It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 09:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4484

Kudos [?]: 17019 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 04:18
Expert's post
5
This post was
BOOKMARKED
INSEAD Reviews | INSEAD Decision Tracker | Admission Deadlines | Register for the next In-House Event | INSEAD Scholarships





I was browsing the forums and did not run into the INSEAD thread for the current program! Come on - who all are out there for this year? I am still a little unsure about INSEAD as the school has been historically clear about its point of view on reapplicants - but this year bb10 noticed a change in their language for reapplicants and I think they may make their stance softer.

So: Who all are with me this year?
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17019 [0], given: 1963

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 2.55
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 00:26
All the best everyone! 18D admit here who's been through this exhausting journey, feel free to PM me if there's anything I can help with!

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2017, 19:29
Hi all,

just wondering if the registration for Sep 2018 intake already open? in my Insead registration Dashboard, i only can see for January 2018, but not for other intake.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 02:09
Icecream87 wrote:
Hi Souvik, what are you up to? Ready to apply now?

And everyone!

What worked for me, well I guess: research, research, research, and then talk about it all on my essays:

- INSEAD was my first choice and the only school I was targeting in R1. So I decided to go all in! I spent quite some time researching each and every aspect of the school. Moderating the INSEAD forum here also really did help with that! I dug up everything I could find on the internet (and I mean everything!! :lol: ). So glad I didn’t have to go through that again for another school. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have had the time nor the energy to research as much.

- I got in touch with many students and alums, for guidance on my application, and to figure out how the school would be a match for me. Actually before deciding it was INSEAD, I got in touch with other students/alums from a couple of other schools too. Response rate was really really low, whereas alums and students from INSEAD took the time to answer, and in a quite enthusiastic manner. (perhaps my geographical proximity with the school did help, will never know). Whichever the case, they all urged me to apply, talked about what a great experience it had been for them, and how much the school would be a perfect fit for me. That just made INSEAD a no brainer for me.

- I visited the school on a couple of occasions and got the chance to have a firsthand experience, on the teaching methods and the school vibe. Participated in classes and chatted with professors and students. All the positive feedback I got from them on my profile ended up in my essays.

- I had a one on one consultation with INSEAD’s admission team. They reviewed my profile and urged me to apply.

- Then I got in touch with admissions consultants (Admissionado) to help blend all my stories in and brand me.

- After I submitted my application, and before invites to interviews came out, I went to INSEAD again for an In-House Event ( I chatted with one AO, it was Stephanie Hanny) and said, “Hi, I just submitted my application, going to do the video thingy soon, any guidance? Also, just came to say hi and express my love for INSEAD! Please remember that when you review my profile” :lol: :lol: :lol:
- After that I just spent the rest of my time on GmatClub, in agony, exchanging with other R1s (most of whom are now my future classemates 8-) ), until the end!
That's about it.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate. And good luck everyone!


Hi Icecream87,

Thanks for the useful post. I am also planning to apply to INSEAD in Round 1. I actually happen to be visiting Singapore in August (only for a couple of days though) and was wondering if I could visit the campus and interact with students and professors. You mentioned that you paid a couple of visits to the campus yourself, so my question is whether that was part of a formal event or completely ad-hoc. In case of the latter, how would one go about it exactly? I am assuming you would have to get in touch with the adcom in advance?

My second question is for the larger group - till now I don't see the application link for Sep 2018 intake on the website, which is surprising given the deadline is less than 2 months away now. Is it safe to assume that the essay topics will not change significantly from the Jan 2018 intake application? That way we could at least start thinking about our answers.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 23:16
Hi All,

Im planning to apply during R2. Have scheduled my GMAT exam in Mid-October.(i know its a bit late, but i like doing things in the nick of time)

Any leads on what are the essay topics for Sep-2018 intake?

TIA

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jun 2017
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Location: India
Schools: Insead Sept'18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 10:00
Roony2311 wrote:
Hi All,

Im planning to apply during R2. Have scheduled my GMAT exam in Mid-October.(i know its a bit late, but i like doing things in the nick of time)

Any leads on what are the essay topics for Sep-2018 intake?

TIA


Hi Roony2311, they're the same as last time.

Job Description Essays
Job Essay #1: Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/products and results achieved. (short answer)
Job Essay #2: What would be your next step in terms of position if you were to remain in the same company? (short answer)
Job Essay #3: Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. Describe your career path with the rationale behind your choices. (short answer)
Job Essay #4: Discuss your short and long term career aspirations with or without an MBA from INSEAD. (short answer)
Optional: If you are currently not working or if you plan to leave your current employer more than 2 months before the programme starts, please explain your activities and occupations between leaving your job and the start of the programme.

Motivation Essays
Motivation Essay #1: Give a candid description of yourself (who are you as a person), stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary (approximately 500 words).
Motivation Essay #2: Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and explain why. In addition, describe a situation where you failed. How did these experiences impact your relationships with others? Comment on what you learned(approximately 400 words).
Motivation Essay #3: Describe all types of extra-professional activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time (clubs, sports, music, arts, politics, etc). How are you enriched by these activities? (approximately 300 words)
Optional Motivation Essay: Is there anything else that was not covered in your application that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee? (approximately 300 words)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2013
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2017, 05:52
As a waitlisted reapplicant from last year, I have been asked to resubmit the entire application. since there is virtually no difference in required essays is there any reapplicant here who has been told something else? Or an expert that can help with what INSEAD is looking for?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Sep 2015
Posts: 405

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 72

Location: France
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2017, 15:39
Hi guys,
I am one of the bloggers for the INSEAD 18J batch. Here is what my pre-MBA experience looks like: https://blogs.insead.edu/mbaexperience/ ... -into-two/
Don't hesitate to get in touch and ask questions about INSEAD!
Cheers and good luck with applications! 8-)
_________________

New Application Tracker : update your school profiles instantly!

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 72

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Sep 2015
Posts: 405

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 72

Location: France
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2017, 16:13
sv87 wrote:
Icecream87 wrote:
Hi Souvik, what are you up to? Ready to apply now?

And everyone!

What worked for me, well I guess: research, research, research, and then talk about it all on my essays:

- INSEAD was my first choice and the only school I was targeting in R1. So I decided to go all in! I spent quite some time researching each and every aspect of the school. Moderating the INSEAD forum here also really did help with that! I dug up everything I could find on the internet (and I mean everything!! :lol: ). So glad I didn’t have to go through that again for another school. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have had the time nor the energy to research as much.

- I got in touch with many students and alums, for guidance on my application, and to figure out how the school would be a match for me. Actually before deciding it was INSEAD, I got in touch with other students/alums from a couple of other schools too. Response rate was really really low, whereas alums and students from INSEAD took the time to answer, and in a quite enthusiastic manner. (perhaps my geographical proximity with the school did help, will never know). Whichever the case, they all urged me to apply, talked about what a great experience it had been for them, and how much the school would be a perfect fit for me. That just made INSEAD a no brainer for me.


- I visited the school on a couple of occasions and got the chance to have a firsthand experience, on the teaching methods and the school vibe. Participated in classes and chatted with professors and students. All the positive feedback I got from them on my profile ended up in my essays.

- I had a one on one consultation with INSEAD’s admission team. They reviewed my profile and urged me to apply.

- Then I got in touch with admissions consultants (Admissionado) to help blend all my stories in and brand me.

- After I submitted my application, and before invites to interviews came out, I went to INSEAD again for an In-House Event ( I chatted with one AO, it was Stephanie Hanny) and said, “Hi, I just submitted my application, going to do the video thingy soon, any guidance? Also, just came to say hi and express my love for INSEAD! Please remember that when you review my profile” :lol: :lol: :lol:
- After that I just spent the rest of my time on GmatClub, in agony, exchanging with other R1s (most of whom are now my future classemates 8-) ), until the end!
That's about it.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate. And good luck everyone!


Hi Icecream87,

Thanks for the useful post. I am also planning to apply to INSEAD in Round 1. I actually happen to be visiting Singapore in August (only for a couple of days though) and was wondering if I could visit the campus and interact with students and professors. You mentioned that you paid a couple of visits to the campus yourself, so my question is whether that was part of a formal event or completely ad-hoc. In case of the latter, how would one go about it exactly? I am assuming you would have to get in touch with the adcom in advance?

My second question is for the larger group - till now I don't see the application link for Sep 2018 intake on the website, which is surprising given the deadline is less than 2 months away now. Is it safe to assume that the essay topics will not change significantly from the Jan 2018 intake application? That way we could at least start thinking about our answers.


Hi there,
Sorry I took such a long time to answer, I guess you already had a couple of opportunities to meet with INSEAD students and alums since. I basically met with them during In House Events and conferences. My last meeting was after I submitted my application. Just felt like it was the best time to say "hi, this is me, just submitted, really want to come here, please remember when you review candidates :lol: ";
When you go to In house events you don't need to get in touch with ad-coms in advance as they will be there. They are pretty much part of the people telling you what applications are all about.
When you go to conferences however, you don't get to meet them. Going is still a great way to show your interest in the school though. And it's also a great opportunity to network.
Let me know how it goes for you. 8-)
_________________

New Application Tracker : update your school profiles instantly!

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 72

Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 88

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Schools: LBS MIF '19
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 10:51
Hi all, with regards to the INSEAD application process, are there any conditions under which the application fees may be waived off? If so, what are the conditions to be satisfied? I was unable to find anything related to the fee waiver on INSEAD's site, hence posting the query here..

Thanks in advance!! :)

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jun 2017
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Location: India
Schools: Insead Sept'18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 05:43
In the Job Description essays, how many words are acceptable? In the admissions section, it only says "short answer"

Also, is crossing the word limit damaging?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 09:56
Interesting article: Do American companies hire from one-year MBA programs?

https://www.orieladmissions.com/single- ... A-programs

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 15:55
Hello there,

I am applying to INSEAD Sept 2018 start in the 1st round and would appreciate if I could get my profile evaluated here. Thanks much in advance!

Back ground: 27 Male from India. Canadian citizen
Education: B.Fashion Tech from NIFT Mumbai
CGPA: 7.2 on 10 scale. Have taken MBAmath program online with above average passing grades for each subject to boost my quant.
GMAT Score:700
Profession: Retail
Experience: 5 years

Current role:
I work with lululemon athletic in Vancouver on the R&D Product Development team as a Developer. My job includes working directly with Design in creating and managing the entire fashion line for a season from Sketch to Production. I travel internationally about 4 times a year and work everyday with vendors all across the globe. Have been on the team responsible for creating designs that contribute to multiple quarter over quarter comp increase.

Previous role:
Worked in the Quality and Development departments for other global vertical retailers based out of Vancouver, Canada.

Other work involvements:
Starting an independent apparel business in the luxury wear space by introducing a new fabric to the North American market.

Professional Achievements:
1) Designs I have worked on have bee implemented across the Design Line for my business unit and have contributed towards comp growth on specific categories: shorts, running jackets.
2. Mentored a young developer on my team for 6 months now. Considerable performance improvement in year end review has been attributed to my spending time with her on projects.

Extracurricular:
I have mentored grade 12 students for 2 consecutive years now on Entrepreneurship in a 6 city Venture challenge. This year, the team have made it to the semi finalist stage.
Have been on the Board for a Not for Profit Documentary film society managing Guest retention and helped plan the event structure for 2017.
I play the Sitar and am a road cyclist competing in local gran fondos.

International Exposure:
I have studied in India and worked mostly in Canada with 3-4 intention work ravel trips every year to Asia (China, Vietnam, Taiwan) and Middle East.
I have travelled to Shanghai and across multiple major cities in North America on personal trips. Have attended major International conferences on Tech.

Being from India I can speak/read/write Hindi and am plan on taking classes in French before the start of the program if admitted.

POST MBA: I plan on getting in a Strategy Merchandising role at either Nike or LVMH as both have good relationship with INSEAD. With my background in product creation, I see this as good fit and low risk for the career service department for the school.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 22:02
What are the benefits/drawbacks, if any, of the two campuses of INSEAD? I am confused about the choice between the two and don't have much information to make the decision.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
User avatar
S
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 3

Location: Philippines
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 04:40
Hi, has anyone submitted his application already?
I was wondering if the questions of the video essays are the same as the ones for previous intakes.
Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4484

Kudos [?]: 17019 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 04:41
crza wrote:
Hi, has anyone submitted his application already?
I was wondering if the questions of the video essays are the same as the ones for previous intakes.
Thanks!


I think they are the same questions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17019 [0], given: 1963

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 03:15
Can anyone advice me what should be the word count for the short answer questions, is there any word or character limit to the job and motivational essays.
Also can someone advice on how to proceed with the letters of recommendation, are there any good formats/ structure for this. I would like like to debrief my recommender before hand so that he has the time to prepare a well thought out description of me

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4484

Kudos [?]: 17019 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 07:06
Although I am not applying, but this is the advice that I got last year. Short answer should definitely be reasonably shorter than job and motivation essays. In terms of a ballpark, I'd recommend 200-250 words maximum.
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17019 [0], given: 1963

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 07:44
souvik101990 wrote:
Although I am not applying, but this is the advice that I got last year. Short answer should definitely be reasonably shorter than job and motivation essays. In terms of a ballpark, I'd recommend 200-250 words maximum.

thanks for the input Souvik!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

Location: Nigeria
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 05:52
Harshet wrote:
INSEAD is my first choice for the September 2018 intake and the only school I'm applying to in R1. Very nervous about my average academic record but scored a 730 on my GMAT (V50 Q39 AWA 5 IR 6). 6 years work experience, loads of extra curicular etc.

Will start preparing essays and other aspects of my applications ASAP. All the best to ones applying.


Hello, I don't know how bad your average academic record is but I doubt it's worse than mine :). I applied in R2 to the class of 18D, and got in. I did not mention or explain my poor undergraduate CGPA at all. I focused on highlighting my other strengths, made sure my essays and references were rock-solid, and used the Optional Upload to provide perspective on my performance as a Manager of Others.

As I got in, and then got a pretty good scholarship, I don't think it will hold you back. Focus on the other parts of the application, and best wishes!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 4

Location: Nigeria
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 05:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
Harshet wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Harshet wrote:
INSEAD is my first choice for the September 2018 intake and the only school I'm applying to in R1. Very nervous about my average academic record but scored a 730 on my GMAT (V50 Q39 AWA 5 IR 6). 6 years work experience, loads of extra curicular etc.

Will start preparing essays and other aspects of my applications ASAP. All the best to ones applying.


Hi! I am curious to know why you are applying to only one school!

Meanwhile it will be great to hear from last year's success stories. What worked for you guys: Calling Icecream87 !


INSEAD is my first choice of school. I don't want to apply to any other school in R1 for various reasons. Firstly this will help me concentrate only on my INSEAD application, which will help me focus and improve the quality of the essays, LORs etc. Secondly, if I were to apply to other schools which were lower down my pecking order and if I were to get an admit as well - all this while waiting on a decision for INSEAD - I would have to pay a confirmation fee to most schools while I'd still be waiitng on a reply from INSEAD, I don't want to be in a position where I pay another school a non-refundable confirmation fee of 7000 GBP or 10000 Euros and then get an admit from INSEAD. I'm basically throwing the kitchen sink at a prospective admit from INSEAD .

I know this sounds risky, but I'm really really inclined towards INSEAD. If I were to not get a call for an interview or a dinge mail after my interviews, I'd go all out in R2 and apply to all the other colleges I have on my list.

Does this make sense? Should I be change my strategy? Open to any contrasting views. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks!


I had exactly the same strategy. I'm no MBA Admissions expert but I think it makes sense given that you're very sure you want to attend INSEAD. If things don't work out with INSEAD, you will still have R2 to apply to other schools - and the work you have put in for INSEAD will not be wasted; the thinking you put into your essays will come in handy for your other applications.

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 4

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2017, 05:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 195 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.