GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 11:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg waiving test requirements for Round 3! Is it worth to apply ?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Kellogg waiving test requirements for Round 3! Is it worth to apply ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 13:39
Received below from Kellogg for round 3 application. Is it worth to apply ???

To say that we're in the midst of widespread change is an understatement. And we understand — having spoken with thousands of people in your shoes over the years — that this might affect your decision to apply to business school.

We also know that the online options for the GMAT and GRE that became available recently do not accommodate everyone and present the added challenges of studying in a crunched timeline.

Your goals matter, and nothing about the disruption you are experiencing — from changes in your career path to difficulty in accessing testing centers — should hold you back. To that end, we will now waive the GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IELTS requirement on our Full-Time MBA application throughout the rest of Round 3. The rolling deadline remains in place through June 1.

I've published a post that goes through the details on Inside Kellogg. I encourage you to read it and contact us with further questions via MBAadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu or (847) 491-3308.

My team and I want you to get to the other side of this disruption, look back, and feel good that you made the right decisions for your future. We wish you well during these trying times and are eager to support you as you move forward throughout the application process.

Regards,

Kate Smith '98

Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.73
Re: Kellogg waiving test requirements for Round 3! Is it worth to apply ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 13:47
Maybe the admissions consultants can offer a more detailed answer, but I would say that in the absence of a GMAT/GRE score, your undergraduate GPA will be the main data point on your application and under closer scrutiny...so if your GPA is well above the class average and in a quant-heavy major, I'd say go for it!

If you have a lower GPA though, I'd guess the absence of a standardized test score on your application might actually hurt you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg waiving test requirements for Round 3! Is it worth to apply ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 04:01
Just a basic one - what's stopping an international applicant from applying to this round, getting accepted and then deferring to next year (as lets say he/she is probably not going to have enough time to get a visa sorted)? Like I wasn't really planning on applying until R1 for most schools later this year but it seems to me like I have literally nothing to lose if I try applying to R3 for Kellogg this year?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 04:25
gilly11 wrote:
Just a basic one - what's stopping an international applicant from applying to this round, getting accepted and then deferring to next year (as lets say he/she is probably not going to have enough time to get a visa sorted)? Like I wasn't really planning on applying until R1 for most schools later this year but it seems to me like I have literally nothing to lose if I try applying to R3 for Kellogg this year?

Well if you don't get in R3 and plan to re-apply in R1, you're going to have only a few months to show a substantial improvement in your profile for your re-application essay
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 06:53
gilly11 wrote:

I think I read somewhere that they are allowing international admits (assuming unable to secure visas) to do one of two things:

1. Attend classes online until they can secure a visa.

2. Withdraw application for this cycle to have it transferred over to R1 for class of 2022. The application fee would be waived and you would only have to provide an "update" essay much like a re-applicant.

So, it doesn't look like they are allowing deferrals (maybe on a case-by-case basis, who knows).

So I'm not sure it would be any advantage for you to apply now vs applying in R1 if you already know you will be deferring no matter what. Now, if you don't have a problem attending classes online for maybe a semester, I'd say it's probably worth it to apply now! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 07:40
Hello, I just want to know being an International Student, am I eligible to apply in Round 3 for Kellogg 2Yr MBA program ??

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 13:08
pppppppqqq wrote:
Hello, I just want to know being an International Student, am I eligible to apply in Round 3 for Kellogg 2Yr MBA program ??

Posted from my mobile device

pppppppqqq

"International candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by the Round 1 or Round 2 deadline" but you can still apply.

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pr ... dates.aspx
B
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2020, 11:35
Hi All,

Did anyone applied without GMAT ???
If yes, Please share your insights ...!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 06:06
Yes, I have applied in R3 without GMAT score last week. Not heard about interview yet. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I just went for it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg waiving test requirements for Round 3! Is it worth to apply ?   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2020, 06:06

Kellogg waiving test requirements for Round 3! Is it worth to apply ?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293