GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 23:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB announces Cycle 3 (deadline Jan 15, 2019) for PGP admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
ISB announces Cycle 3 (deadline Jan 15, 2019) for PGP admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 07:36
Top Contributor
Hello all,

ISB has just announced an additional intake round - Cycle 3 - with a deadline of Jan 15, 2019. This comes as a breather for applicants who could not aim for the original Dec 15, deadline as the last for ISB for the Class of 2020 (2019 intake), as it was supposed to be earlier.

The application fees for Cycle 3, however, has been increased to INR 7500, and the final offer decision will be made by March 5, 2019.

These details are as they stand now at the following link at the ISB website: https://www.isb.edu/pgp/admissions/admission-calendar

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.84
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Re: ISB announces Cycle 3 (deadline Jan 15, 2019) for PGP admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 08:03
This is good news.
Apart from additional fees would there be additional consequences?
Like no Scholarship opportunities or something? I was in a rush before but now I can breathe.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 13:23
Very interesting development. Third deadline is a first for ISB.

Any idea what may have prompted ISB to take this call?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Re: ISB announces Cycle 3 (deadline Jan 15, 2019) for PGP admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 15:51
Very happy to read this. It allows me to earn few more points on GMAT and then apply.

However, I am not sure what it means for a premium school to make so many last moment announcements. A tier 1 global school won’t do this, in my opinion.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 16:01
Mick1005 wrote:
This is good news.
Like no Scholarship opportunities or something? I was in a rush before but now I can breathe.

Was wondering about the same but there is no update on ISB website.

It still simply says 50% scholarships in round 1 and all full waivers in round 1.

No split for round 2, 3 mentioned. At least couldn’t find.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 20:36
Top Contributor
Mick1005 wrote:
This is good news.

As far as scholarships are concerned, there is no announcement on those yet, but of course, the amount of scholarships available to R3 applicants will be lower than what it would have been for Round 2, as Round 2 candidates will also get some (if not all).

Other than that, the number of seats in Round 3 will of course be smaller than what would have been there in the earlier Round 2. Therefore, we would advise that only those candidates who really need the Round 3 option should be taking it. This announcement, however, is a great relief for people who had given up hope of applying by Dec 15, and thought they would need to wait till next year.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 11:12
Though there's an update on the official website but the deadlines link on the portal still shows only uptil cycle-2. Tried calling them up, no response.

Anyone else tried confirming verbally?
Retired Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 11:23
Perhaps that is because it is still to be updated.
Mr. Aditya Atreya from admissions Team has confirmed it on one of the Telegram Groups.

If you still want to be sure, write a mail to ISB Adcom, inquiring about the same. They generally reply very quickly to the written communication.

BastianSchweiny wrote:
Though there's an update on the official website but the deadlines link on the portal still shows only uptil cycle-2. Tried calling them up, no response.

Anyone else tried confirming verbally?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 09:08
To be able to make it to round 3, latest by when one should be completing GMAT ? Can we apply with an unofficial score report?
Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 11:17
amins309 wrote:
To be able to make it to round 3, latest by when one should be completing GMAT ? Can we apply with an unofficial score report?

You will have to take the GMAT by Jan 15th.
And yes, you can submit the application with unofficial scores, but request PearsonVUE to report your official score to ISB by Jan 15th.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 11:21
How would that be possible. Meaning even if I decide to take the gmat 2 days before the deadline, say Jan 13th. PearsonVue will need at least 3 weeks as mentioned on their website to send the scores to ISB. Isn't it? So, how long after the deadline will ISB be accepting the official scores

Intern
Intern
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 11:27
amins309 wrote:
How would that be possible. Meaning even if I decide to take the gmat 2 days before the deadline, say Jan 13th. PearsonVue will need at least 3 weeks as mentioned on their website to send the scores to ISB. Isn't it? So, how long after the deadline will ISB be accepting the official scores

That's correct, but the date of reporting the scores is only considered.
IMO, if you report the score before the Jan 15th deadline, then ISB will accept the scores.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 11:29
Got it..Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 00:53
Ben471 wrote:
amins309 wrote:

IMO, if you report the score before the Jan 15th deadline, then ISB will accept the scores.

what if we submit on 15th January?
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 00:59
Top Contributor
rosedawson wrote:
Ben471 wrote:
amins309 wrote:

what if we submit on 15th January?

You can take the test even on the 15th of January, and submit the unofficial score you will get to complete your app and submit it. However, please keep the following in mind:
- You must still send the official score report to ISB and put in the date on which you have requested this in the ISB online app.
- Keep your app ready and note that the deadline is 6pm for the 15th.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 11:18
Is there a current WhatsApp group for applicants? If not can we start one for Round 3?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 11:35
Hi!Iam also an applicant to round 3. I have made a whatsapp group for updates.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CEud4XrrJ0mBEDfpU7AvA0

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB announces Cycle 3 (deadline Jan 15, 2019) for PGP admissions   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2019, 11:35

ISB announces Cycle 3 (deadline Jan 15, 2019) for PGP admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap