GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 23:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2014
Posts: 26
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2018, 14:47
tinyinthedesert wrote:
I'm working on my INSEAD application now and I have to say I find a fair bit of it a little....odd

- 30 words to cover anything more than a 2 month employment gap since high school? Vs other schools which give 200+ words for anything more than a 3 month gap since graduation. 30 words is one sentence, so I find it really insufficient.

- They want you to list all your full time positions but then only provide 5 boxes to fill in. Given that there are more older students at INSEAD than other schools, lots will have had more than 5 positions, so what's the deal here? Plus, do they really want to hear about the 15 different PA jobs I had in my pre-university gap year (I was a temp specialist). I can't imagine it's that relevant, but the application form is somewhat contradictory.

- I'm not struggling at all with essay 1 but the "how did these experiences impact your relationships with others" part of essay 2 is rather tricky. I can't say my professional achievements/failures have had too much impact on any of my personal relationships at all, so am going to have to put a slightly creative spin on this...less about relationships, more about interactions and business relationships Anyone know what they're actually looking for here?

Anyone else find the INSEAD form rather different to the applications to other schools?


-For the 30 words on employment gaps, I wrote short bullets/phrases to save space, not full sentences.

-Yes, I did find it odd that they gave so few lines for so much specific information they were asking on job history. I had to do group together positions at the same company to make it fit, then elaborated on my resume and in some of the essays.

-For your relationships with others, I interpreted that to include professional relationships with colleagues. It didn't even occur to me that this would refer to personal, non-work relationships.
VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1382
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2018, 19:45
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Posts: 2
Location: India
Schools: Cambridge"19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2018, 20:30
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Prasad10 wrote:
Hi all,

1. Is IELTS acceptable for INSEAD admissions?? Because as per website IELTS is mentioned as one of the acceptable tests however in application there is no provision to fill IELTS score..

2. What is the deadline for submitting recommendations???is it same as application deadline???
it is important to note that your recommenders can submit their online letters to us at their earliest convenience after receiving their links, and no later than 48 hours after the application deadline, to which you are applying.

Frequently Asked Questions - insead
PDFhttps://www.insead.edu › INSEAD_FAQ
SEE THIS RE IELTS it is ok

http://mbaprepcoach.com


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 10:54
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.



Hi !

Hope you're well. Submitted and now prepping for video interviews. Do you have any idea on the questions yet ? ;)

Arjun
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Iran (Islamic Republic of)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 00:31
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.

http://mbaprepcoach.com


Hi Farrell and other friends,

1) Is it possible that we see one of the practice questions in the real video interview?
2) If the number of questions is just 4, why INSEAD says that you need 30 minutes to complete it?

Tnx
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 02:28
Finished the interviews recently. Now for the most excruciating part, the WAIT! Any other Pakistanis out here who are in the same boat as me?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 34
Location: Singapore
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 22:14
1
Zainulabidin wrote:
Finished the interviews recently. Now for the most excruciating part, the WAIT! Any other Pakistanis out here who are in the same boat as me?


Not Pakistani but in the same boat as you! 3 more weeks *fingers crossed*
Still working on my scholarship essays

All the best !

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1382
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2018, 03:10
arjund wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.



Hi !

Hope you're well. Submitted and now prepping for video interviews. Do you have any idea on the questions yet ? ;)

Arjun
Hi arjun, Post Number 219 features a link to my blog where there is repository of all the video questions. Hope you got some prepfor that!

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1382
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2018, 03:12
homaiooni wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
How's everybody doing out there? I am exhausted. But still have 1 recommendation to edit tomorrow and then on to coaching candidates on the video questions.

http://mbaprepcoach.com


Hi Farrell and other friends,

1) Is it possible that we see one of the practice questions in the real video interview?
2) If the number of questions is just 4, why INSEAD says that you need 30 minutes to complete it?

Tnx
homaiooni same post as before refer to post number 219 the link to my blog all of the questions that I have knowledge of to date. I have to say I don't really know about the 30 minutes thing I've never done this myself.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Germany
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Sales (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 May 2018, 03:28
I received information that my application for round 2 is complete a couple of days ago. In contrast to what I was told at an MBA fair my PhD work experience in an English speaking research instituteb and a waiver confirming this was insufficient to prove my language capabilities. Thus, I had to do an English exam on short notice.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by PhileasFogg on 10 May 2018, 23:19.
Last edited by PhileasFogg on 13 May 2018, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1382
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 04:38
PhileasFogg OMG that sounds terrible! Sorry you had to go through that. But glad you got it sorted, I imagine you will still be considered for R2? What can we learn from this? Was it because you did not obtain a degree from that specific institution? I want to help clients avoid something like this.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 22
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 10:23
Have the results for R1 started rolling out? Anyone received an admit/ rejection so far?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Iran (Islamic Republic of)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 10:24
gy88 wrote:
Zainulabidin wrote:
Finished the interviews recently. Now for the most excruciating part, the WAIT! Any other Pakistanis out here who are in the same boat as me?


Not Pakistani but in the same boat as you! 3 more weeks *fingers crossed*
Still working on my scholarship essays

All the best !

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Dear all,

After getting the interview invite, how much time will we have to do our interviews? Does it have a specific deadline for all applicants regardless of the time of invitation?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.96
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 16:25
Hello,
I am applying for R3 of Insead's Jan 2019 intake.
On the 'Exams Results' page of Insead's online application, it says "Please list all the GMAT scores you have obtained".
I took the GMAT two times, but the first time I canceled my score within 24 hours. My official GMAT report mentions the first score as 'C'. Should I still be mentioning the first attempt on the online application? Since I canceled the score, does it fit into the definition of all the scores I have obtained?
Kindly advise.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2018, 03:51
1
homaiooni wrote:
gy88 wrote:
Zainulabidin wrote:
Finished the interviews recently. Now for the most excruciating part, the WAIT! Any other Pakistanis out here who are in the same boat as me?


Not Pakistani but in the same boat as you! 3 more weeks *fingers crossed*
Still working on my scholarship essays

All the best !

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Dear all,

After getting the interview invite, how much time will we have to do our interviews? Does it have a specific deadline for all applicants regardless of the time of invitation?


homaiooni I'm not sure if a specific date is set for the deadline. In my case (R1), I was invited 17 April and final decision date is 25 May, my AO advised "You will need to have both interviews completed between now and mid- May.". My personal preference was to get it done with as soon as possible, my first one was a few days after the invite but the second interviewer was away for a couple of weeks so I ended up having the second interview end of last week, pretty close to mid-May guideline. I'm aware other AOs are more precise with a date. Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2018, 03:58
muditasuri wrote:
Hello,
I am applying for R3 of Insead's Jan 2019 intake.
On the 'Exams Results' page of Insead's online application, it says "Please list all the GMAT scores you have obtained".
I took the GMAT two times, but the first time I canceled my score within 24 hours. My official GMAT report mentions the first score as 'C'. Should I still be mentioning the first attempt on the online application? Since I canceled the score, does it fit into the definition of all the scores I have obtained?
Kindly advise.


Your personal official report is slightly different to the version the school receive. To the best of my knowledge, cancelled scores need not be mentioned.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2018, 04:33
I'm hoping to apply for the final round (by August 2018) but I'm still pending my company sorting out funding for me...I wonder if I'm cutting it really close.

Anybody knows if they usually recycle their essays? Like if I were to look at their essay bank, would some of them probably be relevant or even identical to the ones we will be getting come June?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Germany
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Sales (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2018, 01:49
MBAPrepCoach
Hi MBAPRepCoach, I assume it was rather a regulatory problem. In the requirements for INSEAD it is stated, that undergrad courses have to be taught completely in English, to be considered as proof of sufficient English language skills. Postgraduate education is not part of the exemption. I did my PhD years ago in Germany, albeit in an international 100% English-speaking research institution. According to the admissions officer I had on the phone, this is insufficient because INSEAD had made the experience in the past, that PhD-holders still did not exhibit sufficient command of the language.

In the end everything turned out fine, though. I was allowed to hand in my English exam score after the deadline and passed the exam with the maximum score :).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.96
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2018, 16:27
ZF wrote:
muditasuri wrote:
Hello,
I am applying for R3 of Insead's Jan 2019 intake.
On the 'Exams Results' page of Insead's online application, it says "Please list all the GMAT scores you have obtained".
I took the GMAT two times, but the first time I canceled my score within 24 hours. My official GMAT report mentions the first score as 'C'. Should I still be mentioning the first attempt on the online application? Since I canceled the score, does it fit into the definition of all the scores I have obtained?
Kindly advise.


Your personal official report is slightly different to the version the school receive. To the best of my knowledge, cancelled scores need not be mentioned.


Thank you, ZF.
Along with reporting the scores in the online application, Insead also requires the test score report be attached in supporting document section. My official GMAT test score report has both the GMAT attempts mentioned (with the score for first attempt reported at 'C').
So if I choose to not report the cancelled attempt in the "Exam Results' page, my score report attached in the "supporting document' section would include it anyway. Would that be a problem?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.96
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2018, 16:30
PhileasFogg wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
Hi MBAPRepCoach, I assume it was rather a regulatory problem. In the requirements for INSEAD it is stated, that undergrad courses have to be taught completely in English, to be considered as proof of sufficient English language skills. Postgraduate education is not part of the exemption. I did my PhD years ago in Germany, albeit in an international 100% English-speaking research institution. According to the admissions officer I had on the phone, this is insufficient because INSEAD had made the experience in the past, that PhD-holders still did not exhibit sufficient command of the language.

In the end everything turned out fine, though. I was allowed to hand in my English exam score after the deadline and passed the exam with the maximum score :).


I have the same question/confusion-

I am currently preparing my application for Round 3 of Jan 2019 intake.
I have a Bachelors in Engineering and a Masters of Science degree from India (medium of education-English), and I also have a Masters Of Science degree from United States (medium of education-English).
Since all my education, in India and in US, has been completely in English, am I required to submit proof for English language proficiency?
If yes,what proof is required?
This question is in reference to the following language in the online application-

" If you have a university degree (a minimum of one full-time academic year with a diploma received from that host university) where all courses were taught exclusively in English (an exchange programme does not qualify), please send written proof that the language of instruction was English."

Kindly advice.
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) &nbs [#permalink] 14 May 2018, 16:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  26    Next  [ 520 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.