GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 20:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 07:10
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
nishantd88 absolutely include why insead in your goals essay, show how their program specifically will help you achieve your goals lock and key. And I also generally have clients go into details about how they want to contribute in the optional essay. Contribution is one of their main criteria yet they don't really have any questions that point to that specifically so it's a bit of a test.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Thanks for the response.

What according to you does the 'Ability to Contribute' stand for?
Is it contribution during the program, in class and outside, or contribution to the INSEAD community as an alum or is it about showing how the applicant has contributed to the past workplaces and other organizations he/she has been a part of?

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 07:16
nishantd88 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
nishantd88 absolutely include why insead in your goals essay, show how their program specifically will help you achieve your goals lock and key. And I also generally have clients go into details about how they want to contribute in the optional essay. Contribution is one of their main criteria yet they don't really have any questions that point to that specifically so it's a bit of a test.

Thanks for the response.

Is it contribution during the program, in class and outside, or contribution to the INSEAD community as an alum or is it about showing how the applicant has contributed to the past workplaces and other organizations he/she has been a part of?
This honestly pretty open-ended. Quite often I will have someone discuss how they have contributed to extracurriculars in the past and how that might translate over to their involvement with insead, other times I focus on more of their being instead of their doing...something about the unique perspective they will bring or skills they have as a team player. Just focus on how you will enrich the perspective and experience of your colleagues there. Consider how you are unrepeatable... and they need you or they're going to be missing out on XYZ

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 23:55
nishantd88 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
absolutely include why insead in your goals essay, show how their program specifically will help you achieve your goals lock and key. And I also generally have clients go into details about how they want to contribute in the optional essay. Contribution is one of their main criteria yet they don't really have any questions that point to that specifically so it's a bit of a test.

Thanks for the response.

INSEAD explains the 'Ability to contribute' so as to remove this ambiguity-
"We look for participants who can share the insights they have gained throughout their professional and personal experience. It is our belief that a substantial part of your INSEAD experience will be shaped by your interaction with your classmates and your active participation both inside and outside the classroom. As such, we welcome participants who are mature, energetic, highly motivated, well-rounded, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills."

So school is primarily looking for people who would be able to contribute to INSEAD community both inside and outside the classroom. But to demonstrate the same, you will have to provide instances from your work-place, previous academic institutions etc.

http://aidmit.com/

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com
We help you secure MBA Admit

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 09:57
Hello!

Anyone else applying in the Jan 2019 Intake final round?

Just did my video interviews, they went really badly, far worse than I could have imagined. Anyone else with bad video interviews, how did that affect the rest of your application?

Please share! Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 20:22
MrsB wrote:
Hello!

Just did my video interviews, they went really badly, far worse than I could have imagined. Anyone else with bad video interviews, how did that affect the rest of your application?

Please share! Thanks

Hello! I applied at round 2 for the Jan19 intake (but not joining at the end) and also had the impression that the interview went really badly.
I was so disorganised in making my point, repeating sentences, etc. However, I did get admitted at last and no reference was ever made to my video interview questions...so I would not worry.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2018, 04:47
giuliab3 wrote:
MrsB wrote:
Hello!

Please share! Thanks

Hello! I applied at round 2 for the Jan19 intake (but not joining at the end) and also had the impression that the interview went really badly.
I was so disorganised in making my point, repeating sentences, etc. However, I did get admitted at last and no reference was ever made to my video interview questions...so I would not worry.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I feel better hearing this! The waiting game begins!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 08:10
Hi MBAPrepCoach,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I plan to share update letters with my AO.

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of the movement on the waitlist for Jan'19 intake? Thanks in advance
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 08:28
MrsB wrote:
Hello!

Please share! Thanks

hi MrsB I am so sorry to hear this. Just wanted to post a link here for those who might need it.
Do you happen to remember the questions?
https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/07/insead-video-interview-questions-tips/

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 13:16
Hey,

Here is the experience shared by one of our waitlisted applicants, Hope it helps-
http://aidmit.com/index.php/2018/04/03/ ... aitlisted/

If it helps, it took him 2 months from the day he was waitlisted to the day he was extended an admission offer. If you refer to the above link, you would realize that there is no priority order or pattern in which waitlist would clear. It depends on your overall profile and profile of the seats being given up.

ravi1608 wrote:
Hi MBAPrepCoach,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I plan to share update letters with my AO.

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of the movement on the waitlist for Jan'19 intake? Thanks in advance

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 13:45
One quick update for waitlisted candidates-
Please refrain from providing frivolous updates to the adcom as it could only hamper your case.

Please refer to the complete list of updates that you could send after you are waitlisted-
http://aidmit.com/index.php/2018/04/03/ ... aitlisted/

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 01:11
Guys any whatsapp group for admitted students at INSEAD? Please let me know!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 08:50
Got admitted from waitlist today!! Very excited about starting at INSEAD!

I am a Round 2 applicant and my AO is IR
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 10:51
Admitted yesterday off of waitlist.
Round 1 applicant from Canada and my AO is EL.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 580 Q35 V31
GMAT 2: 600 Q39 V34
GPA: 2.7

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 10:59
pfs92 wrote:
Admitted yesterday off of waitlist.
Round 1 applicant from Canada and my AO is EL.

What does Area of Operations is EL mean...?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 11:02
AO = Admisson Officer
EL are their initials

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 13:26
Congratulations on your admit :)
admarisc wrote:
Got admitted from waitlist today!! Very excited about starting at INSEAD!

I am a Round 2 applicant and my AO is IR

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 13:51
Hi, I am still on the waitlist frim R1, anyone on the same boat as me? I haven't received any update since the first email..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 23:55
Admitted from waitlist 2 days ago!

Round 1 applicant, AO is EM

I'm based in HK and will start in Fontainebleau. Any other admits based in HK? let's meet up!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 23:58
jt334 wrote:

I'm based in HK and will start in Fontainebleau. Any other admits based in HK? let's meet up!

Hey congrats!!! Can you share what kind of updates you sent while you were on the waitlist?

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 00:16
nishantd88 wrote:
jt334 wrote:

Hey congrats!!! Can you share what kind of updates you sent while you were on the waitlist?

No, I didn't send any update
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) &nbs [#permalink] 10 Aug 2018, 00:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29    Next  [ 578 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap