It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 11:11

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg vs LBS vs INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kellogg - LBS - INSEAD

• 41% [41]
  • 24% [24]
  • 33% [33]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
Kellogg vs LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 07:01
Hi everyone!

I would like anyone who has time to give me their $.02 on this dilemma of mine.

I've been accepted on the 3 school on the title, being INSEAD my first choice historically.

I would like to know your insight, I have a tech background, from LATAM and would like to make a transition to work in Consulting. I got to love both 3 of them, and don't think location of LBS would be a factor vs atmosphere in Kellogg and INSEAD. I would like to work in Europe (Non EU for the moment, but I might get the passport by the end of the MBA). Having said that, I would prefer to work in Europe, but recognize the US' economy is and will be healthier for years to come (+ I wouldn't mind working in the US).

I understand the differences with the 3 schools, and recognize that for some the choices would be weird (I see Kellogg and INSEAD similar for culture, community, and opportunities, but loved the LBS culture and setting as well), but nonetheless would like to know everyone's thoughts, and specifically answer the question: how hard do you think it is to find a job from LBS or INSEAD in the US, in the case that the job market gets worse in Europe when I graduate

PS I'd like to push to the december intake at INSEAd for an intership, and have been told it is a possiblity.

Thank you all!

Manager
Manager
B

Re: Kellogg vs LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 08:00
Hey,

I don't know wether I asked the wrong question, but would really appreciate an insight on this.

Thanks!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 69 [1], given: 36

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 02:02
This post received
KUDOS
Obvioulsy my pick would be LBS but im kinda biased now...! :-D

I think you have a couple of key questions here - Do you know you definitely want to do consulting post MBA - cause that INSEAD MBA will be over in a flash - If you do then great its a year less working meaning you can start paying the debt off a little quicker. If not then the longer Kellog and LBS programs might give you the benefit of doing the internship before really getting down to applying for full time roles - or even a few internships at LBS..?

Location - if your desire is really for EU then I would always advise at least be on the continent so INSEAD and LBS over Kellogg. If you dont mind whichever then i'd say there was no real winner. In Europe where would you want to work? If on the continent then INSEAD has an advantage, in London then LBS has an advantage.

How important is developing that network? Over two years at kellogg/LBS you will have longer to really build a network with classmates - at INSEAD you will get that opportunity being in the middle of a forest but the class size is double kelloggs and LBSs and classmates will be moving between Singapore and France mid year.

You've got three great schools there to choose from - I'd normally always say 'location location location' and 'go with the gut' so if you had always desired INSEAD then I'm sure you'll have a blast there and will give you a very strong opportunity for MBB in Europe.

Kudos [?]: 69 [1], given: 36

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 09:57
Hey thanks so much for the time you took to answer me.

I re read my message and it seems difficult to give an opinion since I am neutral in so many aspects, but I am leaning towards LBS because of A) Europe, B) City C)Vibe with the school, but it is always a tough choice.

There's a huge chance we'll be seeing each other, thanks again!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 11:05
It seems like you have decided on location which is Europe then I would go with INSEAD.

But on a pure consulting decision I would go for Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 04:37
zero722 wrote:
It seems like you have decided on location which is Europe then I would go with INSEAD.

But on a pure consulting decision I would go for Kellogg

Thanks for your answer! I'd like to ask you what do you think of recruiting in the US from INSEAD or LBS in that case. I know it's tougher, but if you could just give me your view on how tough it is, that'd be great.

Also, INSEAD is a monster on Consulting, why would you choose Kellogg?

Thanks.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 54

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 22:07
Definitely Kellogg.

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 54

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 67

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 08:43
I'd love to know the final update on this beautiful journey you've taken :)

Regards,
Vishnu

Regards,
Vishnu

Article --> http://www.topmba.com/blog/could-mba-degree-be-way-forward

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 08:49
vishnuns39620 wrote:

Regards,
Vishnu

INSEAD! tremendously happy I did. Am in Chicago right now doing an internship and must say Kellogg's campus is amazing as well.

Let me know if you want to know something.

Best.

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 06:51
This post was
BOOKMARKED
rtbs15 wrote:
vishnuns39620 wrote:

Regards,
Vishnu

INSEAD! tremendously happy I did. Am in Chicago right now doing an internship and must say Kellogg's campus is amazing as well.

Best.

That's awesome, I'm so glad you feel that way! :) I am applying to a few M7 schools given my interest in Non-Profit/Social Sector Consulting and Entrepreneurship, but I'm also struggling with how to value/include EU schools based on this.

Would you have any advice/inputs on the non profit consulting, and the entrepreneurship strengths of EU schools? It'd be a huge help to have your thoughts - thanks!

Regards,
Vishnu

Regards,
Vishnu

Article --> http://www.topmba.com/blog/could-mba-degree-be-way-forward

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 23:25
rtbs15 wrote:
vishnuns39620 wrote:

Regards,
Vishnu

Best.

Hi - great to know you are doing well!! I am in a similar situation you were earlier. How easy was it to transition into consulting? Do you think 10 months was an issue to get placed in the US/Europe into MBB? How competitive is it in INSEAD to get that spot?

Thank you for your help!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 20:25
I would go with Kellogg in this case (and my views may be biased as I am a current Kellogg student :-) )
Going through your situation you're not absolutely convinced if you wish (and can) to work in EU or in the US. To my best understanding getting a job in US after LBS/INSEAD can be considerably difficult. There are number of reasons for that, most important being the visa issues. Even if you do an exchange in Kellogg still it would be substantially difficult to get a job in US. On the flip-side, Kellogg MBA would still be well recognised in EU ( at least better than what LBS/INSEAD will be perceived in US). Hence, Kellogg will will give you access to more opportunities, from a career standpoint. Of course, there are other factors to be considered here such as culture of school, long-term goals, personal reasons, $$ etc. but since these are subjective, I would leave them to you!

Hope that helps.

Best,
Rohit

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
B

Kellogg vs LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 02:58
Rohit6 wrote:
I would go with Kellogg in this case (and my views may be biased as I am a current Kellogg student :-) )
Going through your situation you're not absolutely convinced if you wish (and can) to work in EU or in the US. To my best understanding getting a job in US after LBS/INSEAD can be considerably difficult. There are number of reasons for that, most important being the visa issues. Even if you do an exchange in Kellogg still it would be substantially difficult to get a job in US. On the flip-side, Kellogg MBA would still be well recognised in EU ( at least better than what LBS/INSEAD will be perceived in US). Hence, Kellogg will will give you access to more opportunities, from a career standpoint. Of course, there are other factors to be considered here such as culture of school, long-term goals, personal reasons, $$ etc. but since these are subjective, I would leave them to you!

Hope that helps.

Best,
Rohit

Hi, another biased view for future applicants (I started this thread and chose INSEAD over Kellogg and LBS).

I went to France, got an internship in VC in the US, got the offer and I am now working in Europe. While it is true INSEAD is not "street known" (if you're talking to someone in a bar people won't have a clue), I'd argue that as a general rule people who hire know what it is, so wouldn't quite name it as a big issue.

I'd say biggest difference is that US MBAs allow students to stay and work for a year after graduation. So from INSEAD, getting a job in the US will mean more hustling from your side (except you're going for consulting, which will probably make it the same anywhere), but it is definitely possible. In my experience, INSEAD was highly regarded by the people who hired me.

On the opposite example, I'd say it is equally hard, and it will demand the same hustling from your side, as the US schools don't make big efforts to attract European recruiters (again leaving consulting away from this). So for concrete, global company example: Amazon the US -> you'll find more Kellogg guys / Amazon in EU -> You'll find more INSEAD guys.

So brushing up:

-If you want to be in the US, don't make your life harder and go to Kellogg
-If you want to be in EU/UK, don't make your life harder and go to INSEAD
-If you want to do MC, pick whatever you like best cause if you're good enough you'll get the office you like
-If you are picking what you like, I just don't get how you wouldn't choose INSEAD, where you can do Singapore, France Abu Dhabi and/or US all in one year. What a spectacular year! I want to go back! (Of course I am not biased :lol: )

Kellogg vs LBS vs INSEAD   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 02:58

Kellogg vs LBS vs INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap