Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GMAT 2: 600 Q31 V41
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
ayasofaya wrote:
thomkatt wrote:
ayasofaya wrote:
R3 applicant who got an invite here!

They're not being shady. They just have a ton of events for different groups, and some of the invitations come with an option to interview on the days of the events. It's for scheduling reasons, nothing else. So (my theory is) if Redheads of Business and Former Astronauts Association have a set day of events for interviewees on X date and Y date, respectively, they want to go through the redheads and former astronaut applicants soon enough that IF they decide to invite them, it's not too late for them to schedule to attend those events. That's it. Tin foil hats away, please.

They will get to everyone. It may not be on the timeline you want, but if you didn't get a rejection notice, you're not rejected, and you have to just repeat that over and over until the waiting anxiety starts to believe it. :( I know it's hard.

lmao, according to your "theory", what events happens AFTER Round 3 to be invited for? on-campus events? international events? global redheads association event?

Probably the same events on different dates for round 4. I don't know, I'm just speculating. The ones I'm talking about are all on campus, since the point is, "since you're already coming into town to interview, you may want to schedule around these events that apply to you but don't apply to others who applied before you that we may invite later." Attending these events wouldn't even affect your candidacy, just your interview date if you want to make your travel fit the schedule.

My only point is that reading the tea leaves based on application date alone may not be the most accurate, and to propose a possible reason as to why someone who applied after someone may get their notification before. I don't know about calling people off the waitlist though, since that is a status change in and of itself.

I highly doubt it. The amount of time it would take to see who's qualified to interview and then try to see if their interests align with events would take an insane amount of time to coordinate and sift through. It would just be easier to have monthly events so that each round can attend. You're giving stern too much credit. No other school does this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Waitlisted! As I suspected it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
ApplicantEU wrote:

Did you get an email update?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
anthonychen726 wrote:
ApplicantEU wrote:

No, I didn't, just happened to check the portal. They updated my account today. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
ApplicantEU wrote:
anthonychen726 wrote:
ApplicantEU wrote:

No, I didn't, just happened to check the portal. They updated my account today. Good luck!

Wonderful.... good luck to you on the rest of your applications though!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
NYU Stern DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 42 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 44 minutes ago, GPA: 3.5, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
To all those who interviewed and received a decision, how quickly did Stern get back to you? I just interviewed today and the nerves are already there lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
sgn00502 wrote:
To all those who interviewed and received a decision, how quickly did Stern get back to you? I just interviewed today and the nerves are already there lol

I interviewed almost two weeks ago. Been sitting on pins and needles ever since!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GRE 1: Q161 V158
Send PM
sgn00502 wrote:

It was an 8 day turn around for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
russelljk91 wrote:
sgn00502 wrote:

It was an 8 day turn around for me.

It was a 13-day window for me. I got the update via portal yesterday, and accepted the offer last night.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
sgn00502 ns89 russelljk91

I request you to add your interview experiences in the following link. They will be of tremendous help for the future applicants.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/stern-199/in ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
r2 applicant here. got wailisted today. good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
R3. Got invited today. Submitted a few hours before the deadline. 720 gmat from Mexico.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
NYU Stern DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 19 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 50 minutes ago, from Indonesia, GMAT:730 (Q50 V38), GPA: 3.48, Industry: Retail, WE 58, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 54 minutes ago, from Mexico, GMAT:720, GPA: 3.6, Industry: Venture Capital, WE 60, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How long is the NYU rolling interview decision process? I've been waiting for ages and my boyfriend already received his
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
ArthurMas wrote:
How long is the NYU rolling interview decision process? I've been waiting for ages and my boyfriend already received his

Did you end up getting an invite? It says interview invite for Stern next to your profile.

I'm still waiting to hear! Applied Round 3.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sfomba wrote:
ArthurMas wrote:

Did you end up getting an invite? It says interview invite for Stern next to your profile.

I'm still waiting to hear! Applied Round 3.

No, I haven't, I logged into his account as I haven't opened one for myself, hehe, confusing I know. He has an invite, I don't, yet. Also waiting for round 3. The wait has been terrible. At least with many of the others we know the actual date...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts