Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:49 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
GouravJoshi

Hello !!

Thank you for this thread !!

As a typical Indian free-loader, I would request you to provide me with a brief evaluation of profile and according my chance of converting.

GMAT - 700 (Q48/V37)
GPA - 7.9/10
B.tech - Chemical Engineering
Work Ex - 3 years - Tendering Division in Austrian Water Treatment Technology Company in leadership position (Have won projects north of 25 million USD)
Awarded annual best employee

Query 1: Chances of getting interview call
Query 2: Areas to highlight in essays and focus upon.

Thanks in advance !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.95
WE:Architecture (Consulting)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hello !!

As a typical Indian free-loader, I would request you to provide me with a brief evaluation of profile and according my chance of converting.

GMAT - 700 (Q48/V37)
GPA - 7.9/10
Work Ex - 3 years - Tendering Division in Austrian Water Treatment Technology Company in leadership position (Have won projects north of 25 million USD)

Thanks in advance !![/quote]

Dear sinchan090,
Would you please explain what is "Typical Indian Freeloader" ??
As far as my knowledge and information is concerned no one in this forum is a free loader. This a beautiful forum with knowledgeable and genuine users. Nevertheless I would try to answer your queries though they are quite subjective:
As per ISB, the GMAT score of last year's admit ranged from 640 to 780. GMAT is one of the parameter for the adcom. Having a GMAT score of 700, GPA of 7.9, 3 years of Work Ex with international exposure, you stand a fair chance of getting an interview call. Though final decision rests with the adcom :-D
Application Essays for 2017 intake are as mentioned below:

Essay 1:
If we were to admit just one more candidate to the Postgraduate Program (PGP) at the ISB, why should it be you? (400 words max)

Write your story. Your best personal/professional experience that made an impact either to your organization or to the society. Something which made you a better person.

Essay 2:
Describe your short and long term career plans. How does the PGP fit in with those? (300 words max)

Persuade you worthiness to the adcom. Give them the reason why you believe that you are a strong fit for ISB's PGP and vice versa. Mentioned your post MBA aspirations and vision.

Essay 3:
Please use this space to provide any other information not covered elsewhere in the application that could significantly impact your candidature at ISB. Note: It is not necessary for you to write this essay. Please use this space only if there is something really significant that you would like us to know. (200 words max)

You may use this space to highlight your international exposure, your leadership position etc is you have not highlighted the same in your previous essays. And i would suggest you not to attempt this essay if you dont have any substantial points to make.

I hope I have answered your queries. Kindly let me know if you feel you need some more information. At the same time I would like to invite others to share their opinion on this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GouravJoshi wrote:
Hello !!

GMAT - 700 (Q48/V37)
GPA - 7.9/10

Thanks in advance !!

Dear sinchan090,
As far as my knowledge and information is concerned no one in this forum is a free loader. This a beautiful forum with knowledgeable and genuine users. Nevertheless I would try to answer your queries though they are quite subjective:
As per ISB, the GMAT score of last year's admit ranged from 640 to 780. GMAT is one of the parameter for the adcom. Having a GMAT score of 700, GPA of 7.9, 3 years of Work Ex with international exposure, you stand a fair chance of getting an interview call. Though final decision rests with the adcom :-D

Essay 1:
If we were to admit just one more candidate to the Postgraduate Program (PGP) at the ISB, why should it be you? (400 words max)

Write your story. Your best personal/professional experience that made an impact either to your organization or to the society. Something which made you a better person.

Essay 2:
Describe your short and long term career plans. How does the PGP fit in with those? (300 words max)

Persuade you worthiness to the adcom. Give them the reason why you believe that you are a strong fit for ISB's PGP and vice versa. Mentioned your post MBA aspirations and vision.

Essay 3:
Please use this space to provide any other information not covered elsewhere in the application that could significantly impact your candidature at ISB. Note: It is not necessary for you to write this essay. Please use this space only if there is something really significant that you would like us to know. (200 words max)

You may use this space to highlight your international exposure, your leadership position etc is you have not highlighted the same in your previous essays. And i would suggest you not to attempt this essay if you dont have any substantial points to make.

I hope I have answered your queries. Kindly let me know if you feel you need some more information. At the same time I would like to invite others to share their opinion on this.[/quote]

Hey Gourav,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

My "freeloader" pun was me trying to be unnecessarily funny :P

I visited Manya, Princeton in my locality and they told me similar things. Do you suggest that I take their help with my essays?

Thanks again for your guidance :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
sinchan090 wrote:
GouravJoshi wrote:
Hello !!

GMAT - 700 (Q48/V37)
GPA - 7.9/10

Thanks in advance !!

Dear sinchan090,

Essay 1:

Essay 2:

Essay 3:

I hope I have answered your queries. Kindly let me know if you feel you need some more information. At the same time I would like to invite others to share their opinion on this.

Hey Gourav,

I visited Manya, Princeton in my locality and they told me similar things. Do you suggest that I take their help with my essays?

Thanks again for your guidance :)[/quote]

Glad for bringing the fun element :-D
My friend's experience with Manya for admission consulting was not very good. I would suggest you to attend a couple of free webinars offer by almost all the admission consultants to make a decision. Presently even I am attending one of them by Applicant Lab on egmat platform :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GouravJoshi wrote:
sinchan090 wrote:
GouravJoshi wrote:
Hello !!

GMAT - 700 (Q48/V37)
GPA - 7.9/10

Thanks in advance !!

Dear sinchan090,

Essay 1:

Essay 2:

Essay 3:

Hey Gourav,

Thanks again for your guidance :)

Glad for bringing the fun element :-D
My friend's experience with Manya for admission consulting was not very good. I would suggest you to attend a couple of free webinars offer by almost all the admission consultants to make a decision. Presently even I am attending one of them by Applicant Lab on egmat platform :P[/quote]

Thank you !! I will look into it. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Hello folks,
Wiley and GMAC have released the Official Guide errata list. I am attaching the documents shared for the GMAT Review, Verbal Review, Quant Review.
They have also announced a replacement program for those who have already purchased the GMAT Review Guide 2017.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM