Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:16 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.12
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
ahumne wrote:
Hello fellow applicants,

Could you please evaluate my profile?

Profile:

1. GMAT Score - 720 (Q50V37)
2. Age - 27
3. Nationality - Indian
4. Work Experience - 4 years
5. Current Role - Project Manager
6. International experience - 8 Months Switzerland + 2 Months in Singapore
7. Positions of Responsibilities - College basketball team captain + Head of the Sponsorship team, Cultural fest
8. College - NIT Raipur
8. College GPA - 7.51, 12th - 89.2 % , 10th - 9.2 (Not sure if it's relevant now)
9. Immediate Post MBA goal - Tech Consulting

In my four years of work experience, first 8 months I supported my father in setting up a new business, 6 months worked in a startup as a business analyst and post that in a fortune 500 company. Even though I'm a Computer Science Engineer, I have always been interested in management roles. Hence, post-graduation I only sorted roles in this field. In my current role as a Project Manager, I'm working on a multi-million M&A project, which involves regular interaction with colleagues from over 50+ countries.

Thanks a lot!

Hey ahumne!

I would like to begin the profile evaluation with your academic background. While you have a decent GPA during your UG, your overall GMAT score of 720 works well in your favor and allows you to easily target ISB for the MBA program as more emphasis is always placed on your GMAT score and work experience.

Coming to your work experience, since MBA degrees require significant work experience, your 6 years of work experience ranging from working at your family to becoming a Product Manager would put you at par with other applicants. In addition, multiple awards and accolades for the commendable performance go on to vouch for the credibility of your skills. You have also mentioned international experiences, which prove to be a significant value addition to your profile as schools are on the lookout for candidates with a broadened perspective. That said, in order to further strengthen your profile, you can shed light on major projects worked on, how you have gone above and beyond the role, and any initiatives you’ve spearheaded during your professional experiences.

Moving forward to the extracurriculars, they also play an important role since schools are always looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles. Here you have highlighted some excellent leadership roles and involvement in a variety of activities. However, for the MBA degree, your most recent endeavors are taken into consideration. Given that it has been years since you participated in the activities mentioned earlier, I suggest highlighting some of your most recent achievements. In order to groom your profile, you can mention your involvement in any CSR activities carried out by your organization, or you can associate with any NGO and engage in volunteering work. In addition, you can also take up some additional certification courses to upskill yourself. This could further improve your profile and give you the required competitive edge.

Coming to the schools that you are targeting, based on the information you have provided, ISB will fall under the dream category with a 40 to 50% chance of acceptance.

That said, in order to hedge your bets wisely, I suggest you also target a few other dream and competitive schools for the MBA to hedge your bets. Here's a breakdown of the schools that you can target

Dream - INSEAD, LBS, ESADE, and ISE
Competitive - ESCP, ESSEC, Manchester, Warwick, and Imperial

All things considered, in order to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 5000+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you'd be consulted by a B-school alumnus who'd be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalising the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
Send PM
CrackAdmission wrote:
Hi ImChasmish,

While the length of your experience is at the sweet spot as far as ISB’s cohort is concerned, I couldn’t understand the quality of the experience since you haven’t mentioned where you have worked, in what roles, what sort of leadership experiences you have amassed, have you worked only in India or globally as well. From what you have described, it seems you have a genuine passion to add value to the communities or teams you have been associated with. This can be one of the highlights of your profile if are able to capture it in an impactful manner in your application.

To be honest with you, extracurriculars in school don’t really add a lot of weightage to your application. As far as your extracurricular interests in college are concerned, you should pick up 1 or at max. 2 aspects and try to bring your unique personality trait from it – you must be extremely focused on quality and not quantity.

Overall, with your current score, you will need to ace the rest of the components of your application and bring our how you will add value to the cohort to have a serious shot at ISB.

I am an ISB alum and have been guiding applicants in their admission journeys for last 5 years. Please feel free to reach out at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you want a more detailed discussion.

Cheers and all the best

Hi ,

Thanks for helping me understand what I can trim down and modify from my profile.
I am working in a MNC and working as a Quality Analyst for an in house trading application. I was the first person from my team here in India so I also was involved with training almost my entire team in the same application.I have worked in India only but my team is global(my team mates are based in Singapore,Japan,Hongkong and Australia).I have been awarded for my work multiple times and also been promoted last year.

If you don't mind could you elaborate further on what you mean by -leadership experience amassed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kindly see my profile and let me know my prospects -
Age/Sex/Nationality - 32/M/Indian
10th - 86.33 % (all subjects)
12th - 87.33 % (all subjects)
Graduation - B.Com ( Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra) - 1st Division 62.44 %
Chartered Accountant (2012 batch)
I am a practicing Chartered Accountant (self employed entrepreneur) with 9 years of experience, leading a team of 5 on an average at all times. I am based in Agra, so exposure has been limited to small scale businesses. Clients handled - about 100 each year.
GMAT - 660 (Q 49, V 31)
President of the social club - "Alliance Club International - Agra branch"
Certificates in singing, table tennis, elocution at school level.

Looking for admission in ISB. I am confused that with the above score and profile, will I be able to get into any ISB. Any suggestions and / or feedback is highly appreciated.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GRE 1: Q170 V162
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

GRE Score: 332[Quant:170 , Verbal:162]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Stanley College of Engineering and Technology for women affiliated to Osmania University(now autonomous) in 2018 with 77%.
H.S.C: secured 85.5% from Telangana Board in 2014.
S.S.C: secured 9.2/10 from Telangana Board in 2012.

Work Experience:
Working as a Software Engineer in Cyient for 3years(this august) and was an intern during my 4th year at Cyient (Jan-March and June-August)

Internship:
Job Responsibilities (Max 100 Char each):
1. Develop Shortest Path feature using an algorithm for I-CommsWorld, a product of Cyient
2. Developed and tested Mobile Applications, including animations and server-side integrations
3. Develop a robust workflow and workforce management integrated system
4. Improve system quality by identifying common issues and SOPs to address them
5. Provide knowledge transfer as and when appropriate

Initiatives and Achievements (Max 100 Char each):
1. Impressed with my performance, the management offered me a full-time position

Current Employment:
1. Design and develop test specifications and perform repeatable testing procedures and processes
2. Frequently liaise with the client and perform implementation and integration of agile activities
3. Participate in requirement gathering, analysis and documentation of various business scenarios
4. Develop custom tools on GIS Platforms using programming languages such as Java and Python
5. Develop an in-depth understanding of project scope i.e., timeframes, financials, outcomes etc

1. Delivered the 3GIS project worth $2.7lakh on time despite time and resource constraints
2. Received the Bronze award consecutively for 3 years for my contribution to various projects
3. Received the Associate of the quarter award for the Q1 FY 22
4. Received the title of “Distinguished Contributor”, the highest appraisal rating, 2 years in a row
5. Received 3 salary increments across 2 appraisal cycles owing to extraordinary performance

Extra-curricular participation & activities (50 Characters per activity)
Have written Conference Journal papers (3)
I have been played a role to host delegates during NAAC process at our engg college. Later on, I have been made Alumni member for IQAC Committee for my engg college as well as Industry advisor for Industry Interaction Cell in my college. I have been as a Guest Speaker at my college. Also, recently I was in organizing committee for 1st International Conference held in our Engg College associated with IOP Science.
I am integral part of the company’s CSR and CRT division,

Hobbies (200 Characters per hobby)
Hobby 1: Classically trained dancer in Andranatyam.
Hobby 2: Pencil Sketching, Art and Crafts (DIY for room décor). I also love cooking
Hobby 3: Playing Badminton and Table Tennis
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Mohit23 wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 670 [Quant:50 , Verbal:30, I.R.:8 , AWA:awaited]

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from IIT Jodhpur in Mechanical Engineering in 2017 with 9.1/10 Pointer.
H.S.C: secured 92.6% 2013 CBSE Board.
S.S.C: secured CGPA 10/10 CBSE Board 2011.

Work Experience:
Working as a Scientist/Engineer in VSSC/ISRO from last 4 years 3 months .

Extra Curricular:
Participated in National Level Competitions from College, Head Of Intra-college technical Fest and of inter-college technical Fest.

Hello Mohit,

Thank you for sharing your profile. I am an ISB alum, CO14 and have been assisting aspirants in their application journey since the past five years. Here is my evaluation based on your profile.

GMAT: Average.
ACADEMICS: Good. A B.Tech degree from an esteemed institute, ie IIT definitely gives you leverage.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Good
EXTRA CURRICULARS: Good

I do see some spikes in your profile- mostly to do with work experience with ISRO and education from IIT, however, while your academics and work experience strengthen your candidature, you might need to elaborate on your leadership experiences at VSSC and ISRO. You will also need to give a rational explanation on what you can contribute to an ISB classroom and what you intend to do post MBA.

When it comes to your GMAT scores, ideally, you would've required at least 20+ points to make the cut, however, you can compensate for that with a well articulated application highlighting your experiences in a story format. Also, becoming Head of college fests is often a common experience across applicants. Try to elaborate on the national level competitions that you participated in, if you have a passion for that or not.

ISB doesn't seem like a far off dream. A good resume, LORs and exceptionally well written essays might make the cut for you.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91- 9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion. Good luck.
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello ImChasmish

Your extracurricular activities will add weight to your profile and can help you stand out.
However, it is interesting to see that you have some 15 points around extracurriculars but barely a sentence around your work ex and nothing around your career goals.
I'd highly recommend that focus equally on brining out the depth of your work ex (career progress, achievements and impact at work) and tie it with clear and realistic career goals (and show a need for an MBA).

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

ImChasmish wrote:
Hi,

Please review my profile for ISB.

GMAT score-680(Q47,V35)
WORK EXPERIENCE- 4.5 yrs.
B.TECH from Vellore Institute of technology.CGPA=8.9.

Class 10 CGPA=10.
Class 12 %=91.6

Currently working as a Quality Analyst.

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AT WORK.
1.I have been part of various employee engagement networks and helped co ordinate many CSR(corporate social responsibility) programs
2.Was a part of the organising committee and helped to plan the Annual day celebration for all employees.
3.Was the face of the employee engagement network for my team and conducted many events to encourage team bonding.
4.Was a member of the suggestion committee and came up with ideas which helped other freshers(next batch) by reducing their settling in period.
5.Was responsible for training multiple new hires who joined the team.

EXTRA CURRICULAR IN COLLEGE
1.Part of Debate Society.
2.Part of the organising committee which conducted MUNs.
3.Was involved in graam seva program (food distribution campaign and cleanliness drive)started to help the nearby villages.
4.Acted in mythological plays.

EXTRA CURRICULAR IN SCHOOL
1.Willing and active participant in multiple charitable events,where I helped by collecting funds and spreading awareness.
2.School prefect.
3.Qualified to the divisional level of quiz competition conducted by India post.
4.Secured 93 rd and 99th position in the ALL INDIA GENERAL KNOWLEDGE EXAM for 2 consecutive years.
5.Acted in school plays.

Other hobbies include- travelling, cooking, reading and crafting.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Anchal270789

The CA and independent experience will help. Being a part of the social club also shows potential to build relevant stories for your application.
The GMAT however, is low for comfort and extracurricular during school will not add much weight unless you have continued to pursue some of these activities at a serious level.
Lastly, key to a successful application will be clear and realistic career goals, especially after your kind of background and experience.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

Anchal270789 wrote:
Kindly see my profile and let me know my prospects -
Age/Sex/Nationality - 32/M/Indian
10th - 86.33 % (all subjects)
12th - 87.33 % (all subjects)
Graduation - B.Com ( Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra) - 1st Division 62.44 %
Chartered Accountant (2012 batch)
I am a practicing Chartered Accountant (self employed entrepreneur) with 9 years of experience, leading a team of 5 on an average at all times. I am based in Agra, so exposure has been limited to small scale businesses. Clients handled - about 100 each year.
GMAT - 660 (Q 49, V 31)
President of the social club - "Alliance Club International - Agra branch"
Certificates in singing, table tennis, elocution at school level.

Looking for admission in ISB. I am confused that with the above score and profile, will I be able to get into any ISB. Any suggestions and / or feedback is highly appreciated.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello @me

Most elements in the profile work for you- good GRE score, extracurricular activities show great potential for storytelling, achievements at work are thought through and show measurable impact.
Most of these are strong enough to make you stand out in the large and competitive pool of software engineer applicants.
Would be interesting to know your career goals and how they fit with ISB.
Decent shot at receiving an interview invite as long as you present your work ex and career goals well.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

@me wrote:
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

GRE Score: 332[Quant:170 , Verbal:162]

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Stanley College of Engineering and Technology for women affiliated to Osmania University(now autonomous) in 2018 with 77%.
H.S.C: secured 85.5% from Telangana Board in 2014.
S.S.C: secured 9.2/10 from Telangana Board in 2012.

Work Experience:
Working as a Software Engineer in Cyient for 3years(this august) and was an intern during my 4th year at Cyient (Jan-March and June-August)

Internship:
1. Develop Shortest Path feature using an algorithm for I-CommsWorld, a product of Cyient
2. Developed and tested Mobile Applications, including animations and server-side integrations
3. Develop a robust workflow and workforce management integrated system
4. Improve system quality by identifying common issues and SOPs to address them
5. Provide knowledge transfer as and when appropriate

1. Impressed with my performance, the management offered me a full-time position

Current Employment:
1. Design and develop test specifications and perform repeatable testing procedures and processes
2. Frequently liaise with the client and perform implementation and integration of agile activities
3. Participate in requirement gathering, analysis and documentation of various business scenarios
4. Develop custom tools on GIS Platforms using programming languages such as Java and Python
5. Develop an in-depth understanding of project scope i.e., timeframes, financials, outcomes etc

1. Delivered the 3GIS project worth $2.7lakh on time despite time and resource constraints
2. Received the Bronze award consecutively for 3 years for my contribution to various projects
3. Received the Associate of the quarter award for the Q1 FY 22
4. Received the title of “Distinguished Contributor”, the highest appraisal rating, 2 years in a row
5. Received 3 salary increments across 2 appraisal cycles owing to extraordinary performance

Extra-curricular participation & activities (50 Characters per activity)
Have written Conference Journal papers (3)
I have been played a role to host delegates during NAAC process at our engg college. Later on, I have been made Alumni member for IQAC Committee for my engg college as well as Industry advisor for Industry Interaction Cell in my college. I have been as a Guest Speaker at my college. Also, recently I was in organizing committee for 1st International Conference held in our Engg College associated with IOP Science.
I am integral part of the company’s CSR and CRT division,

Hobbies (200 Characters per hobby)
Hobby 1: Classically trained dancer in Andranatyam.
Hobby 2: Pencil Sketching, Art and Crafts (DIY for room décor). I also love cooking
Hobby 3: Playing Badminton and Table Tennis
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '23 (S)
GRE 1: Q168 V153
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
Hey,

GRE Score: 321 [Quant:168 , Verbal:153]

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from IIIT Sricity in CSE in 2018 with 7.37/10 Pointer.
H.S.C: secured 93.9% 2013 State Board.
S.S.C: secured CGPA 9.8/10 State Board.

Work Experience: Nearly 4
Working currently as a Product Owner [product management] in Series B funded startup [2 years].
Software Developer for [2 years]

POST MBA INDUSTRY:

- Product Manager in any Tech firm

Current Job resp:
- Improve product by enhancing DevOps chain that includes CI/CD pipelines, Artifact Management,
Release cadence, Pull Request workflows, Code Review rules. Ownership of the product, support the
definition, prioritization, and development of CI/CD and release automation products for enterprise
SaaS developers who create custom software for Salesforce

- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to identify and
deliver new product solutions and enhance existing ARM application. Develop and execute detailed
product roadmaps using Agile methodology.

- Partner with Design and Engineering teams on design concepts and product iterations. Leverage beta
testing, data analytics, and user research to identify and experiment with new formats and measurement
methods to improve performance.

- Own product strategy, including go-to-market plans, positioning, and messaging. Evangelize product
vision to key stakeholders using customer research, data analysis, performance metrics, and use cases
to build consensus

Extra Curricular:
- Won 1st in Hackathon organized in our firm and 2nd in intra college hackathon back in college. Both on developing products.
- Part of the placement committee in IIIT sricity
- Part of the college fest as Finance core
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi all,
Does anyone have any idea whether interviews are happening online or face-to-face for ISB PGP Admissions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone,

10th - 8.8 CGPA (CBSE)
12th - 80% (Commerce without maths) (CBSE)
Undergrad - 8.21 CGPA (Bachelor of Business Adminstration from Christ University, Bangalore)
GMAT - N.A (would be taking it next year)

Total Work ex - 16 months

Professional Experience:

1. Worked as a Learning Consultant for Great Learning from June, 2020 to March 2021 for about 10 months. The role was of Inside Sales where I had to call prospective leads and counsel them to take up the course. This was a client facing role

Programs: PG Certification Program in Strategic Digital Marketing | Stanford Executive Education Design Thinking: From Insights to Viability

● Driving inquires & admissions for two online learning programs for the international & domestic markets
● Managing sales life cycle by identifying & generating 120 leads daily to achieve targets & streamline selling process
● Counselled and enrolled 35 professionals via calls, emails & 1:1 interaction to suggest courses for career progression
● Updating & maintaining daily MIS reports for giving strategic feedbacks to marketing team for further improvements
● Generated a turnover of approx. 30 lakhs for the company over a period of 10 months

Awards:
● Certificate of Achievement for achieving highest number of enrollments for the months of September and October, 2020

2. Currently, working as an Operations Associate with Kingfish Group which is a middle market private equity firm based out of SF. My role involves handling the entire back-end of the firm i.e databse updation, signing NDA's, finding out prospective leads, maintaining and building relationships with executives for getting potential deals, updating the contact info of executives to be contatced, logging email outreach etc. (Mostly back-end work, not front facing) - 6 months (as of October 2nd, 2021)

Extra - Curricular Achievements:

College Level -
● Core team member of the Christ University Management Alumni Association (CUMAA)
● Class Representative of 'BBA F' for the 6th semester
● Mentor and student trainer for 1st year students in the art of Resume and Letter Writing
● Volunteered for the Hospitality department for Esprit 2017 - The flagship event of the Department of Management Studies
● Placed amongst the ‘Top 10’ in Human Resources for Thrive 2017 – The Launchpad

Represented the department's official theatre and cultural team 'Zealous Productions' in various national level fests:

● Symbhav – Symbiosis Law School, Pune, 2020
● Autumm Muse – St. John’s College, Bangalore, 2019
● Malhaar – St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, 2019
● Riviera – VIT Vellore, 2019
● Revelation – SIBM Bangalore, 2018
● Darpan – Christ University, 2017

School Level -

● Awarded "Extreme Gamer" - St. Peter's College Cultural Fest, 2016
● Awarded “Outstanding Speaker” - Indian International Model United Nations, Agra Chapter, 2015
● Winner of the Inter-School English Debate competion, 2014

Social Work -

Volunteered at the Spastics Society of Karnataka for 3 months as part of my unergrad degree requirements and:

● Assisted 5 physically & mentally disabled children by organizing games, writing activities & cultural events
● Drafted 2 daily reports & interacted with 4 teachers & doctors to learn about coping mechanisms of disabilities
● Visited 1 NGO with 5 fellow members to teach arithmetic & grammar via fun activities to 30 underprivileged children
● Presented our learning via a report infront of a panel of 3 professors of the University

Post MBA Career Goals -

Consulting (MBB) preferably. That is why I want to target ISB and other top schools

Questions:

Q1. I understand my work ex. is below the minimum threshold for admission into ISB. Please, do provide me tips on how I can further improve my profile and maximse my chances, any help would be appreciated

Q2. I feel my acads are below average to crack ISB and maybe, MBB firms also in the future. Please do advise on how I can compensate this? Should I increase my social work ex. or do some financial courses?

Q3. Please advise me on the kind of 'safe' score I should aim for when giving the GMAT?

Thank You!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi experts,

Please review my profile for ISB PGP intake of 2022, Class of 2023. I'll be applying in Round 2.

Age - 28 years, Male, Indian

Academic details -
GMAT Score - 710 ( Q48 V39) - 1st attempt - Sept 21'
Professional Qualification - Chartered Accountant (1st attempt at all levels) (2015)
Undergrad Degree - B Com Hons (78% - Distinction) from Hansraj College, Delhi University (2013)
Class 12 - 94.4% (CBSE) 2010
Class 10 - 91.8% (CBSE) 2008

Professional Experience -

Post CA qualification - EY India [May 2016 - till date]
1. 5.5 years (65 months) as of September 2021 in Mergers and Acquisitions Tax in EY India - currently a Manager
2. Promoted twice (to Senior Consultant in Oct 2019) and to Manager (in Oct 2020)
3. Assisted in tax structuring and implementation for various transactions in Indian listed companies and MNCs(buybacks, mergers, IPO advisory, secondary share sale transactions for PE funds, India tax advisory, transactions involving Special Purpose Acquisition Companies etc.)
4. Worked directly with a Director and a Partner on key assignments

CA Articleship - Deloitte India [9 months]

Extra-Curricular Activities
1. Awarded scholarship by EY to pursue an International tax diploma
2. Addressed a seminar on M&A tax for a gathering of CA's and Lawyers
3. Acted as a knowledge training facilitator for a week-long session for technical onboarding for new consultants in EY
4. Active member of the National Service Scheme in college - assisted in pest control drives etc.
5. Hobbies include playing squash, table tennis and chess.

Short Term and Long term goals
- Short term - I want to move into strategy/ core consulting.
- Long term - Ascend to a senior level strategy/ M&A role in industry/ core consulting role where I play an enabling role for businesses, with a focus on startups .

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if I need to work on/improve anything (including my GMAT score).
Also, any tips/advice while filling the application/writing essays would be highly appreciated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GRE: 320 (155V 165Q)

B.Tech in ECE: 8.16/10 from Banasthali
12th: 90.6% CBSE
10th: 10/10 CGPA

Work EX: 32 months in the telecom industry

Extracurriculars: national level: volunteered for Teach for India and two other NGOs, Danced with 1300 folk dancers at World Culture fest.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 238 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
boingoing wrote:
Hi please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GRE: 320 (155V 165Q)

B.Tech in ECE: 8.16/10 from Banasthali
12th: 90.6% CBSE
10th: 10/10 CGPA

Work EX: 32 months in the telecom industry

Extracurriculars: national level: volunteered for Teach for India and two other NGOs, Danced with 1300 folk dancers at World Culture fest.

Hi boingoing, Banasthali is a great brand and your academics look very decent.

The only thing that does worry me about your profile is your GRE score. Please see if you can pump that score up by around 3+ points. If not possible, go ahead with this score.

You've not mentioned anything about your goals. They obviously need to be thought thru.
--
Regards,
Ashish.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 238 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
DarshNathSegal wrote:
Q3. Please advise me on the kind of 'safe' score I should aim for when giving the GMAT?

Hi DarshNathSegal, there is nothing like a safe score, but you should be ideally targeting 710+; the higher, the better.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello koushikgampala

Work experience shows good potential, especially how you have touched upon key achievements/impact at work.
Post MBA goals are also organic and realistic.
If you can tie these together strongly in your narrative you will have a decent shot.
However there are a few concerns too.
The GRE is just slightly below comfort level considering your IT background.
Extracurricular look dated, do you have anything in the recent past? (Most university level activities do not add much weight to the application unless the achievements are stellar)

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

koushikgampala wrote:
Hey,

GRE Score: 321 [Quant:168 , Verbal:153]

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from IIIT Sricity in CSE in 2018 with 7.37/10 Pointer.
H.S.C: secured 93.9% 2013 State Board.
S.S.C: secured CGPA 9.8/10 State Board.

Work Experience: Nearly 4
Working currently as a Product Owner [product management] in Series B funded startup [2 years].
Software Developer for [2 years]

POST MBA INDUSTRY:

- Product Manager in any Tech firm

Current Job resp:
- Improve product by enhancing DevOps chain that includes CI/CD pipelines, Artifact Management,
Release cadence, Pull Request workflows, Code Review rules. Ownership of the product, support the
definition, prioritization, and development of CI/CD and release automation products for enterprise
SaaS developers who create custom software for Salesforce

- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to identify and
deliver new product solutions and enhance existing ARM application. Develop and execute detailed
product roadmaps using Agile methodology.

- Partner with Design and Engineering teams on design concepts and product iterations. Leverage beta
testing, data analytics, and user research to identify and experiment with new formats and measurement
methods to improve performance.

- Own product strategy, including go-to-market plans, positioning, and messaging. Evangelize product
vision to key stakeholders using customer research, data analysis, performance metrics, and use cases
to build consensus

Extra Curricular:
- Won 1st in Hackathon organized in our firm and 2nd in intra college hackathon back in college. Both on developing products.
- Part of the placement committee in IIIT sricity
- Part of the college fest as Finance core
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Ab92home

Quite a balanced profile. ISB will evaluate your candidature on 4 factors-

1) Academics- these look decent with your CA background, strong past scores and at par GMAT score.
2) Work experience- CA is always a strong work ex in terms of showing measurable impact, brand on the CV is strong too. Will be your strength.
3) Diversity- Your work profile brings in some diversity anyway. Extracurricular seems to show potential to add further to your diversity (if presented well in the application)
4) Career Goals- seem to show clarity of thought and look realistic.
You stand a good chance of receiving an interview invite if you tie all of the above well in your essays.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Ab92home wrote:
Hi experts,

Please review my profile for ISB PGP intake of 2022, Class of 2023. I'll be applying in Round 2.

Age - 28 years, Male, Indian

Academic details -
GMAT Score - 710 ( Q48 V39) - 1st attempt - Sept 21'
Professional Qualification - Chartered Accountant (1st attempt at all levels) (2015)
Undergrad Degree - B Com Hons (78% - Distinction) from Hansraj College, Delhi University (2013)
Class 12 - 94.4% (CBSE) 2010
Class 10 - 91.8% (CBSE) 2008

Professional Experience -

Post CA qualification - EY India [May 2016 - till date]
1. 5.5 years (65 months) as of September 2021 in Mergers and Acquisitions Tax in EY India - currently a Manager
2. Promoted twice (to Senior Consultant in Oct 2019) and to Manager (in Oct 2020)
3. Assisted in tax structuring and implementation for various transactions in Indian listed companies and MNCs(buybacks, mergers, IPO advisory, secondary share sale transactions for PE funds, India tax advisory, transactions involving Special Purpose Acquisition Companies etc.)
4. Worked directly with a Director and a Partner on key assignments

CA Articleship - Deloitte India [9 months]

Extra-Curricular Activities
1. Awarded scholarship by EY to pursue an International tax diploma
2. Addressed a seminar on M&A tax for a gathering of CA's and Lawyers
3. Acted as a knowledge training facilitator for a week-long session for technical onboarding for new consultants in EY
4. Active member of the National Service Scheme in college - assisted in pest control drives etc.
5. Hobbies include playing squash, table tennis and chess.

Short Term and Long term goals
- Short term - I want to move into strategy/ core consulting.
- Long term - Ascend to a senior level strategy/ M&A role in industry/ core consulting role where I play an enabling role for businesses, with a focus on startups .

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if I need to work on/improve anything (including my GMAT score).
Also, any tips/advice while filling the application/writing essays would be highly appreciated
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  231   232   233   234   235  ...  307