GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 23:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.79
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 10:45
I am Laxmikant Tripathi from India. I am chartered accountant. I just started with my GMAT studies. I gave Common aptitude Test ( CAT) this year in India but it didn’t go well. Here I would like to find study buddy with whom I can stick to my plan. I have 1 and half year work ex in audit firm. Articleship work ex of 3 year in both tax and audit.

I have few question -

1) which classes to go for . It’s really confusing. Do I really need classes I scored around 90% percentile in CAT .

2) what are the study material to refer.

3) will my articleship work ex get counteded for mba application.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 10:16
Willmore wrote:
Hello from Delaware!

Welcome to GC! GMATCLUB is a wonderful platform and "one stop for all your needs". Make best use of this resource.

When are you planning to take the test?

All the best in your prep!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 00:37
Welcome all
V
Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 08:57
Laksh128 wrote:
I am Laxmikant Tripathi from India. I am chartered accountant. I just started with my GMAT studies. I gave Common aptitude Test ( CAT) this year in India but it didn’t go well. Here I would like to find study buddy with whom I can stick to my plan. I have 1 and half year work ex in audit firm. Articleship work ex of 3 year in both tax and audit.

I have few question -

1) which classes to go for . It’s really confusing. Do I really need classes I scored around 90% percentile in CAT .

2) what are the study material to refer.

3) will my articleship work ex get counteded for mba application.

Hey Laksh128

Welcome to GC! GMATCLUB is a wonderful platform and "one stop for all your needs". Make best use of this resource.

Coincidently I am also a CA but I have never prepared for CAT. 90 percentile seems to be a good score. I understand that relatively you ight not have got call letters from the top ten. That's why you feel that you did not score well. Having said that if you are able to crack 90 percentile in GMAT, and you have amassed relevant work ex then you would have a profile seeked by almost all B-Schools.

If you need any guidance then you may PM me. When are you planning to take the test?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 03:19
Hello everyone,
I'm Leon Nelson, I recently joined this forum. This forum is cool to share knowledge and to get information. So I hope to find out good friends, and I find this community is highly attractive.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 03:29
My name is Ketrin,
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 06:30
Greetings everyone! I'm new here & just starting to look around. Have a good day everyone ! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 05:15
i am new on the forum , iam very happy to join here
Director
Director
V

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 10:41
thebuyiptv wrote:
i am new on the forum , iam very happy to join here

When are you planning to take the test?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jan 2019, 10:22
Happy New Year Buddies!

I'm not so new at GC, but just have come faced with this page :)
I'm Gaukhar, from Kazakhstan. 2 month ago started my preparation to GMAT, currently doing SC preparation (first one). GC has helped me a lot with my study plan and with clearence of all my doubs (related to any question about GMAT)
I am happy because such wonderful place excists, where any person on the MBA path can get any source of information and help!!!
May this year all of you achive your target scores and bschools of your dreams!

Thank you for your support GC!

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

Originally posted by GKomoku on 31 Dec 2018, 23:36.
Last edited by GKomoku on 16 Jan 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 23:39
Welcome and Happy New Year everyone!!!

Good luck with your prep and don’t forget about free gmat club tests in 1.5 hrs as a part of our Free Tests on Holidays program . (Make sure you do your review within 24 hrs or access will be restricted to questions in Jan 2nd US pacific time).

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...

Discover Your Admit Options with Decision Tracker Filters!
Director
Director
V

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 10:15
bb wrote:
Welcome and Happy New Year everyone!!!

Good luck with your prep and don’t forget about free gmat club tests in 1.5 hrs as a part of our Free Tests on Holidays program . (Make sure you do your review within 24 hrs or access will be restricted to questions in Jan 2nd US pacific time).

Happy New Year bb

Nice initiative!!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 10:17
Hi,

Really excited to be a part of this forum, I am looking forward to all the knowledge and information I can get from here.

I have given my gmat in 2017, managed to score 750 (q50 v42) and I now am looking to go for MBA in the US. Batch of 2020.

I have a work experience of 2.5 years after college, in college I was part of Redbull for another 2 years.

My profile is mostly towards marketing and currently I am doing product management at MakeMyTrip.

Can you please help me out with how should I go about selecting/short listing colleges. And what exactly should I see and which colleges can be my realistic options?

Thank you so much for the help!!

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 15:56
Hi everyone! Emily from MN here. I am 28 (graduated from undergrad in 2012) and have been working full time for the last 7 years since graduating. I have been putting off studying for and taking the gmat for a few years now. I officially bought my Manhattan Prep guides and books a little over a year ago. Finally decided to crack down on this. So far I took a 3 hour online class and a 7 hour foundations of math class through Manhattan Prep and took my first practice CAT today - didn’t do very well at all, scored 490 :/ but hoping this will improve vastly over the coming weeks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 07:23
Hey. I am new to the forum. Glad to join. I would be glad to meet interesting people and find friends.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 18:06
EmilyTy wrote:
Hi everyone! Emily from MN here. I am 28 (graduated from undergrad in 2012) and have been working full time for the last 7 years since graduating. I have been putting off studying for and taking the gmat for a few years now. I officially bought my Manhattan Prep guides and books a little over a year ago. Finally decided to crack down on this. So far I took a 3 hour online class and a 7 hour foundations of math class through Manhattan Prep and took my first practice CAT today - didn’t do very well at all, scored 490 :/ but hoping this will improve vastly over the coming weeks!

Hi and welcome!

Good luck on your journey. You don't have to take classes, you can just dig into the books. the key is NOT to stretch it out to a year or even 6 months but keep going!
P.S. I doubt you would get very far in Verbal if you took quant classes or even in quant if all you put in is 10 hours.... say saying :roll:

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '22
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 18:31
Hi Everyone!
I am Shubhamkar,24, from Mumbai, and I am planning to give the GMAT latest by July this year. Currently I am working in an architecture firm for the past 1.5 years and am aiming for mba class of 2022 for the top schools in Canada.

One of my major concerns is how do I crack GMAT without having a core engineering background, or atleast the quant part.
Another being, how many architects actually pursue MBA, or how lucrative is it for them. Personally, I want to switch fields early on.

Hoping to gather useful insights from all the people in this community and would like to contribute in return as well. Looking forward to the discussion.
Thank you.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 21:34
SMS402 wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I am Shubhamkar,24, from Mumbai, and I am planning to give the GMAT latest by July this year. Currently I am working in an architecture firm for the past 1.5 years and am aiming for mba class of 2022 for the top schools in Canada.

One of my major concerns is how do I crack GMAT without having a core engineering background, or atleast the quant part.
Another being, how many architects actually pursue MBA, or how lucrative is it for them. Personally, I want to switch fields early on.

Hoping to gather useful insights from all the people in this community and would like to contribute in return as well. Looking forward to the discussion.
Thank you.

Welcome. Anyone can get into Business Schools. You don't need any background besides a college degree. GMAT tests high school math - as long as you have attended a high school, you will succeed!

VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 21:37
GMAT, normally, test simple types math not calculus types math. So, don't worry man.
SMS402 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Thank you.

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 01:26
Hello! I'm new to the forum, hoping to learn something new here. And will meet many people in the same field
Best regards
Re: Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2019, 01:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 255 posts ] 

Newbies: Introduce Yourself Here!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep