Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5138 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Need help to improve VERBAL Score [#permalink]
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi mmiiee.

To develop a clearer understanding of how best to prepare for GMAT verbal and achieve your verbal score goal, you could begin by reading these two posts, which discuss in detail key aspects of how to prepare for GMAT verbal.

Now, regarding your situation, I see that, on your profile, you have GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34. So, is it the case that you took the GMAT on a previous occasion and scored 34 on verbal?

Also, how have you scored on verbal on official practice tests?

Hello Marty,

Thanks for your revert, what you see on my profile is one of my mock test scores.

I have taken all the official mocks except for the last one in the series, my range on verbal has been V 28-V34 on mock test.

Practise material - I have already covered all the OG and Advance OG questions on VERBAL

Lemme know how to understand the area of improvement and work towards it.

I'm ready to give 4-5 hours of preparation everyday or more need be.

Thanks
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5138 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Expert Reply
mmiiee wrote:
Hello Marty,

Thanks for your revert, what you see on my profile is one of my mock test scores.

I have taken all the official mocks except for the last one in the series, my range on verbal has been V 28-V34 on mock test.

Practise material - I have already covered all the OG and Advance OG questions on VERBAL

Lemme know how to understand the area of improvement and work towards it.

I'm ready to give 4-5 hours of preparation everyday or more need be.

Thanks

The information on your ESR indicates that you have opportunities to increase your score in Geometry and Counting/Sets/Series in quant and in all areas of verbal. So, I think your move is to work on those aspects of quant in addition to learning more SC concepts and working on verbal in general.

To improve in verbal, you could read those two posts I shared to develop better overall understanding of how to increase your verbal score and then find some new resources from which you could learn the SC concepts that you need to know and effective strategies for answering verbal questions.

Once you've learned the concepts and strategies, you need to practice in effective ways to become skilled in applying the concepts and strategies. So, be sure to practice as discussed in the post on verbal practice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Dear mmiiee,
my verbal score is similar to that of your. I tried different ways of preparation: I read the Manhattan guides and other materials, but these books did not bring me the visible result. The issue is that reading the materials and learn from them are two different things. Thus, to improve my verbal score I have started to employ the TTP service, because its well structured study plan and unique approach already have helped me to ameliorate my quant score. I have not consummated the Verbal part yet, but what do I say is that its curriculum, not only covers all general materials but also provides step by step guide to hone the acquired knowledge. Furthermore, I have found answers to some SC questions that were not disclosed in the Manhattan guide such as inner and outer list, delayed subject, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ross '21 (A$)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Hi,

As I was trying to raise my verbal score, I encountered this issue as well, thus I would love to assist you. FYI, I retook the GMAT to raise my overall score, but my verbal score was mostly low. I engaged in the following activities at this time:

1. Assess your verbal section strengths and weaknesses first.

2. SC was my area of verbal strength. Therefore, SC questions took up less of my allotted time each question on average.

3. I used this opportunity to spend more time on difficult CR questions, followed by RCs, which in any case required more time from my end because my initial reading and answering pace was really slow.

4. The more time-consuming CR and RC questions weren't all difficult. I noticed that I was steadily improving my accuracy and my proficiency with them.

Practice, Strategize, Excel...
Hope it helps!
GMAT Club Bot