It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 04:29

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 00:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
I submitted my application on 13th and got the invite yesterday


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 00:14
That's a bit strange. I know a lot of alumnis and everyone told me that ISB takes 2-3 weeks to get back.

It's a great news though. Congratulations. Do prepare well!! and All the best!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 00:23
Official Confirmation:

First round of interview calls are out and they will keep coming. Keep a tab on your Status on the application portal. 

The 'Early Decision Category' means that candidates whose application is complete (with recommendations) and if ISB 'really' likes their profile, they may be called early for the interview and will get an admit decision by November 10th, while others continue to interview till November end for the December 5th admit decision

All the best to everyone!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 00:51
arpitgupta6650 wrote:
Hi
I just got a mail from ISB stating that i have been shortlisted for early decisions category and the interview will be scheduled between 22/10 to 4/11 and decision will be conveyed by 7/11. Can you please explain what is this early decision category?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Hi Arpit,

Just confirmed with ISB admissions' Team - its a new feature they introduced this year- they are picking out applications which have been read already - so I guess you submitted a little earlier than others?

There is no special advantage to that, but yes, your agonizing wait for the interview is over.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 175

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 126

Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 08:40
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
Official Confirmation:

First round of interview calls are out and they will keep coming. Keep a tab on your Status on the application portal. 

The 'Early Decision Category' means that candidates whose application is complete (with recommendations) and if ISB 'really' likes their profile, they may be called early for the interview and will get an admit decision by November 10th, while others continue to interview till November end for the December 5th admit decision

All the best to everyone!


Hi,

Though I find your description enticing, but I'd like to know the source of this information. Thanks ! :wink:
I submitted mine on 11 Sep
_________________

C'est la vie

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 126

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 231

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 21:46
arpitgupta6650 wrote:
Hi
I just got a mail from ISB stating that i have been shortlisted for early decisions category and the interview will be scheduled between 22/10 to 4/11 and decision will be conveyed by 7/11. Can you please explain what is this early decision category?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi Arpit,

Could please share your brief profile including your GMAT scores, work exp, etc?
_________________

Kindly press the Kudos to appreciate my post !! :-)

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 21:50
Hi..I am in merchant navy with 6byears of work ex. Got 730 in Gmat.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2015
Posts: 99

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 05:05
Official email from ISB
Thank you for submitting your application in PGP Admissions Cycle-1. Kindly note the Cycle-1 process post application submission:
Verification - Submitted documents will be verified.
Shortlisting - All verified applications will be reviewed for making interview calls.
Interviews - Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, anytime between 22 Oct and 30 Nov, 2016. A notice of at least 5 days will be provided over e-mail for the interview.
Decision 1 - Candidates interviewed between Oct 22 and Nov 06 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Nov 10, 2016.
Decision 2 - Candidates interviewed between Nov 10 and Nov 30 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Dec 05, 2016.
Reject Notification - All candidates who were not interviewed will be notified over e-mail on Dec 05, 2016.
Best Regards,

Team Admissions
Indian School of Business
E-Mail: pgp@isb.edu
Ph.No: +91-40-23187474/7484

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 10:23
Anyone know of any EEO applicant who has already received an interview call in the early decision category?

And those who have got the interview mails, if you could let us know your city that would be helpful too :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 12:36
I applied on the 14th and received an invite for interview on 17th under early decision category. Since I am not in country looks like I will have to go with the skype option. Could anyone let me know about the disadvantages of a skype interview if any? Do they still ask the one word essay question over skype? Thanks.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 70

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 109

Location: India
GPA: 3.02
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 20:03
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Official email from ISB
Thank you for submitting your application in PGP Admissions Cycle-1. Kindly note the Cycle-1 process post application submission:
Verification - Submitted documents will be verified.
Shortlisting - All verified applications will be reviewed for making interview calls.
Interviews - Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, anytime between 22 Oct and 30 Nov, 2016. A notice of at least 5 days will be provided over e-mail for the interview.
Decision 1 - Candidates interviewed between Oct 22 and Nov 06 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Nov 10, 2016.
Decision 2 - Candidates interviewed between Nov 10 and Nov 30 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Dec 05, 2016.
Reject Notification - All candidates who were not interviewed will be notified over e-mail on Dec 05, 2016.
Best Regards,

Team Admissions
Indian School of Business
E-Mail: pgp@isb.edu
Ph.No: +91-40-23187474/7484


Yeah I got this as well. What does this even mean? I think every candidate gets this? Or is this to indicate that they are reviewing our file now?

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 109

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 20:51
dev1234 wrote:
I applied on the 14th and received an invite for interview on 17th under early decision category. Since I am not in country looks like I will have to go with the skype option. Could anyone let me know about the disadvantages of a skype interview if any? Do they still ask the one word essay question over skype? Thanks.


No disadvantage, as such. I took my EEO interview over Skype. Went smooth and they didn't ask me any one word essay.

Regards,
Abhirup Bhabani,
ISB Co2018

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 20:53
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED

!
Moderator Warning: Posting advertisements or promotional stuff in applicant discussion threads is not allowed.

Last edited by Narenn on 18 Oct 2016, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Post Removed. Advertising is not allowed in discussion threads.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 231

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:27
People who are getting invites, can you please share your location of interview?

As i have heard they do it in batches for a specific location. This year this system is new?

MBADecoder - Can you please comment?
_________________

Kindly press the Kudos to appreciate my post !! :-)

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:30
FightToSurvive wrote:
People who are getting invites, can you please share your location of interview?

As i have heard they do it in batches for a specific location. This year the this system is new?

Yes I was told the same by an adcom member. Kindly share your locations. Will be helpful for us!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:38
Hi i got the invite..i am situated in jaipur and they hav offered either skype or Hyderabad as interview location


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 231

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:42
arpitgupta6650 wrote:
Hi i got the invite..i am situated in jaipur and they hav offered either skype or Hyderabad as interview location


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi Arpit,

Did you get a documents verification mail prior to invite mail?

I am assuming that you have submitted your application on 14th October.

Rgds.
_________________

Kindly press the Kudos to appreciate my post !! :-)

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:47
I submitted my application on 13th got the invite on 14..didn't receive any verification mail


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:48
Sorry submitted application on 13th got invite on 15th


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Said Oxford Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 01:27
A bigtime goofup has happened in my application !! I have submitted on 15th 11:55 PM but my application shows "Submitted on 16th". What should I do??
They bluntly write that do not call us for any update !!

Any comments from the members!!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2016, 01:27

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  35    Next  [ 681 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.