Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V27
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2755 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2755 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Re: I quit GMAT mid-test. Will it show on my report sent to schools?.. [#permalink]
Top Contributor
abhimahna wrote:
iliavko wrote:
Hi everyone!

Long story short.

I couldn't sleep on then night before GMAT, my head was exploding, I took 5 panadols and it only made my head heavier and I still didn't fall asleep. So when I got to the test center in the morning I could barely keep my eyes open. I guessed through IR and when I got to the 20th Q on Quant I was asked how much % 120 was of 100. So I understood that the test was going nowhere I told the responsible I wanted to stop the test.

I wanted to get home so bad that I didn't think about it at the time... but will it show on my report I send to schools that I had this quit? Or will it only be visible to me?

Thank you!

I believe your records should have 'C' in it for this exam. C means cancelled.

Cancelled scores information is never sent to B Schools unless they specifically ask for it.

abhimahna

It will not show C even for cancelled scores now.
Please read the updated faqs regarding gmat on mba.com.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: I quit GMAT mid-test. Will it show on my report sent to schools?.. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Nevernevergiveup wrote:

abhimahna

ohh. I was not aware of this change. Thanks Friend, Nevernevergiveup . :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I quit GMAT mid-test. Will it show on my report sent to schools?.. [#permalink]
Thank you a lot for your replies. I was wondering if it would be any different because I didn't finish the test rather then finished and cancelled my score
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
iliavko wrote:
Thank you a lot for your replies. I was wondering if it would be any different because I didn't finish the test rather then finished and cancelled my score
I was also thinking about the same thing. MBA.com says:

Quote:
GMAC cannot remove the “C” designation in school databases from score reports sent to schools prior to July 19, 2015. If the candidate chooses to send another score report, the new report will not include the cancelled scores. Also, only test scores cancelled by the candidate will be removed from score reports. GMAC will continue to report other types of score cancellations, including technical issues or policy violations.
So I was wondering whether this will be treated as a cancellation initiated by you or one that the center requested. Have you asked Pearson customer support?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I asked when I was cancelling and they said that it won't show on my report sent to schools, but they weren't too sure about it. I mean if you cheat then of course it will be on the report, but in this case what sort of cancellation is this?..

Anyway I had a legit reason to quit, it was essentially a health issue, so I can explain it in case someone asks. But I guess I'll mail gmac to ask them. Thank you!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
iliavko wrote:

I am curious about this as well so would appreciate if you post back once you hear/find out.
It would make sense that if it were by the applicant's request that it would not show up on the record...I guess we'll find out.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
IN any case, you CAN cancel your score ONLINE within 2-3 days (I am not sure of the time frame)!
but info is 100% true!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thank you for your message. That's not my area of expertise. For further assistance, please contact our partners at Pearson VUE. They are responsible for score cancellations.

You may contact Pearson VUE by email or phone directly in your region (a service fee of US$10 may be required for phone transactions), by clicking on this link: GMAT Customer Service at Pearson VUE.
They will be happy to help you!

Best Regards,

This the reply. they don't know lol. I'll ask Pearson.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
Nevernevergiveup wrote:

abhimahna

ohh. I was not aware of this change. Thanks Friend, Nevernevergiveup . :)

I cannot see any change w.r.t. cancellation process on FAQ section on mba.com? Would you mind putting up the exact point here, Nevernevergiveup

This is what I see:

What is the change in GMAC’s cancellation process?
In the interest of increasing control and confidence for test takers, cancelled GMAT scores will no longer be included on a candidate’s school report. This change went into effect on July 19, 2015. When a test taker cancels their score, only the test taker will know.

Will this change be applied retroactively to scores cancelled prior to July 19?
The removal of the “C” on score reports will be retroactively applied. Any score cancellations done prior to July 19, 2015 will not be included in score reports sent to schools after July 19, 2015.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
iliavko wrote:
This the reply. they don't know lol. I'll ask Pearson.
I got a response from the person heading test prep relations for the GMAC. She said that cancellations apply only to score cancellations by candidates. This was an end test, not a score cancellation. Would be interesting to see what Pearson has to say on the issue.
GMAT Club Bot