GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Feb 2019, 18:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Algebra Webinar

February 17, 2019

February 17, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Attend this Free Algebra Webinar and learn how to master Inequalities and Absolute Value problems on GMAT.
  • Valentine's day SALE is on! 25% off.

February 18, 2019

February 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

We don’t care what your relationship status this year - we love you just the way you are. AND we want you to crush the GMAT!

Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 17:06
EmilyTy wrote:
Hi everyone! Emily from MN here. I am 28 (graduated from undergrad in 2012) and have been working full time for the last 7 years since graduating. I have been putting off studying for and taking the gmat for a few years now. I officially bought my Manhattan Prep guides and books a little over a year ago. Finally decided to crack down on this. So far I took a 3 hour online class and a 7 hour foundations of math class through Manhattan Prep and took my first practice CAT today - didn’t do very well at all, scored 490 :/ but hoping this will improve vastly over the coming weeks!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi and welcome!

Good luck on your journey. You don't have to take classes, you can just dig into the books. the key is NOT to stretch it out to a year or even 6 months but keep going!
P.S. I doubt you would get very far in Verbal if you took quant classes or even in quant if all you put in is 10 hours.... say saying :roll:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 17:31
Hi Everyone!
I am Shubhamkar,24, from Mumbai, and I am planning to give the GMAT latest by July this year. Currently I am working in an architecture firm for the past 1.5 years and am aiming for mba class of 2022 for the top schools in Canada.

One of my major concerns is how do I crack GMAT without having a core engineering background, or atleast the quant part.
Another being, how many architects actually pursue MBA, or how lucrative is it for them. Personally, I want to switch fields early on.

Hoping to gather useful insights from all the people in this community and would like to contribute in return as well. Looking forward to the discussion.
Thank you.

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 20:34
SMS402 wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I am Shubhamkar,24, from Mumbai, and I am planning to give the GMAT latest by July this year. Currently I am working in an architecture firm for the past 1.5 years and am aiming for mba class of 2022 for the top schools in Canada.

One of my major concerns is how do I crack GMAT without having a core engineering background, or atleast the quant part.
Another being, how many architects actually pursue MBA, or how lucrative is it for them. Personally, I want to switch fields early on.

Hoping to gather useful insights from all the people in this community and would like to contribute in return as well. Looking forward to the discussion.
Thank you.

Welcome. Anyone can get into Business Schools. You don't need any background besides a college degree. GMAT tests high school math - as long as you have attended a high school, you will succeed!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Director
Director
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 20:37
GMAT, normally, test simple types math not calculus types math. So, don't worry man.
SMS402 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Thank you.

“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 02:07
Hi to everyone
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 00:26
Hello! I'm new to the forum, hoping to learn something new here. And will meet many people in the same field
Best regards
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.04
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 20:51
Hi all, thanks for the awesome forum bb. My story is no different from many on this forum i gave my first practice and got 550, I have been studying for one month and dont feel confident if I am making any progress. I am foxussing on knowledge building and trying new strategies. I need help in verbal as my quant is 44 and with more practice i know I can bring that up but Verbal is stuck on 20. Any help is apprecited. Thanks

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 21:05
Hello All,
I am a digital marketer and I am here to give advice on career.

Digital marketing refers to advertising delivered through digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps. While this term covers a wide range of marketing activities,

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2019, 21:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 208 posts ] 

Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap