GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 19:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Notre Dame ($) vs Broad ($$) vs Smeal ($$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 75% [3]
  • 0% [0]
  • 25% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Notre Dame ($) vs Broad ($$) vs Smeal ($$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Nov 2019, 00:39
Hi guys, I have an admit from the following schools (mentioned in the order of my preference):
1. Uni of Notre Dame for the MBA/MSBA dual degree program with ~60% fellowship
2. MSU Broad with ~75% scholarship
3. Penn State Smeal with a full tuition waiver and an additional monthly stipend.

Post MBA goals: I have around 5 years experience of handling plant operations in India and want to go into operations/supply chain management role. I'm also interested in consulting but have no previous work ex in such role.
I'm also concerned whether my plant operations work ex will actually be considered by employers hiring for supply chain role after my MBA.
Also, I'm interested in business analytics which is offered only by Notre Dame among the list mentioned above and I'm really interested in pursuing the dual degree course not only because it has STEM designation but it also opens a lot of employment opportunities after my MBA.

My questions:
1. How shall I pitch to Notre Dame/Broad to give me more funding?
2. Which is better in terms of employment for internationals? Broad or Smeal?
3. Operations and supply chain is new for Notre Dame. So I'm thinking of taking up consulting as my major. Will having no work ex in consulting deter my chances of getting a job?
4. I really wanna go to Notre Dame but my expenses are going to be high there and financing my MBA plays a major role in my decision. What should I do?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Please pour in your suggestions to help me choose.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by ssonesh on 21 Nov 2019, 22:10.
Last edited by sjas31 on 22 Nov 2019, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
Created Poll
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Notre Dame ($) vs Broad ($$) vs Smeal ($$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2019, 00:53
Hi ssonesh ..
I have created a poll in your post to let users to quickly give their opinion.

Many Congratulations for 3 Admits and each one with Scholarships. We do not see such cases often. Great Job!! :thumbup:
You made me confused :roll: Here is my point of view:

I would take a school which will help me in achieving my future goal, bigger alumni network and career advancement. I left the cost matter because it is not worth to go to a school which gives you full ride and unable to help in achieving your goals. I can clearly see you are inclined towards Notre Dame because you know ;) that this school can help you in future goal.

I would recommend to pitch for more scholarships in N.D. (I can't suggest you how). Talk with Loan providers if the agreement with them suits you, then go for it. In case you don't get the funds, then look for other two schools. All the best.
ssonesh wrote:
Hi guys, I have an admit from the following schools (mentioned in the order of my preference):
3. Penn State Smeal with a full tuition waiver and an additional monthly stipend.

Post MBA goals: I have around 5 years experience of handling plant operations in India and want to go into operations/supply chain management role. I'm also interested in consulting but have no previous work ex in such role.
I'm also concerned whether my plant operations work ex will actually be considered by employers hiring for supply chain role after my MBA.
Also, I'm interested in business analytics which is offered only by Notre Dame among the list mentioned above and I'm really interested in pursuing the dual degree course not only because it has STEM designation but it also opens a lot of employment opportunities after my MBA.

My questions:
3. Operations and supply chain is new for Notre Dame. So I'm thinking of taking up consulting as my major. Will having no work ex in consulting deter my chances of getting a job?
4. I really wanna go to Notre Dame but my expenses are going to be high there and financing my MBA plays a major role in my decision. What should I do?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Please pour in your suggestions to help me choose.

Thanks!

Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 19:09
sjas31 wrote:
Hi ssonesh ..
I have created a poll in your post to let users to quickly give their opinion.

Many Congratulations for 3 Admits and each one with Scholarships. We do not see such cases often. Great Job!! :thumbup:
You made me confused :roll: Here is my point of view:

I would take a school which will help me in achieving my future goal, bigger alumni network and career advancement. I left the cost matter because it is not worth to go to a school which gives you full ride and unable to help in achieving your goals. I can clearly see you are inclined towards Notre Dame because you know ;) that this school can help you in future goal.

I would recommend to pitch for more scholarships in N.D. (I can't suggest you how). Talk with Loan providers if the agreement with them suits you, then go for it. In case you don't get the funds, then look for other two schools. All the best.
ssonesh wrote:

My questions:

Thanks!

Hey sjas31,

Thanks for creating the poll and your suggestions. But after speaking to people from Mendoza, Broad and Smeal, I'm leaning more towards Broad or Smeal as job opportunities are better for SCM in these schools compared to Mendoza.

The problem is that Broad is supply chain heavy whereas recruiters come to Smeal for marketing and SC consultancy roles as well. So I'll have more options there. On the other hand, internship stats are better this year for Broad.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 20:39
ssonesh wrote:
Hey sjas31,

Thanks for creating the poll and your suggestions. But after speaking to people from Mendoza, Broad and Smeal, I'm leaning more towards Broad or Smeal as job opportunities are better for SCM in these schools compared to Mendoza.

The problem is that Broad is supply chain heavy whereas recruiters come to Smeal for marketing and SC consultancy roles as well. So I'll have more options there. On the other hand, internship stats are better this year for Broad.

It is great that you have done further research. I am sure you will be able to choose now. Good luck for your new journey :)
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Notre Dame ($) vs Broad ($$) vs Smeal ($$$)   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2019, 20:39

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste