GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 16:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GMAT 2: 600 Q31 V41
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.45
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 15:36
ArthurMas wrote:
sfomba wrote:
ArthurMas wrote:
How long is the NYU rolling interview decision process? I've been waiting for ages and my boyfriend already received his

Did you end up getting an invite? It says interview invite for Stern next to your profile.

I'm still waiting to hear! Applied Round 3.

No, I haven't, I logged into his account as I haven't opened one for myself, hehe, confusing I know. He has an invite, I don't, yet. Also waiting for round 3. The wait has been terrible. At least with many of the others we know the actual date...

You can get your invite at any point between now and April first. It could be a while, but that's the timeline they described in the app.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 15:40
ayasofaya wrote:

You can get your invite at any point between now and April first. It could be a while, but that's the timeline they described in the app.

I've just realized that. I thought April 1st was final decision. Oh God, it could be a loooong time. Especially for international students. Oh well...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 20:55
ArthurMas wrote:
sfomba wrote:
ArthurMas wrote:
How long is the NYU rolling interview decision process? I've been waiting for ages and my boyfriend already received his

Did you end up getting an invite? It says interview invite for Stern next to your profile.

I'm still waiting to hear! Applied Round 3.

No, I haven't, I logged into his account as I haven't opened one for myself, hehe, confusing I know. He has an invite, I don't, yet. Also waiting for round 3. The wait has been terrible. At least with many of the others we know the actual date...

I was a round 1 applicant and received my invite to interview in December, almost 2 months after I applied. Sit tight, there's no telling how long it takes!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 10:51
Is anyone planning on being on campus end of Feb for an interview? I will be there for a couple of days. PM me if you are in the same boat!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 10:53
ksh304102 wrote:
Is anyone planning on being on campus end of Feb for an interview? I will be there for a couple of days. PM me if you are in the same boat!

I'm torn whether to attend or take a remote session. I'm not from the US.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 23:09
anyone has insight on requesting a virtual interview?
having difficulties to travel because of the widespread of coronavirus
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 06:06
Hi fightinggmat,

Congrats on being invited to interview at Stern! I recommend you reach out to the admissions office and express your travel challenges. The email should be very clear about (i) where you are traveling from, (ii) the travel restrictions you are experiencing, and (iii) the request for VTC interview.

The admission team is made up of real people who invited you to interview because they want to get to know you; a world event that is out of your control is not something you will be penalized for.

Good luck with the request and the interview.

Susan

fightinggmat wrote:
anyone has insight on requesting a virtual interview?
having difficulties to travel because of the widespread of coronavirus

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 10:15
To all those stressing about Stern replying late, I just received my offer of admission today. I am a round 1 applicant, applied in mid October before the deadline, was invited to interview late December, interviewed 27th January and was admitted today. It has been a stressful and sometimes frustrating process, but these things have a way of sorting themselves out. Have faith!
Stanford School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.43

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 22:48
sgn00502 wrote:
To all those stressing about Stern replying late, I just received my offer of admission today. I am a round 1 applicant, applied in mid October before the deadline, was invited to interview late December, interviewed 27th January and was admitted today. It has been a stressful and sometimes frustrating process, but these things have a way of sorting themselves out. Have faith!

Things have a way of sorting themselves out for some. Now if you don't get any admits. This would be hard to say
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 00:44
sgn00502 wrote:

Congratulations!!

I am an R3 applicant from India still waiting for a response from Stern. I understand Stern takes only face to face interviews and the Adcom generally visits India sometime in March to conduct the offsite F2F interview. In case you interviewed in Jan in India, does that mean that the Adcom won't be visiting in March for the offsite interviews :( ?

Can you please confirm that you had an F2F interview in India?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 15:03
Should most R3 applicants expect to hear toward the end of March? (My thinking below)

- Delayed timeline acts as a hedge to protect yield
- Invite highly competitive applicants Mar 25 and give 1-2 days to respond - encourages natural attrition from the students who are admitted and prefer Wharton / Booth
- Open floodgates as wide as necessary to lower quality candidates based on response rate from the Mar 25 cohort
- From Jan to Mar 25, rigorously prioritize preferred admits based on the application itself
- Also from Jan to Mar 25, invite applicants who have made it abundantly clear that NYU is a top choice and build a waitlist of applicants with strong stats who may not choose to remain on the waitlist after sending a confirmation in that same Mar 25 time period to stay on

Sound accurate? In this world, many applicants (highly and not highly competitive) would have to wait, but seems an ideal strategy for NYU to manage class size in the unpredictable tail of top 10 ranked schools.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 06:45
ArthurMas wrote:
ksh304102 wrote:

I'm torn whether to attend or take a remote session. I'm not from the US.

Sorry I saw this a little late as I maybe could've connected with you. I'm a R3 applicant and was invited end of January. I visited the campus, talked to students and interviewed on campus recently. It was a great experience so I highly recommending going there if you can.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 18:50
SiaAdmissions
Thanks Susan! How long does it usually take to hear back from the admission team after the request is sent?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 09:47
hwbcn12345 wrote:
Should most R3 applicants expect to hear toward the end of March? (My thinking below)

- Delayed timeline acts as a hedge to protect yield
- Invite highly competitive applicants Mar 25 and give 1-2 days to respond - encourages natural attrition from the students who are admitted and prefer Wharton / Booth
- Open floodgates as wide as necessary to lower quality candidates based on response rate from the Mar 25 cohort
- From Jan to Mar 25, rigorously prioritize preferred admits based on the application itself
- Also from Jan to Mar 25, invite applicants who have made it abundantly clear that NYU is a top choice and build a waitlist of applicants with strong stats who may not choose to remain on the waitlist after sending a confirmation in that same Mar 25 time period to stay on

Sound accurate? In this world, many applicants (highly and not highly competitive) would have to wait, but seems an ideal strategy for NYU to manage class size in the unpredictable tail of top 10 ranked schools.

I think this is spot on. If I could go back, I would've applied in the November round.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 06:48
Does any one from India has received invite(Round 3)?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stern '22 (S)
GRE 1: Q161 V154

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 13:41
harvey_specter wrote:
Does any one from India has received invite(Round 3)?

Nope. Still waiting, at least I am
BSchool Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 12:55
Hi guys,

Just got my invite 2 hrs ago. All the best in the process!!!! They did not mention anything about the adcomm visiting the country. Can some previous interview invitee comment on this.

I am based in India.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 03:47
Hey guys. I received an invitation to interview yesterday.

The problem is that I am an international applicant from a troubling country, and due to the Travel Ban, there is no way I can get a US visa for the on-campus interview (I can get F1 student visa after receiving an official admission letter). I am going to explain the situation and ask for a virtual interview, but since Stern doesn't like virtual interviews in general, how much do you think this issue will hurt my chances for admission?
BSchool Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 11:39
Hi Zandler

I just gave a call to the adcom to the number mentioned in the email. They were pretty accommodating. You can try as well as opposed to emailing and explaining the situation.

BTW how do you know stern doesn’t like virtual interviews..?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 01:08
redskull1 wrote:
Hi Zandler

I just gave a call to the adcom to the number mentioned in the email. They were pretty accommodating. You can try as well as opposed to emailing and explaining the situation.

BTW how do you know stern doesn’t like virtual interviews..?

Thank you - will do so.

I had read about it in this forum and the fact that they have this policy that all interviews must be on-campus unless something very unusual is happening.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2020, 01:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 256 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker