Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V157
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V157
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: OG2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rx10,

Studying for the GMAT now - far in advance of when you'll actually "need" your Score (for the Round 1 deadlines) - is a smart choice. Since the 730+ Score is approximately the 96th percentile, you'll have to keep making smart choices about how you proceed with your studies. It sounds as though you have put in some significant study time since your last practice CAT - and if that's the case, then you should plan to take a NEW CAT sometime soon (perhaps this weekend). Make sure to take the CAT in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1988 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
rx10 wrote:
I have enrolled in egmat full course online. I am planning to take GMAT in Apr end. Do I need to practice OG2020 as I already have many no of questions in egmat course.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi
Egmat is a very good course and has very good reviews in Gmatclub. However, in my opinion, you must also practice actual Gmat questions, which are only available in the OG. It will give a feel of the actual question the Gmat tests.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
OG2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi rx10,

Once you take your next practice exam, feel free to report back with your score breakdown, and I’d be happy to provide some advice.

Good luck!!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64895 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
rx10 wrote:
I have enrolled in egmat full course online. I am planning to take GMAT in Apr end. Do I need to practice OG2020 as I already have many no of questions in egmat course.

Posted from my mobile device

The need may not be so much for Quant, but for Verbal, yes, you absolutely must go through every question of OG2020 very thoroughly. It is a good idea to go through the complete prep material of a provider of your choice and then practice using official resources in the last month or two. If you jump on to official material before going through concepts, you waste your time and when you return to it later, everything looks familiar so it doesn't give you an accurate picture. But not going through it means you will miss out on the nuances of how official arguments are written and questions are framed etc. Official material practice just before taking the exam ensures everything is fresh in your mind.
I would suggest you to reserve 1-2 months for working on official Quant and Verbal material.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30781 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
OG2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rx10 wrote:

Dear rx10,

I hope your GMAT preparation is going well. You must have created your personalized study plan and you must be following that well.

You ask a very good question - and a short answer to your question is - YES. You should definitely practice official questions for both quant and verbal. This is despite the fact that e-GMAT platform contains a huge repository of original questions for all stages of learning - learning the concepts and methods, cementing the methods, and test readiness.

And since attempting official questions is so very important, we have created a platform especially to enable our students to solve OG questions in the most effective manner - OG Scholaranium.

Now that being said - I will make one point very clear - you do not need to solve each and every question from either of the two sources - e-GMAT or OG. And now you would be wondering - but how do I decide what questions to solve and what to not solve. The answer is simple - the onus for this decision does not lie upon you. It is our responsibility to guide you in this regards and that is why our technology platform gives you the feedback that you need to make this decision.

I urge you to please review this article in which we explain the following:

1. When should you use OG Scholaranium - in Stage 2 after you have learned the concepts and methods using course material in e-GMAT?
    2. What are some other ways in which you can use OG-Scholaranium?
    2A. Use Case 1: To cement methods (in stage 2)
    2B. Use Case 2: based on analysis of skill-data (in stage 2)
    2C. Use Case 3: Creating OG Mocks/Quizzes (in Stage 3)
    3. How can you use OG-Scholaranium in Stage 1?

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. And feel free to give me your e-GMAT account id (via pm) so that I can review your progress and give you a thumbs up on your progress or guide you accordingly.

Regards,
Payal
GMAT Club Bot
OG2020 [#permalink]