Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [33]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants [#permalink]
All the best to all aspirants for the class of 2020 ! The application journey has begun and I am sure you will have an awesome learning experience throughout the application process. Remember, MBA applications are more about understanding yourself, your goals and your qualities than anything else. And, in case you need any help just DM me.

- Nishant

Admits - ISB (co 2019), McCombs - UT, Austin (co 2020), Kenan-Flagler -UNC (co 2020).
Joining - McCombs School of Business.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Send PM
Finally we have everything required for the application process!

I have updated the first post of this thread with all the details. Let me know if you guys want any more info added there

All the best ! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Hi,
Thanks for the post.
One query about R2 application, For R2 GMAT test will be taken before which date? I'm planning in Sept 1st week, is it valid?

Thanks & Regards:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mgundrapu wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the post.
One query about R2 application, For R2 GMAT test will be taken before which date? I'm planning in Sept 1st week, is it valid?

Thanks & Regards:

If you are planning to apply in R2, you can take the GMAT just before the R2 deadline I.e. 15th dec. But your application(along with all documents, recommendations) should be submitted on/before the R2 deadline

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
mgundrapu wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the post.

Thanks & Regards:

The latest you can take the GMAT before any round is the deadline of that round. So, for R1, you can take the GMAT latest by Sep 15, and for R2 by Dec 15. Report the unofficial score you will get from the test center in the ISB app, and have Pearson send your official scores to the school too, as they must be received within 15 days of each deadline.

In case you are on track for taking the GMAT by Sep 1st week, you can even plan to apply for Round 1, provided you can work on your application a bit beforehand.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
Here's my take on the essay topics for this year, based on my own experience of successfully applying to ISB.

Essay 1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same? (400 words max)

This essay is slightly differently worded this year but the crux remains the same. It is essentially asking you to list down your qualities, experiences, challenges, and learnings that makes you a valuable addition to the student pool. It's a wonderful opportunity for you to showcase your strengths ( or even the learnings from your shortcomings), but remember it shouldn't sound that you are bragging.

Essay 2: Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB's PGP can help you in achieving your goals? (300 words max)

This is the typical B-School 'Goals' essay. You should be fairly specific when answering this prompt. The key here is to form a logically coherent story that links your previous experiences to your post MBA goals with strong reasons for this linkage. Then you should clearly state what role does the school have in helping you achieve your goals.

I hope this helps you get started with the essays. For any further assistance just PM me !

All the best!

-Nishant

Admits -
ISB (co 2019),
McCombs - UT, Austin (co 2020) - 60% Scholarship ,
Kenan-Flagler -UNC (co 2020) - 75% Scholarship.

Joining - McCombs School of Business.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I have a query. If anyone applied last year and didnt get through (not even an interview), what would happen if they just applied this year as a first time applicant? What are the advantages and/or disadvantages (if any)? ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
chaitu2424 wrote:
I have a query. If anyone applied last year and didnt get through (not even an interview), what would happen if they just applied this year as a first time applicant? What are the advantages and/or disadvantages (if any)? ?

Hi chaitu2424, I would definitely not suggest that you apply as a first time candidate. It's not about advantages/disadvantages.

In other words, it's not a question of Strategy, but of propriety.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Kudos
ZenYogi wrote:
Are the essay question(s) out yet?

Hi ZenYoti, the essay questions are out.

Essay 1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same? (400 words max).

Essay 2: Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB's PGP can help you in achieving your goals? (300 words max)

Apart from this, re-applicants need to attempt a third essay on their profile improvement, since the last application.

You can read here about our essay analysis and approach to the essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Hi,

isb.edu-pgpmax-admissions-application-procedure
It mentions that two recommendations are required. Have they changed it to two this year?

P.S - Apparently, I can't post the link as I've less than 5 posts. You may edit it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
Send PM

!
Moderator Note: Sorry but we removed your post. This thread is for discussing application related stuff. You are welcome to post app updates, ask program/application related queries, get connected with fellow applicants here.

For profile evaluation, pls visit this topic.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... -1780.html

Hi Guys!!

Thanks for starting this post. I will be applying to ISB this time and below is my profile snapshot. Just wanted to check with you, how does my profile looks from ISB standpoint, much appreciate your reply.

Originally posted by ss1990 on 24 Jun 2018, 14:34.
Last edited by Narenn on 24 Jun 2018, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Mod warning
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Could anyone share the recommendation questions for this year? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Thanks ISBeacon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YoungIndian wrote:

Good question. What are the recommendation questions that the evaluator gets? Would be nice to prepare beforehand for what that dreadful link contains.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YoungIndian wrote:

I found this - Mostly 2016's recommendation questions for ISB. It may have changed or reduced for 2019.

ISB Recommendation Questions

Question 1: Under what circumstances and for how long have you known the applicant? (50 words maximum)
Question 2: Please rate the applicant's achievements when compared to those of his or her peers and mention the reference group with which you are making these comparisons. (100 words maximum)
Question 3: Please describe, in brief, situations where the applicant displayed signs of leadership abilities and team skills. (200 words maximum)
Question 4: Please mention two consistent strengths of the applicant and if possible provide instances where she/he demonstrated these strengths. (200 words maximum)
Question 5: Please indicate two areas where the applicant has shown learning and improvement which would add value to his application to the ISB. (100 words maximum)
Question 6: Please provide any other comments that you consider are relevant to the applicant's admission to the ISB, especially regarding the applicant's career in business/management. (200 words maximum)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [1]
Send PM