GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 07:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Manhattan CAT Scoring Technique

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Manhattan CAT Scoring Technique  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 07:23
I gave the Manhattan GMAT Test 1 a few hours ago and scored a 710(V38,Q49). The review section of my attempt had a "%ile est." column which I am assuming displayed my recalculated percentile after each question. While reviewing the test, I noticed that my estimated percentile was very high in the last few questions, almost 99%ile, in both the sections but dropped significantly in the last 3-4 questions.

My Verbal Percentile was 98 at 32nd questions but dropped to 85 ultimately since I got 33,34 and 36th question wrong. For Quant, my percentile was 96 at the 30th question and dropped to 76 since I got 31st question wrong.

I had read that the last few questions don't affect our GMAT score significantly. But here it seems like a very different case! Can I expect something similar on the actual GMAT? Or is it something different about the algorithm used by Manhattan only?

I have 4 more days for GMAT Exam. Wish me luck! :D
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Reviews Badge
Re: Manhattan CAT Scoring Technique  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 21:20
ayushman98 - Please focus on your timing strategy. It's a common phenomenon among test-takers to rush through the last few questions and ultimately getting them all wrong, resulting in a steep score drop. You should always focus on getting the last 3-4 questions correct; typically, these questions are easy on both the section and reward test-takers who have ample amount of time to solve those questions successfully and finish the test strong. All the best for your test.

New to GMAT Club? Start with the study plan!
Should I retake GMAT? Retaking GMAT Strategies!

What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 09:03
Hi Ayushman98,

Have you taken any recent official GMAC practice exams?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 23:21
ayushman98 wrote:
I gave the Manhattan GMAT Test 1 a few hours ago and scored a 710(V38,Q49). The review section of my attempt had a "%ile est." column which I am assuming displayed my recalculated percentile after each question. While reviewing the test, I noticed that my estimated percentile was very high in the last few questions, almost 99%ile, in both the sections but dropped significantly in the last 3-4 questions.

My Verbal Percentile was 98 at 32nd questions but dropped to 85 ultimately since I got 33,34 and 36th question wrong. For Quant, my percentile was 96 at the 30th question and dropped to 76 since I got 31st question wrong.

I had read that the last few questions don't affect our GMAT score significantly. But here it seems like a very different case! Can I expect something similar on the actual GMAT? Or is it something different about the algorithm used by Manhattan only?

I have 4 more days for GMAT Exam. Wish me luck! :D

Welcome to gmat club ayushman98
Its better to take gmat prep test and analyse, No one have complete idea about gmat algorithm
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Manhattan CAT Scoring Technique   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2019, 23:21

Manhattan CAT Scoring Technique

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep