:
Playing guitar and singing, composing original songs, travelling and photography

expected GMAT score:
>680 (not taken yet)

Post MBA goals - To get into operations and strategy wing of any good IT company

Question : Does my profile fit into IIM PGPX, IIM B and IIMC One year executive MBA programs?

Regards
Gauranga
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2019
Posts: 17
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
Chances of any IIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 22:23
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career.

What are my chances of admission in any of the IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 63
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GPA: 4
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 22:57
1
Hello,

My profile is as follows

1. Bachelor degree of dental sciences - 68%
2. Master of Dental Surgery- 65%
3. 10th - 89.8%
4. 12th - 82%

Clinical experience of 3+ years.
Abilities - Buisness management, Team leading, financial management(had my own clinic, built and sold at profit in a year), good communication skills ( ability every dentist has.)

First gmat score - 650. prepared for 2 months. canceled it. I am aiming at 720 next. Kindly suggest at what score can I accept. is 690 ok for IIM-A.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2019
Posts: 17
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
Chances of any IIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 01:33
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career. My 10th and 12th is 84% and 74% respectively and my B.Tech is 7.7 CGPA.

What are my chances of admission in any IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2019
Posts: 17
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 01:35
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score because I do not have an option of giving it again. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career. My 10th, 12th and B.Tech is 84%, 74% and 7.7 CGPA respectively.

What are my chances of admission in any of the IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Mar 2019
Posts: 13
Location: India
Schools: IIML IPMX "21
Re: Chances of any IIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 01:45
+1

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 36
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20 (WA), IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Chances of any IIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 10:25
dev9163 wrote:
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career. My 10th and 12th is 84% and 74% respectively and my B.Tech is 7.7 CGPA.

What are my chances of admission in any IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.


Hi,
I hope I am reading the score right as 610. If you see last years average GMAT score of IIMs, it was about 710. You may consider to improve your GMAT to ensure an interview call.

Regards
Rakesh
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2019
Posts: 17
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
Re: Chances of any IIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 10:31
raks85 wrote:
dev9163 wrote:
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career. My 10th and 12th is 84% and 74% respectively and my B.Tech is 7.7 CGPA.

What are my chances of admission in any IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.


Hi,
I hope I am reading the score right as 610. If you see last years average GMAT score of IIMs, it was about 710. You may consider to improve your GMAT to ensure an interview call.

Regards
Rakesh


I know it's on the lower side, I also understand that IIM A B and C are too difficult with this score. Do I have a chance with other IIMs like Lucknow, Indore and Udaipur?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 36
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20 (WA), IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Chances of any IIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 10:45
dev9163 wrote:
raks85 wrote:
dev9163 wrote:
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career. My 10th and 12th is 84% and 74% respectively and my B.Tech is 7.7 CGPA.

What are my chances of admission in any IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.


Hi,
I hope I am reading the score right as 610. If you see last years average GMAT score of IIMs, it was about 710. You may consider to improve your GMAT to ensure an interview call.

Regards
Rakesh


I know it's on the lower side, I also understand that IIM A B and C are too difficult with this score. Do I have a chance with other IIMs like Lucknow, Indore and Udaipur?


No idea about Udaipur. But last year I guess Lucknow score was about 640-660. Indore in the similar range probably.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2019
Posts: 6
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 19:18
HI
From India
Ph.D. Life Sciences, 4 years full time work ex with Reliance Industries Limited including 6 month stint in US for research with collaborators. Skill development course from IIM B. Diploma in Forensic Sciences. Organised National Seminar for Indian Agricultural Research institute. Represented RIl during a visit to University of Tokyo. 3 years of project research student experience.
How much GMAT score would I require for IIM A. Wish to go for pharma healthcare or technology or product management profiles.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jul 2018
Posts: 18
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 22:19
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM Lucknow IPMX, IIM Indore EPGP and IIM Calcutta MBAEx programs:
Male, 31
GMAT:640 (Q48,V30, IR8) in the first attempt
Workex: 9 years as an SAP Software Consultant, promoted thrice; changed 3 employers: Worked with Accenture for 4 years, HCL tech for 2 years and EY for 3 years. Now working with SAP.
Xth: 88%
XIIth: 80%
Graduation: 69% BTech (IT)
Extracurriculars: Volunteer exp in child education, feeding India, organizing events in college and in professional career. Volunteer experience in AAP(political party) for 2019 General Elections campaign and door to door ongoing campaign for 2020 Vidhan Sabha elections.
The problem is, I have taken the GMAT 4 times and could not improve on my score from 640. My last attempt was also a 640 but with lower IR5. I saw IIM Lucknow specifically asks for GMAT score report which has my attempts listed down, although cancelled because the other two scores were below 640. Does it weaken my profile?
I would highly appreciate if you could suggest any other programs matching my profile to which I can apply and reach my goals.
Post-MBA: I want to move into IT strategy consulting; same industry but a different and functional role.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
Schools: IIMB
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 03:37
1
Hi Gauranga,

Your profile is a good fit for the one year programs at IIMs. Target a GMAT score of 680-700 and you should be good to go. However, competition continues to remain intense and you should focus on your application and how you can stand out and make a mark.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha


gauranga2020 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Request you to please evaluate my profile for IIM A PGPX program

10th exam 74.8% (CBSE)
12th exam 70.6% (Assam state board)
B.E in Mechanical engineering 73.66% (Dibrugarh university)

work experience:
33 years male with 10.5 years of experience as a Business Analyst and QA Manager in TCS for clients such as Citi (US), Siemens (Germany) and Zions Bank (US) having domain experience on Banking & Finance and Manufacturing. Have 2 years of onsite experience in a direct client facing role in Germany and US. Sole point of contact between TCS team and client.

professional certifications:
ISTQB

Leadership:
As an onsite manager in Germany and US, managed the entire communication between TCS offshore team and client.
As a QA manager, managed a team of 8 people in TCS Pune and as a QA Lead, managed a team of 20 people in TCS Kolkata

achievements:
TCS Gems for outstanding individual performance
TCS Gems for best team
Winner in TCS Pune rock band competition
Performed as a band at TCS Global Village that showcased global culture with representatives from 36 different countries
Won 3rd Place in Chem-o-Konk competition at IIT Guwahati Techniche among 16 different participants from other IITs and NITs
Winner of Pune edition of IIT Kanpur rock fest called Synchronicity and represented Pune in the rock competition at IIT Kanpur
Lead guitarist in The Scribbler's Story band from Pune and recorded our first original composition
Won many cultural competitions in college programs and commanded my hostel at the annual parade competition

volunteering:
Mentored 3 students from a Pune Engg. college interns in TCS on Data Science practices

hobbies:
Playing guitar and singing, composing original songs, travelling and photography

expected GMAT score:
>680 (not taken yet)

Post MBA goals - To get into operations and strategy wing of any good IT company

Question : Does my profile fit into IIM PGPX, IIM B and IIMC One year executive MBA programs?

Regards
Gauranga

_________________
Tridisha, IIM Bangalore
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
Schools: IIMB
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 03:44
1
Hi Pulak,

A minimum of 4 years of experience is necessary for IIM A. If you have 4 years of experience, aim for a 700+ GMAT score. Other than that, focus a lot on your profile and remember to highlight why even with a low work experience (lower than the class average), you deserve to be part of the MBA program.

Regards,
Tridisha

pulak1988 wrote:
Hello,

My profile is as follows

1. Bachelor degree of dental sciences - 68%
2. Master of Dental Surgery- 65%
3. 10th - 89.8%
4. 12th - 82%

Clinical experience of 3+ years.
Abilities - Buisness management, Team leading, financial management(had my own clinic, built and sold at profit in a year), good communication skills ( ability every dentist has.)

First gmat score - 650. prepared for 2 months. canceled it. I am aiming at 720 next. Kindly suggest at what score can I accept. is 690 ok for IIM-A.

_________________
Tridisha, IIM Bangalore
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
Schools: IIMB
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 03:47
Hi Dev,

I have not heard of anyone get into IIM A, B & C with a 610 score in the last few years. You can try for IIM L and I; with a stellar application and SOP that might be possible.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha


dev9163 wrote:
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score because I do not have an option of giving it again. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career. My 10th, 12th and B.Tech is 84%, 74% and 7.7 CGPA respectively.

What are my chances of admission in any of the IIMs for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.

_________________
Tridisha, IIM Bangalore
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
Schools: IIMB
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 03:49
1
Hi Yash,

With the limited information given, Aim for anything above 680; higher the better.

Regards,
Tridisha


yashvgupte wrote:
HI
From India
Ph.D. Life Sciences, 4 years full time work ex with Reliance Industries Limited including 6 month stint in US for research with collaborators. Skill development course from IIM B. Diploma in Forensic Sciences. Organised National Seminar for Indian Agricultural Research institute. Represented RIl during a visit to University of Tokyo. 3 years of project research student experience.
How much GMAT score would I require for IIM A. Wish to go for pharma healthcare or technology or product management profiles.

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
Tridisha, IIM Bangalore
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
Schools: IIMB
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 03:56
Hi Equalizer, :)

IIM L and IIM I should be well within your reach with a 640 score. You can also try for XLRI, MDI and SP Jain. On the number of attempts, it should not impact your chances substantially; however be prepared to answer the reasons behind it.

Regards,
Tridisha

equalizer wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM Lucknow IPMX, IIM Indore EPGP and IIM Calcutta MBAEx programs:
Male, 31
GMAT:640 (Q48,V30, IR8) in the first attempt
Workex: 9 years as an SAP Software Consultant, promoted thrice; changed 3 employers: Worked with Accenture for 4 years, HCL tech for 2 years and EY for 3 years. Now working with SAP.
Xth: 88%
XIIth: 80%
Graduation: 69% BTech (IT)
Extracurriculars: Volunteer exp in child education, feeding India, organizing events in college and in professional career. Volunteer experience in AAP(political party) for 2019 General Elections campaign and door to door ongoing campaign for 2020 Vidhan Sabha elections.
The problem is, I have taken the GMAT 4 times and could not improve on my score from 640. My last attempt was also a 640 but with lower IR5. I saw IIM Lucknow specifically asks for GMAT score report which has my attempts listed down, although cancelled because the other two scores were below 640. Does it weaken my profile?
I would highly appreciate if you could suggest any other programs matching my profile to which I can apply and reach my goals.
Post-MBA: I want to move into IT strategy consulting; same industry but a different and functional role.

_________________
Tridisha, IIM Bangalore
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 119
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
Reviews Badge
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Oct 2019, 01:10
Hi,

It will be great if you could evaluate my profile and let know if I stand a chance at IIMs

Originally posted by madstaGangsta on 16 Aug 2019, 04:00.
Last edited by madstaGangsta on 22 Oct 2019, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jul 2018
Posts: 18
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 09:13
Tridisha1 wrote:
Hi Equalizer, :)

IIM L and IIM I should be well within your reach with a 640 score. You can also try for XLRI, MDI and SP Jain. On the number of attempts, it should not impact your chances substantially; however be prepared to answer the reasons behind it.

Regards,
Tridisha

equalizer wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM Lucknow IPMX, IIM Indore EPGP and IIM Calcutta MBAEx programs:
Male, 31
GMAT:640 (Q48,V30, IR8) in the first attempt
Workex: 9 years as an SAP Software Consultant, promoted thrice; changed 3 employers: Worked with Accenture for 4 years, HCL tech for 2 years and EY for 3 years. Now working with SAP.
Xth: 88%
XIIth: 80%
Graduation: 69% BTech (IT)
Extracurriculars: Volunteer exp in child education, feeding India, organizing events in college and in professional career. Volunteer experience in AAP(political party) for 2019 General Elections campaign and door to door ongoing campaign for 2020 Vidhan Sabha elections.
The problem is, I have taken the GMAT 4 times and could not improve on my score from 640. My last attempt was also a 640 but with lower IR5. I saw IIM Lucknow specifically asks for GMAT score report which has my attempts listed down, although cancelled because the other two scores were below 640. Does it weaken my profile?
I would highly appreciate if you could suggest any other programs matching my profile to which I can apply and reach my goals.
Post-MBA: I want to move into IT strategy consulting; same industry but a different and functional role.

Thanks for the evaluation and suggestion, Tridisha.
Does MDI even have a 1-year full-time program?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
Schools: IIMB
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 21:30
Hi Midhila,

MBA schools need to maintain average GMAT scores of the class and 650 is substantially lower than the current class average. You should try to increase your score by 30-50 points before you apply to ensure selection.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha



Midhila wrote:
Hi,

It will be great if you could evaluate my profile and let know if I stand a chance at IIMs with a low GMAT score of 650(q45 V34)

Age 31/Female

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(Calicut University Kerala)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with ICICI(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with ICICI bankLtd)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+ (I am aiming for IIM A and B round 1..if this score is not sufficient then maybe round 2)
1. Infosys,Mangalore- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. ICICI Bank Ltd, Mumbai-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for SME clients, few big corporates, many gems and jewellery units. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within ICICI.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across Mumbai.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference,Mangalore

- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 2 year old toddler.

PostMBA goals: While I did work in business development with my current organisation, it became imperative that I switch to the present role postpartum. Now with this MBA I aim to switch industry and zing back to Business development role along with a industry shift!

Thanks in advance! :)

_________________
Tridisha, IIM Bangalore
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2019, 21:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18    Next  [ 341 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne