Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:02 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.

Hi !

Hope you're well. Submitted and now prepping for video interviews. Do you have any idea on the questions yet ? ;)

Arjun
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.

https://mbaprepcoach.com

Hi Farrell and other friends,

1) Is it possible that we see one of the practice questions in the real video interview?
2) If the number of questions is just 4, why INSEAD says that you need 30 minutes to complete it?

Tnx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Finished the interviews recently. Now for the most excruciating part, the WAIT! Any other Pakistanis out here who are in the same boat as me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Zainulabidin wrote:
Finished the interviews recently. Now for the most excruciating part, the WAIT! Any other Pakistanis out here who are in the same boat as me?

Not Pakistani but in the same boat as you! 3 more weeks *fingers crossed*
Still working on my scholarship essays

All the best !

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Expert Reply
arjund wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hi !

Hope you're well. Submitted and now prepping for video interviews. Do you have any idea on the questions yet ? ;)

Arjun
Hi arjun, Post Number 219 features a link to my blog where there is repository of all the video questions. Hope you got some prepfor that!

Send PM
Expert Reply
homaiooni wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hi Farrell and other friends,

1) Is it possible that we see one of the practice questions in the real video interview?
2) If the number of questions is just 4, why INSEAD says that you need 30 minutes to complete it?

Tnx
homaiooni same post as before refer to post number 219 the link to my blog all of the questions that I have knowledge of to date. I have to say I don't really know about the 30 minutes thing I've never done this myself.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
WE:Sales (Health Care)
Send PM
I received information that my application for round 2 is complete a couple of days ago. In contrast to what I was told at an MBA fair my PhD work experience in an English speaking research instituteb and a waiver confirming this was insufficient to prove my language capabilities. Thus, I had to do an English exam on short notice.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by PhileasFogg on 10 May 2018, 23:19.
Last edited by PhileasFogg on 13 May 2018, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
PhileasFogg OMG that sounds terrible! Sorry you had to go through that. But glad you got it sorted, I imagine you will still be considered for R2? What can we learn from this? Was it because you did not obtain a degree from that specific institution? I want to help clients avoid something like this.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Have the results for R1 started rolling out? Anyone received an admit/ rejection so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
gy88 wrote:
Zainulabidin wrote:

All the best !

Dear all,

After getting the interview invite, how much time will we have to do our interviews? Does it have a specific deadline for all applicants regardless of the time of invitation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Hello,
I am applying for R3 of Insead's Jan 2019 intake.
On the 'Exams Results' page of Insead's online application, it says "Please list all the GMAT scores you have obtained".
I took the GMAT two times, but the first time I canceled my score within 24 hours. My official GMAT report mentions the first score as 'C'. Should I still be mentioning the first attempt on the online application? Since I canceled the score, does it fit into the definition of all the scores I have obtained?
Kindly advise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
homaiooni wrote:
gy88 wrote:
Zainulabidin wrote:

All the best !

Dear all,

After getting the interview invite, how much time will we have to do our interviews? Does it have a specific deadline for all applicants regardless of the time of invitation?

homaiooni I'm not sure if a specific date is set for the deadline. In my case (R1), I was invited 17 April and final decision date is 25 May, my AO advised "You will need to have both interviews completed between now and mid- May.". My personal preference was to get it done with as soon as possible, my first one was a few days after the invite but the second interviewer was away for a couple of weeks so I ended up having the second interview end of last week, pretty close to mid-May guideline. I'm aware other AOs are more precise with a date. Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
muditasuri wrote:
Hello,
On the 'Exams Results' page of Insead's online application, it says "Please list all the GMAT scores you have obtained".
I took the GMAT two times, but the first time I canceled my score within 24 hours. My official GMAT report mentions the first score as 'C'. Should I still be mentioning the first attempt on the online application? Since I canceled the score, does it fit into the definition of all the scores I have obtained?
Kindly advise.

Your personal official report is slightly different to the version the school receive. To the best of my knowledge, cancelled scores need not be mentioned.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 3
Send PM
I'm hoping to apply for the final round (by August 2018) but I'm still pending my company sorting out funding for me...I wonder if I'm cutting it really close.

Anybody knows if they usually recycle their essays? Like if I were to look at their essay bank, would some of them probably be relevant or even identical to the ones we will be getting come June?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
WE:Sales (Health Care)
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach
Hi MBAPRepCoach, I assume it was rather a regulatory problem. In the requirements for INSEAD it is stated, that undergrad courses have to be taught completely in English, to be considered as proof of sufficient English language skills. Postgraduate education is not part of the exemption. I did my PhD years ago in Germany, albeit in an international 100% English-speaking research institution. According to the admissions officer I had on the phone, this is insufficient because INSEAD had made the experience in the past, that PhD-holders still did not exhibit sufficient command of the language.

In the end everything turned out fine, though. I was allowed to hand in my English exam score after the deadline and passed the exam with the maximum score :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ZF wrote:
muditasuri wrote:
Hello,
Kindly advise.

Your personal official report is slightly different to the version the school receive. To the best of my knowledge, cancelled scores need not be mentioned.

Thank you, ZF.
Along with reporting the scores in the online application, Insead also requires the test score report be attached in supporting document section. My official GMAT test score report has both the GMAT attempts mentioned (with the score for first attempt reported at 'C').
So if I choose to not report the cancelled attempt in the "Exam Results' page, my score report attached in the "supporting document' section would include it anyway. Would that be a problem?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PhileasFogg wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
Hi MBAPRepCoach, I assume it was rather a regulatory problem. In the requirements for INSEAD it is stated, that undergrad courses have to be taught completely in English, to be considered as proof of sufficient English language skills. Postgraduate education is not part of the exemption. I did my PhD years ago in Germany, albeit in an international 100% English-speaking research institution. According to the admissions officer I had on the phone, this is insufficient because INSEAD had made the experience in the past, that PhD-holders still did not exhibit sufficient command of the language.

In the end everything turned out fine, though. I was allowed to hand in my English exam score after the deadline and passed the exam with the maximum score :).

I have the same question/confusion-

I am currently preparing my application for Round 3 of Jan 2019 intake.
I have a Bachelors in Engineering and a Masters of Science degree from India (medium of education-English), and I also have a Masters Of Science degree from United States (medium of education-English).
Since all my education, in India and in US, has been completely in English, am I required to submit proof for English language proficiency?
If yes,what proof is required?
This question is in reference to the following language in the online application-

" If you have a university degree (a minimum of one full-time academic year with a diploma received from that host university) where all courses were taught exclusively in English (an exchange programme does not qualify), please send written proof that the language of instruction was English."

Kindly advice.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts