Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
yes too quiet.

A R1 applicant from Hong Kong here~ submitted my application on the deadline day haha

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Good luck!

krisssss wrote:
yes too quiet.

A R1 applicant from Hong Kong here~ submitted my application on the deadline day haha

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
Do they normally call for interview invite or just send an email?
I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks from early October so it might be difficult receiving calls at times.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
crza wrote:
I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks from early October so it might be difficult receiving calls at times.
Hi crza, to my knowledge, they just send an email for interview invitation. So enjoy your trip and good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
krisssss wrote:
crza wrote:
Hi crza, to my knowledge, they just send an email for interview invitation. So enjoy your trip and good luck.

Thanks so much krisss!! Hope we can get good news! :))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What campus did everyone want to start at?

I picked Fonty!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hermes04 wrote:
What campus did everyone want to start at?

I picked Fonty!
the same here
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Fonty for me too!
Well, planning to go Fonty all the way.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are you planning to do a period or two in Singy? Ideally, I want to do P3 in Singy and then go back to Fonty for P4/P5.

I'd have to use up all my points to bid for that scenario ;)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Some scoop for all Round 1 applicants:

Last year, the first interview request went out Friday, October 7th 2016 and it seems like they started with the Middle East & Latin America. If we see something similar this year, we should see them coming starting Friday, October 6th 2017, if not earlier since they only gave us 48 hours for the video vs. the 1 week they gave last year.

North American interview requests started coming in October 12th (so we should hopefully expect them October 11th onwards).

Interview requests for all other regions started coming in sporadically, with the bulk of European and Indian applicants hearing back closer to the deadline (October 20th for us).

If you have an interview request, it seems like your odds of acceptance are around 50%, with perhaps better odds in the earlier rounds. See an interview with a past INSEAD admissions director below:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 8-260.html

I hope this helps you while you wait to hear back from INSEAD! Feel free to share your own research, tips, and knowledge!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Am on vacation myself. Only thing I can do is worry about an email from INSEAD. Keep checking my inbox every few hours

Have no scope of receiving a phone call as I won't be back till another 7 days.

Hope to get an email. All the best to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Also selected Fonty as my first campus option.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
All the best everyone! Let's just gives ourselves a pat on our back for submitting our applications. It's time to chill and relax. Good things will happen. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
souvik101990, MBAPrepCoach, and others - Any idea by when can one expect an interview invite? Also, how much time do we have between the date we receive the invitation and the date of interview?

I'm deciding on whether to start interview preparation or working on Round 2 applications for other schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you scroll up on this forum, I posted something about when we can expect an invite, based on when they were sent last year.

Regarding when you have to schedule the interview by, they will give you a date when you’re asked to interview. It’s usually 10-14 days before the final decision notification date. That date is November 24th for us this year.

gmat2k17 wrote:
souvik101990, MBAPrepCoach, and others - Any idea by when can one expect an interview invite? Also, how much time do we have between the date we receive the invitation and the date of interview?

I'm deciding on whether to start interview preparation or working on Round 2 applications for other schools.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
All the best to R1 applicants!

I am preparing essays for Round 2, just completed motivation essays after a lot of soul searching.

Need some tips for job essay- there is no word limit provided and it is mostly short answer. Any advice on how many words I should limit my essay to?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
There is no word limit for those questions—an ex-admissions officer from INSEAD commented on that question here:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 8-260.html

On their website, INSEAD states the following:
« The job questions are not essays. Hence, the number of words is not so important. People need to be comfortable writing 3 lines or 20. Some applicants work for companies that are well known and only 3 lines are sufficient to describe them; others work for small companies where it is more important to give the full picture. »

For my application, this is what I did:
Question 1: 300 words
Question 2: 100 words
Question 3: 400 words
Question 4: 300 words

Hope this helps you!

GmatBawse wrote:
All the best to R1 applicants!

I am preparing essays for Round 2, just completed motivation essays after a lot of soul searching.

Need some tips for job essay- there is no word limit provided and it is mostly short answer. Any advice on how many words I should limit my essay to?

Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
hermes04 wrote:
If you scroll up on this forum, I posted something about when we can expect an invite, based on when they were sent last year.

Regarding when you have to schedule the interview by, they will give you a date when you’re asked to interview. It’s usually 10-14 days before the final decision notification date. That date is November 24th for us this year.

gmat2k17 wrote:

Thanks. I didn't know we can schedule the interview. Till now, I used to think that we'd be provided a date at which we need to show up.

P.S. I read your post above, yet decided to post my question for two reasons - For knowing about the time gap between interview date and interview notification date, and secondly for taking additional opinions, especially from MBAPrepCoach as she regularly guides people into INSEAD.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts