Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Calling all Applicants(SEPT 2015 Intake)Class of 2016 [#permalink]
merryweather wrote:
MZAK wrote:
Thank you very much for these kind information ! Could you please tell me what is the status for Iranians ? How many are admitted till now and in which campus ?

Thanks again !

2 Iranians (1 in FBL and 1 SGP)

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
I am still contemplating whether to apply to INSEAD or not in the Jan 16 intake, deadline is on the 4th of March.
My doubt is that I have 0 international work experience. Although I have worked with clients from Australia and USA and team members from US, China and Australia, but still I am very skeptical seeing their requirement for the international exposure and one essay dedicated to this.

Can anyone help me arrive at a conclusion whether to apply or not apply?

Thanks,
Ankur
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
I am still contemplating whether to apply to INSEAD or not in the Jan 16 intake, deadline is on the 4th of March.
My doubt is that I have 0 international work experience. Although I have worked with clients from Australia and USA and team members from US, China and Australia, but still I am very skeptical seeing their requirement for the international exposure and one essay dedicated to this.

Thanks,
Ankur

Hi Ankur,
I am an admit for the 16J class. Looking at the introductions on our facebook group, 99% of the profiles have some sort of international work experience. There is also a video available on How to get into INSEAD. The admission consultant says that they have helped clients without international experience apply but all of them have received a rejection. A few were asked to reapply with international exposure. Adding salt to injury, the Indian applicant pool is significantly large. I would definitely recommend some international exposure before you apply.

Having said that I have seen one guy with no international experience. Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:

Thanks,
Ankur

Hi Ankur,

International exposure doesnt necessarily mean that you need to have worked abroad. If you decide to apply, you need to sell the idea that you are constantly exposed to different cultures in a professional environment, explain what sort of problems (culturally related) you have had and how you dealt with it. It would also be good to talk about what you have learned from this exposure.

I do agree with saurabhpshah that having lived and worked in different countries tremendously strengthen your profile, but I dont think it would be the only decisive factor if you can elaborate on your international exposure at work.

I also agree with the "adding salt to the injury" part. :)

cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:

Thanks,
Ankur

Ankur,
If I were to give you an honest advise, don't apply to INSEAD if you have no international work experience. This is one of their 'things', it's absolutely ridiculous about how strict they are about this... One possible exception to this though is if you have traveled to several international locations for prior schooling or business trainings and atleast 1-2 of them have been for a significant period of time... this way you can demonstrate your ability to fit in a multi-cultural environment...
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, PMP
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.53
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any Africans?

Nev wrote:
Stan17 wrote:
Nev wrote:
Hi guys!

Congrats to all accepted! Any Bulgarians in the group? I cannot find any in the MBA Connect yet.

Congrats! What are the latest totals on MBA Connect?
Thanks

I searched random countries and here are the totals I see at the moment:

Total: 291

American: 39
Indian: 38
Chinese: 23
French: 17
Brazilian: 14
Canadian: 12
Spanish: 10
German: 9
British: 9
Russian: 7
Singaporean: 7
Macedonian: 1
Bulgarian: 1 :(
Greek: 1
Croat: 0
Serbian: 0
Bosnian: 0

Let me know if you are interested in another nationality :wink:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:

Thanks,
Ankur

Appply! Worst case you will lose $299 and spend some time drafting essays.
Will you really drop Tepper if admitted to INSEAD? If not - dont apply.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
saurabhpshah lfbcunha devilbart PTK Thanks a lot for the advice. I talked to some people and did a bit of research and then decided not to apply.

PTK. If I would have applied and if I would have gotten through, then I would have dropped Tepper for it.
Too many "ifs" :D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
:clap: Its great to hear all the success stories! Good job and congratulations. :clap:
Did you guys employ the help of admission experts to help with your essays and prepare for interviews? Does this make a significant difference, and would you attribute your success to the same? :?:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Bookmarks
PramodGeorge wrote:
:clap: Its great to hear all the success stories! Good job and congratulations. :clap:
Did you guys employ the help of admission experts to help with your essays and prepare for interviews? Does this make a significant difference, and would you attribute your success to the same? :?:

I didn't use an admission consultant. I knew what I wanted to write about as soon as I saw the essay topics. I think the essay questions are set up such that if you are a good fit for the school, then you would know what to write. The hard part was only condensing them down to stay within the word limits.

I don't know how much you can prepare for the interviews. It really depends on your interviewers.

Speaking of interviews, thought I would share my experience:

My first one was a piece of cake. It was done over Skype and lasted about 15 minutes. She basically just asked "why INSEAD" and maybe a couple more questions along the same line. At the end she told me to get plenty of rest before school starts.

My second interview was an entirely different story. I had to answer the first few round of questions in gale-force wind and freezing rain while speed-walking in 3-inch stilettos (Dutch weather blows). The rest of the interview was done at a cafe, and there were questions like:

"What drives you?"
Idk. I'm not a car.

"What would you do if you had $100 million?"
... I don't even know what to do with the money in my bank.

"What do leaders do?"
"They lead?"
"Wrong."
"They inspire?"
"Wrong."
"They bring people together?"
"Wrong."
"Ok, I give up."
"They create leaders in others."
... okay. I believe you.

So with interviews... I think you kind of just have to wing it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
appleamily wrote:
PramodGeorge wrote:

I didn't use an admission consultant. I knew what I wanted to write about as soon as I saw the essay topics. I think the essay questions are set up such that if you are a good fit for the school, then you would know what to write. The hard part was only condensing them down to stay within the word limits.

I don't know how much you can prepare for the interviews. It really depends on your interviewers.

Speaking of interviews, thought I would share my experience:

My first one was a piece of cake. It was done over Skype and lasted about 15 minutes. She basically just asked "why INSEAD" and maybe a couple more questions along the same line. At the end she told me to get plenty of rest before school starts.

My second interview was an entirely different story. I had to answer the first few round of questions in gale-force wind and freezing rain while speed-walking in 3-inch stilettos (Dutch weather blows). The rest of the interview was done at a cafe, and there were questions like:

"What drives you?"
Idk. I'm not a car.

"What would you do if you had $100 million?"
... I don't even know what to do with the money in my bank.

"What do leaders do?"
"They lead?"
"Wrong."
"They inspire?"
"Wrong."
"They bring people together?"
"Wrong."
"Ok, I give up."
"They create leaders in others."
... okay. I believe you.

So with interviews... I think you kind of just have to wing it.

Whoa! Really? Especially with the question about leaders? :P Im sorry to doubt your reply! But really? :-D hahaha...so is it safe to assume that the interview is more of a casual, get to know you better kind of discussion or were they trying to gauge your level?
Also back to a question that was already discussed, was "international exposure" part of your interview? Because as per the replies on this thread, international exposure holds quite a bit of sway in your admissions. For someone who doesn't have any, does that mean admissions are a NO GO?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM