It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 09:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My GMAT Experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 61

Schools: ISB '18, IIMA PGPX"18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
My GMAT Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2017, 06:51
I have been preparing for GMAT from last 3-4 months and used materials from GMATClub, Veritas, Manhatten, Magoosh etc. I prepared my exam strategy during reading the test material. Later I improvised them based on my experience during mock exam. I was scoring in the range of 660-690. Then for a final check, I wrote GMATPrep and scored 720. That was the signal that I was ready for my GMAT experience. I scheduled my exam and then continued to prepare for it.

I followed below study pattern before my exam

2 Weeks before scheduled exam
Write at least 2 full length Mock test
Review Mock exam result
Learn from your mistakes

1 Week before scheduled exam
Write at least 1 full length Mock test
Review Mock exam result
Learn from your mistakes
Study notes from previous preparation

1 day before scheduled exam
Study notes from previous preparation
Stay Relaxed

Exam day
I reached 45 mins before the scheduled time. I had scheduled it for 2pm so that I dont have to worry about getting early in the morning. I had good 8-9 hours sleep. I had light breakfast at 8.30 am and later light lunch at 12.30pm. I stayed as much relaxed as possible. In between I had quick glance at my important notes.
The registration process like hand print, e-signature etc were quite simple. I was handed 5-6 markers and GMAT notepad. I was taken to my desk and exam assistant logged in and started my exam page. I verified my personal details and read all instructions. I also selected 5 programs of my choice. And then it began.
First came AWA. I was well prepared. I read the argument and prepared my notes in the computer notepad itself. After 5 mins, I started to write the essay and stopped when 7 mins were left. I proof read it and submitted my essay. As my notes were on the computer notepad itself, I didnt have to take my eyes off the computer.
Then came IR. I read and got stuck at 1st question. Later I recovered and answered few questions and skipped 1 question in between. Overall I finished 1-2 minutes before the defined 30 mins.
Then it was time for break. I highly recommend taking the break. During the break, I relaxed myself and never thought about what I did but only focused on what to do in Quant.
After the break, the quant section started and I started answering questions and kept on moving. I had set 3 mental break (at the interval of 25 mins) to check my speed. If I am around question 12 or above then I am well on target. If below, then I need to rush. Fortunately in all 3 mental break, I had completed 12 or more questions. I submitted the final answer and was happy to take the next break.
Then it was time for final break. I highly recommend taking the break. Again, I relaxed myself and never thought about what I did but only focused on what to do in Verbal.
After the break, the verbal section started and I started reading and answering questions. Again, I had set 3 mental break (at the interval of 25 mins) to check my speed. If I am around question 14 or above then I am well on target. If below, then I need to rush. Between 2 and 3 mental break, I was lagging. I had to rush to complete the remaining questions. I had to read and answer questions faster than I had anticipated. Somehow I managed to finsh on time to avoid penalty.

Score
Then came my score which I was partially happy to see. Q48, V38 (Overall 700), AWA 5.5 (from official score, 7 days later) and IR3

Please share your questions and I will be happy to help.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 61

Magoosh Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 17

Reviews Badge
Re: My GMAT Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 19:36
Hey,

I am preparing for E-MBA and aiming for 700+ score. Any suggestions on single material set that will help me. I am unable to source and prepare from multiple places due to work.

Thanks in Advance

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 17

Re: My GMAT Experience   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2017, 19:36

My GMAT Experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: EMPOWERgmatRichC, ydmuley, bb

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap